Tundra Update Released - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    aeroripper wrote: »
    That's pretty good but the color should be less yellow (a little more reddish in it), and maybe have a 'shiny' shader on it.

I'm thinking more of this color:

http://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/Metallic-Gold-Color-Background-01.jpg

Yeah my bad, I literally just overlayed yellow on it.
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I've been playing since the beginning of workshop with my black plated FPS viewmodels, however the world models are just the default ones T_T

I agree, this would be awesome!

Shoutout to Kouji's Special Edition equipment mod.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99622782

(Plz make official.)
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    1) I don't think pre-order black armor should be trade-able. If anything it should be upgraded to distinguish itself more from these new armors (shiny gold trim might be a nice touch).
    Add an exo/rifle/shotgun skin just for pre-order black armors.

DPwigaYl.png

Bling bling?
    The bees!

What would be the reason for a TSF marine to wear golden / yellow?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    Heh,
    1) I don't think pre-order black armor should be trade-able. If anything it should be upgraded to distinguish itself more from these new armors (shiny gold trim might be a nice touch).
    Add an exo/rifle/shotgun skin just for pre-order black armors.

Bling bling?
    The bees!

That's pretty good but the color should be less yellow (a little more reddish in it), and maybe have a 'shiny' shader on it.

I'm thinking more of this color:

http://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/Metallic-Gold-Color-Background-01.jpg

It's too .... Safetyvest color yellow. Needs to perhaps be gold and less... Wait, what's wrong with the Spec-Ops again... Seems fine the way it is with silver, it shouldn't be flashy IMHO...
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    It's too .... Safetyvest color yellow. Needs to perhaps be gold and less... Wait, what's wrong with the Spec-Ops again... Seems fine the way it is with silver, it shouldn't be flashy IMHO...

Players' should have to shield their eyes when looking at it due to the beauty. Can't look... too... beautiful.....
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    navazka wrote: »
    Hello, do I understand correctly that I can sell any of those items on the market at any time, even after I use them in game for some time?

Also, do you actually receive some percentage from the market transactions? Because I usually buy cosmetic items to support game devs. If you had no benefit from market transactions, that would be good to know.

And lastly, is it possible to include multiple images for a single item in your item store? Because for example for rifle and shotgun skins, the artworks is nice, but I'd like to see how it looks inside the game, from player's POV. Could you add such screenshots?

Yes. You can resale your skins and armors at any time.

10% of the market transaction goes to UWE, and 5% to valve. The rest goes to the seller.

No, it is not possible to include multiple images. That is all handled by steam. If you would like some images just ask here or in discord and someone might get one for you?
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    These hats will do wonders.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2016
    Aeglos wrote: »
    Bugs. There is this illegal mip something something spamming my console. And my skins seem to keep resetting maybe every time I reset NS2. Not game breaking but annoying.

this is currently cause mainly by the dropship and armslab texture... we are working through the build process to figure out why.
  • FarewelltoarmsFarewelltoarms gainesville fl Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183603Members
    I've never understood why people buy cosmetic DLC's. You can't even see them on your own character since this is an FPS, and enemies are usually too busy trying to kill you to bother focusing on the color of your shotgun. Not only that, but for a cosmetic skin to stand out, it basically has to upset the visual theme already in place for the game. For instance, bile bomb is green because in most people's minds, acid is green and so an acidic attack that corrodes armor should also be green. If you made bile bomb purple, sure it would stand out, but it would defy logic and ruin the visual coherency of the game.

I don't think alot of people are going to buy purely skins. Ultimately, if you guys want more income from this game, I think you will have to include things that alter gameplay in some way, e.g., new guns, new lifeforms, new abilities. This is what the major games that rely on microtransactions do.

I've always wondered why publishers never experiment with subscription models. It works for MMORPG's, so I don't understand why a compelling FPS game couldn't implement the same model. Of course, the fee should be less, maybe $1-5 a month, but still, it would provide a decent amount of money for content patches.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I don't think alot of people are going to buy purely skins.

You'd be surprised at the amount of DLC NS2 still sells. This is why we decided to experiment with making a new DLC, to see if our ideas of it being something customers want bore fruit.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    All this stuff is neat and all... But you guys need to make sure you have all the kinks worked out before cramming too much in...

It honestly seems like the game is going backwards since the CDT was dissolved.. The crashing problem they had fixed resurfaced with the first build the PDT released, and each build since has introduced new problems for me.

Including having my textures not load until after I'm running around (never once happened to me before) and visual glitches on the weapons. (which are merely annoying, but still)

I love NS2 but I'm starting to worry a little about the game's future. Especially with the drop in populated servers I've seen recently. (including rookie only) From 3-4 populated NA servers every morning to 1-2.. one of which is rookie only...
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    dethovu wrote: »
    Should Black Armor be tradeable?

NO.

Having Black Armor is like being in a special club. A club that no one gets into. You had your chance. We supported the game first. We were told our Black Armor would be special. You can't just suddenly trade that. My Black Armor! MINE!

NO.

You can trade the World Cup shoulder badges and the Reinforcement things too. They were exclusive too, so I don't really see a reason why you shouldn't be able to trade the black armor.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Nothing is as special as black armor and nothing ever will be. That being said, if the price is exorbitantly high, I would sell mine.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I don't have black armor. But I don't think I or aNybody elsE who didn't support the game before it was a game should have access to it by principle.

"Oh you preordered the game? You've been around that long? Kudos, that's dope, you earned it"

"No, I bought it for $800, I'm pretend"
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Frozen wrote: »
    Nothing is as special as black armor and nothing ever will be. That being said, if the price is exorbitantly high, I would sell mine.

The funny thing about black armor is, supposedly around 10,000 people purchased the Alpha and most of them never ended up staying, so there is a high chance if it's tradeable the black armor would end up flooding the marketplace more than any other skin combined. (If they reinstall just to sell it of course.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    Great update. Did wonders for csgo. Now someone start selling there "elite assault" armor cause i'm interested in two pairs of those.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    As much as I could see the exclusivity of the black armour I can't understand why people are getting worked up about it, it's not like there will be more black armours being released,

It will still remain the same number as all that has changed is the owner , they aren't releasing more black armours the amount will stay the same, so the armour isn't devalued.

Remember it's completely down to you to trade the armour or not.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts

NO.

Having Black Armor is like being in a special club. A club that no one gets into. You had your chance. We supported the game first. We were told our Black Armor would be special. You can't just suddenly trade that. My Black Armor! MINE!

NO.

No one will take it away from you. If we were to do it, people who do have it, would have the option to sell if they wanted to.
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really don't understand why i can trade all my stuff but not the black armor. The black armor belongs to the people who bought it and they can decide for themselfs if they want to sell it or not.

When someone wants to earn a lot of money by selling his black armor than its his choice. Like The_Welsh_Wizzard says: Elite Assault and World Cup Badges are tradeable too and they were also exclusives.
    Obraxis wrote: »

NO.

NO.

No one will take it away from you. If we were to do it, people who do have it, would have the option to sell if they wanted to.

That is such an "it's not on us, but you" answer it isn't even funny, black armor is more than just a cosmetic item. It's literally a status symbol for the people who helped fund the game early on. If other games started selling their "Alpha Squad" - PlanetSide 2, and "Founders" - Warframe benefits they'd be under even more fire than you could believe.

But hey, at least you can get money off of each marketplace purchase.
  • navazkanavazka Join Date: 2015-12-08 Member: 209825Members
    Are you going to add all the items from existing DLCs into the item store?
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    navazka wrote: »
    Are you going to add all the items from existing DLCs into the item store?

Yup
  • dethovudethovu Join Date: 2009-06-23 Member: 67906Members

Oh no, you misunderstood me -- I wasn't implying the skin itself would be taken away, I meant the value of the skin would be completely undermined if made tradeable.

For me, having Black Armor says "I believed in you, UWE, even though you didn't actually have a game yet."

Being able to suddenly trade that initial badge-of-faith so that any random Joe can have it just seems...offensive.

There will be plenty of other skins to choose from once the market gets filled up.
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016

Oh no, you misunderstood me -- I wasn't implying the skin itself would be taken away, I meant the value of the skin would be completely undermined if made tradeable.

For me, having Black Armor says "I believed in you, UWE, even though you didn't actually have a game yet."

Being able to suddenly trade that initial badge-of-faith so that any random Joe can have it just seems...offensive.

There will be plenty of other skins to choose from once the market gets filled up.

And some people supported the worldcup 2014 and now everyone can buy the worldcup-supporter badget for 2 Dollars.

They believed in the world cup and wanted to show that they support that event. Now everyone can have it without even knowing that there was a worldup in 2014.....

i purchased the shadow pack in the reinforcement phase to help UWE and the game. As a thank you i got the Elite Assault skin that was promised as "exlusive Skin for all Helpers who spend more than 75 Dollars". Now everyone can buy this, even they don't spent there anything at all.

That is offensive too!
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Dude, who bought Elite Assault Armor for $130??????
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Frozen wrote: »
    Regnareb wrote: »
    One way of fixing memory and gameplay problems would be to have an option (or at least console command) to disable models so that all the models switch to the default one.

No one's paying for anything that other people aren't forced to look at.
    It would be a minority, and you wouldn't even know.

And some people stop playing because of that kind of silly things.
  • Visor1Visor1 Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140300Members
    edited February 2016
    So how does one actually buy this? Every time I click on purchase for myself it sits there looking at me, like I'm suppose to enter a secret code.

"There was an error getting listings for this item. Please try again later."

anyone else getting this problem?
  • SamG2020SamG2020 Bristol UK | Vancouver Canada Join Date: 2015-11-24 Member: 209449Members
    I really like the new skins. My favourite aspect of skins in this game is the rifle's ammo counter, and I think tundra is my favourite so far!
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Visor1 wrote: »
    So how does one actually buy this? Every time I click on purchase for myself it sits there looking at me, like I'm suppose to enter a secret code.

"There was an error getting listings for this item. Please try again later."

anyone else getting this problem?

Hi, it sounds like you're trying to buy it from the community market, which is where players resell their existing inventory. Try this link.