In the name of honesty

Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
so i've seen some new things in the experimentalmode that i don't like so i will post them here.
so if you see something new and you don't like it post it here! so mabey the Devs can change it or something,

Comments

• Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    the membraintree.
    So when sargey fixed the membraintree he took away something i realy liked the (more) transparent look i loved that one! i would rather have that glicth with the old membraintree then have the new membrain tree look.
    i just think the old way looks much better.
    Not meaning to be mean just saying what i think.
  • ArkStrikeArkStrike Venezuela Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204212Members
    There are inevitably going to be things we like and things we don't and the devs have much in their hands to comfort us all.

We can only sit and give feedback about the content, we individually might never really enjoy some particular things in this game.

Quite possibly in the FINAL build (completed game) we can mod the game to our hearts content just in case you want to shape the game more to your liking.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    ArkStrike wrote: »
    There are inevitably going to be things we like and things we don't and the devs have much in their hands to comfort us all.

We can only sit and give feedback about the content, we individually might never really enjoy some particular things in this game.

Quite possibly in the FINAL build (completed game) we can mod the game to our hearts content just in case you want to shape the game more to your liking.
    The point of this post was it to
    Let them know what you think about
    Some features so the devs don't have to read post evrywhere instead it will all be collected.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    The membrane on the membrane tree is being adjusted now. The spec and emissive were cranked up too high on it with the latest change and we are reducing them down right now. It still won't be quite as transparent as before, but closer.
  • ArkStrikeArkStrike Venezuela Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204212Members
    lussebull wrote: »
    ArkStrike wrote: »

The point of this post was it to
    Let them know what you think about
    Some features so the devs don't have to read post evrywhere instead it will all be collected.

I think there are other mega posts like this already around but most are untouched. Don't worry I believe the devs can handle it.

Also I've been thinking about a defense system for the Cyclops, an electric pulse to be discharged in case you were surrounded by aggressive fauna or if what will inevitably be capable of tearing our cyclops apart we can non-lethaly defend ourselves like we are meant to do.

It can be activated by a particular button, might or might not take a while to charge and will drain power from the main core so its not abused, deals 0 damage but stuns for a while, the larger the fish the shorter the duration and maybe it should have a small random chance of making the big killer fish angrier. Maybe some really end game upgrades that let it affect the nervous system so they are inmobilized indefinitely for a more safe exploration although bigger fishes must be inmune to it to avoid making it too OP.

Also the severe lack of light and pitchblack darkness still gives me the creeps, does it stay in or are we getting a gadget to see a bit better in the future? I was thinking of a sonar that can be upgraded in several ways. First we only see it on a simple radar, afterwards we can feel depths and sizes and a final version allows to see them whenever they make noise like how Daredevil's vision is shown to be.

Example:

sonar.gif
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    I could picture that being a laser green wave sweeping from left to right across the face of the cyclops window, leaving a wire frame of the land before you after the wave. seen it in many sci-fi flicks. maybe something more refined and apropriate for the type of tech we have.
  • BritemacBritemac Texas Join Date: 2015-07-20 Member: 206290Members
    I could picture that being a laser green wave sweeping from left to right across the face of the cyclops window, leaving a wire frame of the land before you after the wave. seen it in many sci-fi flicks. maybe something more refined and apropriate for the type of tech we have.

Those sci fi fics though were either in space, or on land, in salt water that kinda laser thing wouldn't work, the micro NaCl crystal compounds (assuming it's the similar salt water to as on earth) would defract those lasers, making them not function properly.
  • ZixinusZixinus Hungary Join Date: 2015-07-22 Member: 206338Members
    Radar would be useful for terrain.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Britemac wrote: »

Those sci fi fics though were either in space, or on land, in salt water that kinda laser thing wouldn't work, the micro NaCl crystal compounds (assuming it's the similar salt water to as on earth) would defract those lasers, making them not function properly.

only used the word "laser" to describe the color of the wave passing over the glass in the same fashion the the green line on real sonar does. so no lasers. just meant laser green. so actual sonar is good with the layout of the land on the fron window like a see through monitor/view screen that way it works like an overlay. the water can be foggy or dark and you can still see and not have to judge distance and such on a seperate screen. downfall is it uses more power.

only used the word "laser" to describe the color of the wave passing over the glass in the same fashion the the green line on real sonar does. so no lasers. just meant laser green. so actual sonar is good with the layout of the land on the fron window like a see through monitor/view screen that way it works like an overlay. the water can be foggy or dark and you can still see and not have to judge distance and such on a seperate screen. downfall is it uses more power.

'Laser Green' isn't a color, it's just Green, and Sonar doesn't make a 'map' like that it bounces sound waves and calculates based on return time on the sound, the big problem with sonar however is that similar sounds will throw it off, and as we all know Reef Backs are very, very loud
    But it works in the real world, doesn't it?
    Zixinus wrote: »

It sort of works, nothing like in movies as there is a 'lag' time for it aaaaand sound interference can seriously mess it up
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members

'Laser Green' isn't a color, it's just Green, and Sonar doesn't make a 'map' like that it bounces sound waves and calculates based on return time on the sound, the big problem with sonar however is that similar sounds will throw it off, and as we all know Reef Backs are very, very loud

I think he just meant the laser green as in, pew pew :P shooting green lasers xD they have a pretty darn distinct color :)
    Seldkam wrote: »

I think he just meant the laser green as in, pew pew :P shooting green lasers xD they have a pretty darn distinct color :)

It's just standard green though, that's the thing, that color is pure, unadulterated, green

It sort of works, nothing like in movies as there is a 'lag' time for it aaaaand sound interference can seriously mess it up

So what would actually be good then? Because you make it sound as if its somehow broken yet we can find shipwrecks with the stuff right now. One would imagine that in the future, by advanced computers able to sort various sounds, that capacity would be better. It would only make sense that using sonar would have an increasingly large role in the game as the player acquires more submarines, needs to find more stuff (maybe stuff occasionally under the sand?) and goes deeper.

Having other interferences (natural occurrences, animals, perhaps some mysterious sources) could actually add to the game world as it would be an experienced evidence that the player is an a living world. From your description, all the player needs to do is make a full stop and wait a bit until he gets a sonar map of the area.

So what would actually be good then? Because you make it sound as if its somehow broken yet we can find shipwrecks with the stuff right now. One would imagine that in the future, by advanced computers able to sort various sounds, that capacity would be better. It would only make sense that using sonar would have an increasingly large role in the game as the player acquires more submarines, needs to find more stuff (maybe stuff occasionally under the sand?) and goes deeper.

Having other interferences (natural occurrences, animals, perhaps some mysterious sources) could actually add to the game world as it would be an experienced evidence that the player is an a living world. From your description, all the player needs to do is make a full stop and wait a bit until he gets a sonar map of the area.

Yep, although I wouldn't want the 'daredevil' esq type, rather a topographal style map overlay projected onto the driver view window of the Cyclops but only projecting the data saved from the last sonar ping