Work Continues! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2015
    Hi guys,
    anyone know what happen to signatures? Mine is missing now. Oops, its back.
  • roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ subnautica steam keys for ns2 players while we wait for build machine ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    SupaFred wrote: »
    Earlier in this thread there was a discussion about player numbers. On the 11th of june I reset the stats for [SWE] The Thirsty Onos #24 on GameTracker.com. It's a 24-player server and it's the most popular of The Thirsty Onos servers but it's not the only one being used.

GameTracker tracks the number of different players on the servers. After 7 days there had been over 700 different players on it. After 10 days over a 1000 and today, after 16 days there has been over 1500 different players on it. Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself. The stats were reset in the early hours of 11/6.

I see a lot of old players returning to NS2 every now and then. Some of which I haven't seen for a year or two. I think the game has something unique that makes old players revisit NS2 more than other games.

I noticed one player with a name change has been counted twice on that tracking list. It appears changing your name creates a whole new entry?
  • babblerblingbabblerbling Join Date: 2015-05-27 Member: 204951Members
    CDT, can we get an update and ETA on the next patch?
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I noticed one player with a name change has been counted twice on that tracking list. It appears changing your name creates a whole new entry?

Yes that's how it works. And I think hidden profiles are grouped together as "Unknown".

Like I said, it's not an exact number but close enough to give us an idea of how many players visit the server over time.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    Hey guys, how frequently can we expect new patches now that the build machine is up and running? I can definitely expect more than 1 every 6 months, but what number is a reasonable level of expectation for us?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Ironsoul wrote: »
    Hey guys, how frequently can we expect new patches now that the build machine is up and running? I can definitely expect more than 1 every 6 months, but what number is a reasonable level of expectation for us?

Probably not much different than it's been in the past, when we were on UWE's build machine.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Maybe it should be on a regular basis. I would bet on a monthly (or 2 months ) update.
    I guess it's would be seen as a signal saying there's some activity.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    pls deploy patch asap

PLS
    L
    S
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    why is everyone waiting so desperately for 275? I know there is some nice stuff in there but 274 works fine and is still fun to play so relax and enjoy the game
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Mephilles wrote: »
    why is everyone waiting so desperately for 275? I know there is some nice stuff in there but 274 works fine and is still fun to play so relax and enjoy the game

Because it helps people to believe the game is still being worked on by a group of players. Because it might bring back former players and new ones into the game. Because new patches are always cool and because it's always nice to have an aim and where would be the fun if you weren't expecting something to happen? Because...
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

I am sure @nordic can copy-paste you a load of features and fixes as to why people are excited for 275 eh nord ;)

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2015

I'm waiting for 276 to see if the supposed load time optimizations actually helps.
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    Loki wrote: »
    @Ironsoul I believe the plan is around 1 patch a month + or - a week or two

275 is awesome :D because it has ns2_derelict!
    !!!!! Is it finished?

I'm hanging out for the patch because I'm keen to see if there's a performance improvement after moving to VS2013, plus the other optimisations and general polish I've seen on Trello.

And like @Pelargir was saying... coz new things are shiny :)

• LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yojimbo wrote: »

I am sure @nordic can copy-paste you a load of features and fixes as to why people are excited for 275 eh nord ;)

Most of the time it is quoting, or being very consistent with what I say. I can only remember one time I actually copy and pasted.
    The copy paste accusations are funny though.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »
    Yojimbo wrote: »

Most of the time it is quoting, or being very consistent with what I say. I can only remember one time I actually copy and pasted.
    The copy paste accusations are funny though.

I'm pretty sure I've seen you say that exact same thing before...
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Martigen wrote: »
    Loki wrote: »
    @Ironsoul I believe the plan is around 1 patch a month + or - a week or two

275 is awesome :D because it has ns2_derelict!
    !!!!! Is it finished?

I'm hanging out for the patch because I'm keen to see if there's a performance improvement after moving to VS2013, plus the other optimisations and general polish I've seen on Trello.

And like @Pelargir was saying... coz new things are shiny :)

While there will be some performance improvements, i hope for more performance improvements in 276+. 275 is in many regards a very conservative patch that does not take too much risk. Simply because it will be the first patch to test our whole new infrastructure. Some imho interesting stuff is waiting for later patches.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    roxxkatt wrote: »
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ all glory to the build machine ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

And so it begins once more.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    coolitic wrote: »
    roxxkatt wrote: »
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ all glory to the build machine ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

And so it begins once more.

You must admit that guy is becoming a celebrity.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    no idea if wrong thread but I don't wanna open a new thread for this:

can you implement with the next cosmetic DLC that the male marine death sound gets replaced with the wilhelm scream?
  • roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members
    sounds like an easy workshop mod to make
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I just signed off on ns2_derelict's loading screens. Ever closer...

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow