I refuse to be one of those lurking devs. :D

CastleCastle New York Join Date: 2014-09-08 Member: 198307Members, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer
Hello everyone! I am a level designer for Subnautica!
I have been silent for awhile but I shall not be silent anymore. I wasn't silent for any particular reasons, other than just being super busy in general. I have been a gamer for a long time and I always thought it was sad when devs are always too busy to answer questions or even have a presence on the forums or in the community in general. I realize this isn't a problem here to begin with, this is a very open community! Regardless here i am anyway haha! Hey everyone! I hope you are enjoying the game!

As always questions and feedback are welcome!

Comments

• SquiddapultSquiddapult Canada Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199111Members
    Hello! Thank you for coming out of your expertly-designed cave to appease us early-testers. I have a question! Are you the kind of person who enjoys going into every nook and cranny in games to look for secrets and hidden areas? Nothing to me is more exciting than crawling through some small hole or tunnel that looked like it was nothing, only to be greeted with a big room or treasure (or fish eggs?)
  • JacapigJacapig Join Date: 2014-10-31 Member: 199223Members
    Someone call an ambulance, I don't think my poor, weak heart can handle so many awesome developers.
  • Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Hey castle! Love the subnautica map making videos!
  • CastleCastle New York Join Date: 2014-09-08 Member: 198307Members, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer
    Hello! Thank you for coming out of your expertly-designed cave to appease us early-testers. I have a question! Are you the kind of person who enjoys going into every nook and cranny in games to look for secrets and hidden areas? Nothing to me is more exciting than crawling through some small hole or tunnel that looked like it was nothing, only to be greeted with a big room or treasure (or fish eggs?)

Absolutely, I looooove finding cool stuff like that. Especially if its done in such a way where its totally surprising. "Holy crap there is a whole unexplored area through this tiny hole!?"
  • trisdinotrisdino Denmark Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159590Members
    Hey, thank you for coming, it is always nice to have developer interaction, especially with roles as key as the level designer.

• FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    One thing I shall note is that Castle made the loot a) actually work b) be all over the world (instead of super sparse and random) and c) created tons of amazing beautiful underwater areas.