Update to Repair Missing Terrain Problem - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageUpdate to Repair Missing Terrain Problem - Subnautica

Two weeks ago, the Crash Site update was released.  This update brought Reapers, exploration of the Aurora, radiation suits, and… A horrible bug. For some players, a missing ‘dynamically linked library’ (DLL)...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread
  • StormjdStormjd ON/Canada Join Date: 2015-05-15 Member: 204514Members
    My subnautica has this problem and it isn't working
  • masonmasmasonmas america Join Date: 2015-03-30 Member: 202764Members
    What i think should really be worked on is interaction between sea life. So far from what iv'e seen, its just the sea life doing the same thing and not interacting. The only interaction iv'e seen between the sea life is when i had the bug when the bone sharks invaded my base and wouldn't stop snapping at everything that swam by. what i want is an environment that feels real in a way that creatures would act differently depending on whats in the area.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Stormjd wrote: »
    My subnautica has this problem and it isn't working
    Can you please restart steam and check for a new patch @Stormjd ? We just sent out another fix. Thanks!
  • StormjdStormjd ON/Canada Join Date: 2015-05-15 Member: 204514Members
    Thank you now my subnautica is working:)
  • BobmigbobBobmigbob New York Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204523Members
    I started this post at http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/620713633851582078/
    because my anti virus tells me there is malware in this update? (I installed it 4 times each time it was deleted)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bobmigbob wrote: »
    I started this post at http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/620713633851582078/
    because my anti virus tells me there is malware in this update? (I installed it 4 times each time it was deleted)

This is a false positive.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b248a9ea1f4343a2d0b4293b671df378f41904090400b4346a94d236ea2d0f70/analysis/1431764899/

As you can tell, it seems the 8 false positives out of 59 are kind of indicating they are using heuristics to identify the file, as the results of what they detected are all different. Please just add an exception to subnautica32.exe then verify your game cache. Thanks!
  • Popcon22GDPopcon22GD Largo Join Date: 2015-05-18 Member: 204636Members
    edited May 2015
    my world got deleted after the patch please tell me why
  • Blitzkrieg_WolfBlitzkrieg_Wolf Dallas, Texas. USA. Join Date: 2015-05-20 Member: 204697Members
    I still have a white terrain on the default subnautica, on the experimental i have terrain... but the screen is badly offset.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64x (if that's of any importance), If there's some way to engage the update manually that would be awesome.
  • Popcon22GDPopcon22GD Largo Join Date: 2015-05-18 Member: 204636Members
    why do my Survival saves keep disappearing?
  • NoticableScout121NoticableScout121 Florida Join Date: 2016-01-02 Member: 210811Members
    Day by day my subnautica world is slowly disappearing. There is a huge void in my world and some terrain is slowly "evaporating". IDK if it's because of the graphics setting or what. Creators please respond to my comment because I don't feel like starting a new world since I already have the cyclops and seamoth. So please respond to this comment.
  • whochrisiswhochrisis Ithaca, NY Join Date: 2016-10-03 Member: 222817Members
    I know this is long time off from when this update was published, but I also just encountered this issue and nothing seems to be resolving it.
  • LylaRyderLylaRyder USA Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230671Members
    I took my first trip to the Aurora a while back. On the way back, I looked down and noticed the water was really deep. I didn't think it was abnormal until I reached my pod, which was now also floating over a bottomless abyss. I tried to save so I could restart the game, and it wouldn't let me. I gave up and exited the game anyways, and when I restarted it, I was back to my last save. This has happened two more times since then, one while visiting the aurora, and once while visiting the floating island. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited May 2017
    LylaRyder wrote: »
    I took my first trip to the Aurora a while back. On the way back, I looked down and noticed the water was really deep. I didn't think it was abnormal until I reached my pod, which was now also floating over a bottomless abyss. I tried to save so I could restart the game, and it wouldn't let me. I gave up and exited the game anyways, and when I restarted it, I was back to my last save. This has happened two more times since then, one while visiting the aurora, and once while visiting the floating island. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

Are you on the newest update or on experimental?

I had this bug happen to me on an outdated Castles and Coffee build, and when I began a new save for this build, I have yet to encounter this bug.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited May 2017
    I had this happen to me once during the Silent Running update. When I had my Cyclops in the Ghost Tree Lost River base, I was piloting my 900M depth Seamoth back to my base in the Grand Reef - I needed supplies to get a 2nd max strength Depth Compensator for my Cyclops. While driving through the dark tunnels in the Lost River I was dully surprised to find out I was clipping through the terrain, as I could drive line-of-sight back to my base instead of making the twisty 'Z' path I took originally.

'No matter' I thought, as I eventualy clipped out of the terrain and parked outside of my base. I exited the Seamoth, entered my base and crafted my Compensator. I then saved then quit, and reloaded my save file. I then got back in my Seamoth and began my trek back to my Cyclops. The game seemed fine, as I couldn't clip back through the terrain and I had to go back through the Deep Grand Reef again... but that would quickly change.

As soon as I turned into the Lost River and the water turned green, the various doodads and elements failed to load as I moved forward, and the water eventualy turned dark blue. By the time I got to the turn off with the large skeleton, there was no skeleton... or any terrain for that matter anymore. The beacons for the Cyclops, my base and Lifepod 5 remained, but I could travel anywhere to my heart's content as the landmasses were now gone. I returned to my Cyclops and everything was fine inside there, although Planet 4546B had morphed into Waterworld. :(

As a last-ditch effort, I warped to 0 0 0 and nothing loaded outside of the water; no creatures, no Aurora and no island clouds. I quit the game without saving (which hung the game and forced a Task Manager kill), then reloaded once more. While stuff did load, the game world was badly corrupted. The Aurora was gone, but doodads inside (cases, boxes, tech scrap etc) hung in mid-air. The Precursor Gun was missing from the Mountain Island as was the Portal, but the Island was there (although the entire land was black). The Floating Island was also colored black and was missing its flora and bases, and the cave inside had no Portal or glow. Any terrain remaining was solid black with no elements, and no creatures spawned - any attempts to reload this save caused increasing stability issues. :cry:

I ended up deleting my save file and folder from Windows, starting a new save had no issues like this. While disappearing terrain hasn't appeared again, I have been having various issues since - one such time caused parts of the Precursor Gun to fail to load properly. While the gun array existed certain sections failed to load, causing me to clip through underwater while walking (and yup I had to restart a new file). While I still love Subnautica, these random 'can't load terrain' issues have caused me to not play as much as I have in the past, as I have to keep starting over... I still haven't tried out the new Cyclops yet. :bawling:
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    Seriously this three-year old thread has been revived thrice. Just let it die.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Ojakokko wrote: »
    Seriously this three-year old thread has been revived thrice.

Which means it fulfills the Prophecy of the Thrice Revived Topic! DOOM!
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited May 2017