NS2 can't download

PokoTrollPokoTroll Brazil Join Date: 2014-09-12 Member: 198413Members
I cannot download the game, already got 3.9 gb of it but when i click to download it downloads for 5 secs and then it stops whitout saying anything. And when i hit Play in the steam library it updates but after 5 seconds it says it cant be downloaded because the download is corrupted(in portuguese). Please help me!!!
help.png 150.5K

Comments

• ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    try to change download server , see if its help
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    ZeroEarTh wrote: »
    try to change download server , see if its help

To do so click at Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Download Region ;)
  • PokoTrollPokoTroll Brazil Join Date: 2014-09-12 Member: 198413Members
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Did you try to delete all local storage and redownload?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014
    With Steam issues, you might need to open a support ticket with Steam, as it's their delivery system that is sending you the game.
    already tried to delete all local files and redownload with another region, but it doesn't seem to work.
    PokoTroll wrote: »
    already tried to delete all local files and redownload with another region, but it doesn't seem to work.

This worked for me, on a PC of my cousin ( L4d2 have this issue too , not NS2 alone :D)

1. Go to your steam folder
    2. Delete every file inside except for the Steam.exe and the steamapps folder (which contains all your games)
    3. Restart your computer
    4. Open steam through the Steam.exe and update
    PokoTroll wrote: »

This worked for me, on a PC of my cousin ( L4d2 have this issue too , not NS2 alone :D)

1. Go to your steam folder
    2. Delete every file inside except for the Steam.exe and the steamapps folder (which contains all your games)
    3. Restart your computer
    4. Open steam through the Steam.exe and update

didn't worked =(
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I've heard the steam service is pretty dodgey in the middle/south america region. It's probably that.
    have you tried Right click on NS2 Steam >> Properties >> Local Files tab >> Veryfile your game see if its help
    have you tried Right click on NS2 Steam >> Properties >> Local Files tab >> Veryfile your game see if its help

The game files already downloaded are there.