OSX Update Released! - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageOSX Update Released! - Subnautica

Subnautica now runs on Apple OS X! Get it now on the Steam Store – Buy it once and play on both Windows and OS X computers. Already own Subnautica for Windows? You...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    This is excellent! :D Good job once again :)
  • capmgncapmgn Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168555Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    You guys are awesome. Thanks for not giving up on the OS X version!
  • CrawlinChaosCrawlinChaos Pittsburgh, PA Join Date: 2015-06-05 Member: 205267Members
    Awesome work guys! Thanks ever so much!
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Wow thank you so much!!! Can't wait for the sea treader and the animals of the Grand reef i would love some updates on there.
  • sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
  • ASnogarDASnogarD Join Date: 2003-10-24 Member: 21894Members
    ...and welcome to our mac brethren to a awesome game :)
  • DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
    It would be nice, when I can turn off the Music in the game.
  • KunoGKunoG Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203349Members
    I'd like you to add controller suppport. I think it will be nice!
    Sorry, but Configuration Input doesn't work for Mouse buttons ...
    Hey Guys, PLEASE FIX THIS BUGGY MOUSE INPUT CONFIGURATION. MAC IS UNABLE TO PLAY WITH THIS BUG !!!!!!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2015
    Dchicote wrote: »
    Hey Guys, PLEASE FIX THIS BUGGY MOUSE INPUT CONFIGURATION. MAC IS UNABLE TO PLAY WITH THIS BUG !!!!!!

We've been investigating & at the moment it looks like this is a Unity bug which the Unity guys will need to fix.

This is the bug: http://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/input-in-configuration-window-does-not-allow-to-assign-mouse-keys-on-mac
    Looks like they are taking their sweet time to fix it. :neutral:

You might need to uninstall from steam, and completely re-download to try and fix this issue until Unity fix things.

EDIT

@Dchicote I've found a work-around that will fix the issue until Unity do a proper fix. Incoming...
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2015
    Hi guys.

Sorry about the Input bug on Mac - it's definitely a Unity bug. (http://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/input-in-configuration-window-does-not-allow-to-assign-mouse-keys-on-mac)

Looks like they are taking their sweet time to fix it. :neutral: However, you'll be pleased to know I found a work-around!

In Mavericks and Yosemite:

Open your home folder (/Users/yourusername) in the Finder. Depending on your Finder settings, this may be as easy as simply opening a new Finder window. Otherwise, choose Home from the Finder’s Go menu (Go > Home); or press Shift-Command-H.

fQM3IJ4.png

Still in the Finder, choose View > Show View Options (or press Command-J).

MffQgmY.png

Near the bottom of the resulting View-Options palette is a setting called Show Library Folder. Enable this option. Your Library folder is immediately visible.

Jtsgv1e.pngXsufNjF.png

Close the View-Options palette.

Your Library Folder is now visible in your 'Home'.

804QBFF.png

Now, go to the folder Library/Preferences/

hs4lsBQ.png

Inside this folder, you need to DELETE this file:

unity.unknownworlds.Subnautica.plist

PmLaqul.pngstlp8uq.png

Reboot/Restart your Mac (or turn it off/on again). -VERY IMPORTANT-

o5JAWsj.png

Launch Steam and Subnautica, you should find your preferences are default again!

bpN3zjg.png

Be careful not to re-bind your mouse again, or you will need to do this all again! :smile:

--WARNING--

Now that the 'Library' folder is visible, remember to be very careful because, as mentioned above, deleting or moving the wrong file(s) inside this folder could cause an application to misbehave, to lose its settings, or even to lose data. You might want to follow the first steps again, in order to hide it again.

Hope this helps Mac users! :smiley:
    Thanks a lott !!!! It works, Regards Dchicote!!
  • Mar1324Mar1324 canada Join Date: 2015-06-27 Member: 205816Members
    Good game keep up the good work ! but my screen keeps turning black and FPS is very slow. Can someone help me thx.
    Also I know that this is the first version in all but i really want to play.
    nevermind fixed it
    Mar1324 wrote: »
    Good game keep up the good work ! but my screen keeps turning black and FPS is very slow. Can someone help me thx.

1. What is your Hardware? Please describe very precisely ...
    2. Software OS X ???
  • gravitywiregravitywire Boston Join Date: 2015-03-29 Member: 202708Members
    Good work guys, keep up the amazing work. Looking forward to the game when it's finished, it has more content than a lot of early access games already haha.