Build 269 Live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

13»

Comments

• RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    james888 wrote: »
    RapGod wrote: »
    I wish more servers had captain nights... the ones that do... meh.

All but one... in my opinion. It does not have any k's or d's in its name.

Some of those 'k's' though :p
  • MagafagoMagafago Brasil Join Date: 2014-09-11 Member: 198343Members
    edited September 2014
    I from Brazil, i live in São Paulo city, i love this game and now the connection is MUCH BETTER! before my ping was about 200-240 now is 160-200 in the same server! keep up the good work guys! THANKS! :)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited September 2014
    Ping?
    Sure the server wasn't moved?
  • MagafagoMagafago Brasil Join Date: 2014-09-11 Member: 198343Members
    edited September 2014
    is true, i never saw any american server under 190 ping in main menu, now i have better ping in many servers. i play in IBISgaming server and others but i dont remember now the names...
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    first time playing in 3 months. Ran great.

Still think the early game has such large repercussions. Seems like once that snowball starts rolling it gets harder to stop instead of harder to keep going.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Figured I'd pop in and leave my 2 cents just for the hell of it.

I haven't had any crashes since this latest build... so hooray to the CDT for that!

Still really not liking how early Marine tech is available though. Seeing WAY too many games now where Marines have A1/W1 with Shotguns before Aliens even get the 2nd biomass. The proto lab is probably the worst of it though, so cheap it's not even worth targeting anymore. The other day I played a game where the Proto was taken out 3 times and it took them no time at all to recover from it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we have a CDT and I really appreciate the work they do... I just worry because it seems like they favor the Marine side over Alien, and are subconsciously tailoring the game for their own skill level. (which tbh is likely to be a lot closer to comp level than pub level)

• SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    The proto lab is probably the worst of it though, so cheap it's not even worth targeting anymore. The other day I played a game where the Proto was taken out 3 times and it took them no time at all to recover from it.

What? Its the most expensive marine structure? Not only that, but maybe the reason they redropped the proto 3 times was not because of how expensive the proto is but because of how much res the marines might have had?
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    You know what makes me sad? 50% of my lmg-melee kills are displayed as normal lmg kills :P
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    I feel your pain, but we know it in our hearts when it was a bash kill! In our hearts!!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    The proto lab is probably the worst of it though, so cheap it's not even worth targeting anymore.

I just checked and it's still 40 res - as it has always been. Wth are you talking about?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts

I haven't had any crashes since this latest build... so hooray to the CDT for that!

Awesome! :) We're trying our best to get as many crashes fixed by asking for crash dumps from people.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we have a CDT and I really appreciate the work they do... I just worry because it seems like they favor the Marine side over Alien, and are subconsciously tailoring the game for their own skill level. (which tbh is likely to be a lot closer to comp level than pub level)

We're focusing on marine tech because game balance for a long time has been alien favored, and not in a small amount. With the last few patches we've tried to help that, and the balance numbers have shown a small but significant slide towards more equality overall.

Most of the CDT and PT Teams are pub players, with a sprinkling of Comp players. Balance has to be approved by Wasabi and myself only, and we dont play comp at all. Just FYI.
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    When you say pub players do you mean just random servers or scrims? There's a huge difference there not just "comp" which I think is being lost in translation.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    The vast majority of CDT members and playtesters are not on any competitive teams or in any way related to the NSL and play only pubs (unorganized, straight from the server browser) like most people who launch this game.
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
  • typodaemontypodaemon Join Date: 2013-07-04 Member: 185922Members
    I haven't popped in to play since 267 (which, honestly, wasn't that long ago). There was some talk about an option to disable some animations in the hopes of improving late game frame rates for low end machines. Has that been tested/explored at all?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • SaltlickSaltlick Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ...and since being extremely annoying isn't really a kick worthy offense...

That is debatable, but your suggestion is valid.

• ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    How do you make it so that you do not need to keep reentering res_workers into console every time you start the game. It is really annoying to need to manually fix the game every time you start it to dramatically decrease your load times. The difference of having that option turned up is night and day.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members