UWE Secret Project

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Hint: it is NOT NS3.

Awww man :(
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Squeal_Like_A_Pig‌

Thank you! Expectations have been set!
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    From that 1 twitter comment by Hugh regarding how many people are working on which projects at UWE I certainly wouldn't use the term "hype". As far as I can see, there isn't any hype going on with the "secret project", at least not from our end of things.

Yes, there is another project in addition to Subnautica that a small team at UWE are working on, that is using a new version of the Spark engine. Hint: it is NOT NS3. It is still in the very early stages, but is progressing nicely. Not sure when there will be something ready to discuss and show, but I imagine there might be some details made public before the end of the year. I certainly can't speak to who will be excited and who will be "gravely disappointed", I just know that any project we work on at UWE we put our all into, and try to make something we personally find interesting and fun to play.

I believe you just launched the thread message count to a stratospheric altitude.

@BeigeAlert‌ : LOL... even Lawl.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Oh god, please don't have this become a over-hype piece. I would either prefer to have my expectations set or not be told at all.

It's not that I don't like surprises as I'm eager just as all of you to see what this Secret Project is. But, given past experiences, I'm more afraid about being gravely disappointing or finding this project unrelatable. Unless we can get credible information that it's worth the hype.
    From that 1 twitter comment by Hugh regarding how many people are working on which projects at UWE I certainly wouldn't use the term "hype". As far as I can see, there isn't any hype going on with the "secret project", at least not from our end of things.

Yes, there is another project in addition to Subnautica that a small team at UWE are working on, that is using a new version of the Spark engine. Hint: it is NOT NS3. It is still in the very early stages, but is progressing nicely. Not sure when there will be something ready to discuss and show, but I imagine there might be some details made public before the end of the year. I certainly can't speak to who will be excited and who will be "gravely disappointed", I just know that any project we work on at UWE we put our all into, and try to make something we personally find interesting and fun to play.

NS2 HD Redux confirmed
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Oh god, please don't have this become a over-hype piece. I would either prefer to have my expectations set or not be told at all.

It's not that I don't like surprises as I'm eager just as all of you to see what this Secret Project is. But, given past experiences, I'm more afraid about being gravely disappointing or finding this project unrelatable. Unless we can get credible information that it's worth the hype.

Is it at least something sci-fi in the way NS2 was? I'm under NDA! YOU CAN TELL ME!!!! :D:D:D
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    You guys will be forever in the dark. Its fate.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    A DayZ clone? They seem popular :-?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I wonder what you can do with Spark that isn't NS. And I wonder what genre it will be.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2014
    I wonder what you can do with Spark that isn't NS. And I wonder what genre it will be.

Charlie doesn't want to do violent games anymore. I remember he said that in a video somewhere. That limits it somewhat.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2014
    Grave digging is about the least violent, most relaxing thing you can do in the world and I can't wait for UWE's next spark project, Grave Digging Simulator 2014, to be released on steam.
    Mmmmm dirt physics... So realistic... So earthy...
    Insane wrote: »
    Anyway, we're playing this one pretty close to the chest for the time being. I REALLY can't wait to let you guys in and see what we're up to, but we're not quite there yet.

That feeling is mutual ;)

Good luck until then!
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Dev Blogs! Let us see how it grows as soon as it allows.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Question, who's the project leader on... "secret project alpha"?
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Let's send them a ham. Project leaders love ham.
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    Only thing i can really think of is that all the donations for pizza money Charlie has gotten from us they are now doing something like this:
    mzl.nlxpfxhb.480x480-75.jpg
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Will GDS14 have an option to choose between spade shovels, square shovels, or a bobcat?

Cory pls
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Are there underwater Gorge bones on Subnautica? :-$
    edited September 2014
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    Are there underwater Gorge bones on Subnautica? :-$

Most important question regarding SN to me. Or rather gorges themselves in some fishy incarnation
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I could see gorge sea turtles or if there is any land at all, maybe a pre kharra infested gorge that is hippopotamus like.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I have to say, it's pretty fascinating to see what you guys start speculating about in an almost complete absence of information. :)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited September 2014
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Question, who's the project leader on... "secret project alpha"?

We are a hive mind.
    ..so we have to send all of you ham?
    Pooh. D:
    Insane wrote: »
    I have to say, it's pretty fascinating to see what you guys start speculating about in an almost complete absence of information. :)

Absense of information?! EVIDENCE FOR OUR THOUGHTS ARE EVERYWHERE
    LIKE... THE WALLPAPER.

edited September 2014
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    HL3 confirmed, now with gorge riding!
    Can't be, there isn't a crowbar in sight.