The WIP Thread - Show What You're Working On!

InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
As a result of discussions we've been having lately it has occurred to me that a cool addition to this forum would be a WIP thread. Share what you're working on! Screenshots, gifs, videos, code snippets; anything goes. We want to see what you're up to!

Comments

• InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    To start things off, I've been working on the Lumberjack Simulator world, working on creating more variation in the landscapes with different ground texture types, and creating decals to do a kind of texture blending.

eJLFy0T.jpg

I've also been playing around with the bloom shader to try and find a sweet spot, which is why the intensity may seen higher than it would be on your own machine.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer

Been stuck on some big projects at work so the Plasticide progress has been slow over the last month. Only really finished one new model.
    iqtIyEm.jpg
    These red butted cow things will try to butt the player and use a spit attack when at range. Still want to do another 2 enemy models to cover the basic types to attack patterns interesting enough.
    Currently working on figuring out how to do the modular player models. Making things made out of Plasticine look mechanical has been a real stumbling block but will have something to show on that soon.
  • MurphyIdiotMurphyIdiot NS2 programmer Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64095Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    :O

I am really looking forward to seeing those guys in action! Do you have plans to animate them?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Howser wrote: »
    Been stuck on some big projects at work so the Plasticide progress has been slow over the last month. Only really finished one new model.
    iqtIyEm.jpg
    These red butted cow things will try to butt the player and use a spit attack when at range. Still want to do another 2 enemy models to cover the basic types to attack patterns interesting enough.
    Currently working on figuring out how to do the modular player models. Making things made out of Plasticine look mechanical has been a real stumbling block but will have something to show on that soon.

No, take your time, please. My nightmares can wait, I guess. :(
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2015
    @Insane Are those decals floating above the ground like NS2 decals? They seem to be causing a shadow, at least the petal like decals..

Edit

Or are they meant to be daisies, dandelions, and the like with shadows?
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    my plans right now are to model all the core content i'll need for the prototype; 5 enemy's, a small set of player model modules and a basic environment set. Once there I will probably move onto trying to animate...I like to do things in chunks so they're somewhat consistent and It also helps me focus. Mostly depends on where the engine is with the animation side of things, I find it a little intimidating right now. Also once all the base content is done I'll open source everything so maybe someone else will want to have a stab at doing some.
    edited March 2015
    Apparently sex sells so I kept that in mind while designing the starting gear for the player model... WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT BELOW
    kn02qZe.jpg
    The initial idea was to create robot player models but given how odd the monsters and world are turning out having humans seemed a nice way of grounding the whole thing.
    Next I'm going to start sculpting different modular parts of armor and clothing the players will have to scavenge and craft from the initial crash site and throughout the maps.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    The initial idea was to create robot player models but given how odd the monsters and world are turning out having humans seemed a nice way of grounding the whole thing.
    Next I'm going to start sculpting different modular parts of armor and clothing the players will have to scavenge and craft from the initial crash site and throughout the maps.[/quote]

2 unique helmets, 3 chest pieces, 2 chain mail, and 300+ penis plating options, amiright?
    @BeigeAlert what we really need is nice jiggle physics for his comb over to flap in the wind.... amongst other things.
  • MurphyIdiotMurphyIdiot NS2 programmer Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64095Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Wow. That human model. Wow.
    A nice quiet weekend so there's two new models this week. The second player model and the fourth monster type.
    This one can only be hurt from the back, its designed to force players out of tight spots and prevent bottle necks from being overly exploited. Hopefully it'll create a nice coop dynamic where one baits while the other attacks from the rear.
    HZ2xFSq.jpg
    lZTGThn.jpg]
    Next week I'll try finish the final monster for the prototype and start showing off some Armour designs.
    Does the white bony area represent invulnerability while the red in the back is the extra damage zone?

That should be possible. I'll have to think how best to implement that. Thanks for sharing your work! We are all really looking forward to seeing these things in action.
    My current thoughts were to just nullify any attacks that come from in a particular angle relative to where the monster was facing rather than having some complex hit box rig. Obviously accurate hit boxes would be preferable but in the name of getting something playable out ASAP, I'll be happy with very basic implementation as proof of concept.
    The eyes and mouth weren't intended to be weak spots (though they do kind of look like they should be) but rather its exposed behind and red bump.
    let me know if you have any ideas of how to do this.
  • BruteBrute Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67778Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Made a video for the other thread, but may as well post it here:
    I was working on a game over the weekend

edited April 2015
    Hooked up gib models for @Howser
  • Jacob-EllingerJacob-Ellinger Grand Rapids Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202641Members
    what game is this?
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    For a variety of reasons a sandbox level for playing around with physics objects of various types seemed a good idea, so I've been putting one together:

KHUOiW3.jpg
    what game is this?

The game is Future Perfect and these are images from games people are making using Future Perfect. Howser is making a shooter for example.
  • BruteBrute Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67778Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

Wasn't satisfied with the default inventory system, so I added some features.
    Great improvements @Brute! I like all the customization options you have in there.
  • marc494marc494 Join Date: 2021-01-20 Member: 267029Members