Development Plans

ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
So I was browsing through the Subnautica Trello page looking at the Devs' plans for the Seamoth Update and I decided to share what was the most interesting to me. If anybody wants to look at these for themselves they can check it out here.

Currently working on:
  • Spine Eel
  • Blood Kelp Zone
  • Complete docking + player exiting animation
  • Seamoth Electrical defense FX
  • Next iteration of story
This shows us that they are working on some big things. We already have the Mountain Biome added in experimental and now the Blood Kelp too? Plus an electrical defense, new creature, and some story.

Planning to do:
  • Spawn first aid kit in escape pod
  • Spawn birds on Aurora after radiation gone
  • Streamline blueprints and make easier to build blueprint-tech
  • Make Seamoth explode
  • Design first farming prototype
By looking at this we can see that stopping the radiation will have some effect on the environment and give us an indicator when it's safe to ditch the radiation suit. We'll also be able to use the first aid kit spot in the Escape Pod at last along with the Seamoth exploding when it gets to 0 health. Now of course we can't forget about the work on blueprints and a farm prototype that they're working on. I'm betting on this farming prototype being a fragment in an area like the Mountain, Dunes, or Blood Kelp biomes.

Comments

• InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    For those of you who follow the Trello page, Blood Kelp won't actually be in the Seamoth Update, it's planned for the next one. The reason it's in that doing column is so that people can see what I'm working on during this update cycle.
  • SkyninSkynin Russia Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206915Members
    Interesting, will ration/hunger changes make it in Seamoth update?
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Insane wrote: »
    Blood Kelp won't actually be in the Seamoth Update, it's planned for the next one.

I see, that's good to know. I'm glad a developer commented on my post and is clarifying on this. I am however curious about 4 things: The Electrical Defense, next part of the story, blueprints, and the farm. I'm guessing that the defense will shock and harm any creature that comes into contact with it like the stingers we meet in caves. The work on fragments and blueprints I'll be excited to see how it's specifically done. The farm I can only assume is due in some part to the fact that we'll be hunting these fish and it'll be better for the ecosystem if we grow our own without catching all of the fish, or it'll be so we can grow Earth vegetation to mix in with our meals for more variety. The thing that has me most curious though is the next part of the story. I can't wait to see what happens.
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Insane wrote: »
    Blood Kelp won't actually be in the Seamoth Update, it's planned for the next one.

I see, that's good to know. I'm glad a developer commented on my post and is clarifying on this. I am however curious about 4 things: The Electrical Defense, next part of the story, blueprints, and the farm. I'm guessing that the defense will shock and harm any creature that comes into contact with it like the stingers we meet in caves. The work on fragments and blueprints I'll be excited to see how it's specifically done. The farm I can only assume is due in some part to the fact that we'll be hunting these fish and it'll be better for the ecosystem if we grow our own without catching all of the fish, or it'll be so we can grow Earth vegetation to mix in with our meals for more variety. The thing that has me most curious though is the next part of the story. I can't wait to see what happens.

The farm won't be implemented until several more updates. If you want to see an overview of what the devs have planned so far, go here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y9a36QnwZKyx3-IuoZwVGv1ZDae0XFzG812mDufhxLA/edit#heading=h.u05g3b38dtbi
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Holy crap, this new info gets me even more hyped up!!
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Any chance we could build the little medkit station in our bases?
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Any chance we could build the little medkit station in our bases?

That would be cool. To be honest, with so little to build inside a base, there is really no reason to build a huge base.
    Holy crap, this new info gets me even more hyped up!!

Me too! Personally I'm most excited about creatures attacking the base and the exosuit. I think it'll really add to the tension since right now, unless you go swimming with reapers, nothing is a serious threat to your well being. I'm also looking forward to finding out what these "wrecks" are.
    crane476 wrote: »
    I'm also looking forward to finding out what these "wrecks" are.

My bet is that when the Aurora explodes we'll see giant amounts of debris fly everywhere including wrecks. Maybe we'll have to be in our Escape Pod to keep ourselves safe from giant bits of metal hurtling towards us at 200 miles per hour