NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mendasp getting all the 'Awesomes' remi.D deserves xD
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    From a minimap names mod to optimizing NS2s network traffic.

Looking forward to see what you can do next...
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Jekt wrote: »
    From a minimap names mod to optimizing NS2s network traffic.

Looking forward to see what you can do next...
    Would you like a cross-mod compatible utility function library? ;)
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/134944/elixer-cross-mod-compatible-utility-function-library-for-modders
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited June 2014
    - Added variable hitsounds for the Railgun depending on the damage done.
    - Removed the outline in the killfeed from first person spectator.
    - Fixed hitsounds for people using the High pitch modifier.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited June 2014
    @Mendasp‌ Since last update an hour ago it's no longer possible to get to the ready room. Not by F4 or console commands. It's also causing crashes. On round end everyone stays on the map.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Latest update seems to correct the problem. Thanks for the quick fix!
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    SupaFred wrote: »
    Latest update seems to correct the problem. Thanks for the quick fix!
    My bad, and my pleasure. :)
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    - Revamped stats system.
    - Fixed vanilla bug where Shotguns and Exo Miniguns didn't shoot through soft targets.
    I knew it was too strange for everything to be working so well so fast, so it seems my brain just decided to forget to track the Shotgun!

- Fixed shotgun not being tracked by stats (whoops!).
    - Fixed nan% when only hitting an Onos in an entire game (when does this ever happen?).
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    Are you single, Mendasp?
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Fixed nan% when only hitting an Onos in an entire game (when does this ever happen?).

That happened to me when I joined just before marines lost, and spawned into about 3 onos in marine start.
    I wouldn't call it a big deal, though - it's not exactly providing useful information in this niche case!
    - Fixed Spikes being tracked as part of Bite/Umbra/Spores.
    - The kill feed now scales with resolution.
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    while you're scaling things with resolution, some dude mentioned the sort of biomass timeline thing in the upper left on aliens overlaps his evolve menu at the resolution he plays at.

also, somebody else mentioned wanting evolutions to be bindable. so you could bind carapace to a key, regen to another key, and use those to switch between them as a skulk.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    kmg wrote: »
    also, somebody else mentioned wanting evolutions to be bindable. so you could bind carapace to a key, regen to another key, and use those to switch between them as a skulk.

This, but I'd like to add the possibility to bind up to 3 traits on the same key if that's possible. I really wish we could bind multiple commands to one key in general in fact :(
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    kmg wrote: »

This, but I'd like to add the possibility to bind up to 3 traits on the same key if that's possible. I really wish we could bind multiple commands to one key in general in fact :(
    Buy Menu Hotkeys by X-Illuminati
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=178532446&searchtext=buy+menu

@remi.D You'd have to press 4 keys including "B" though. With some tweaking I guess I could find that mod useful tho.
    - Added red outline for the CompMod v3 HMG.
    - Yet another adjustment to the kill feed size.
    - Stats now get reset for players swapping teams mid-game.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Did you break infestation with nsstats?
    This just popped up after update. (infestations yellow lines)

http://imgur.com/YlSOCSC
    Did you break infestation with nsstats?
    This just popped up after update. (infestations yellow lines)

http://imgur.com/YlSOCSC
    Don't worry about it. It's just infestation mold. It's harmless.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Not worried about harmful.. Its freaking distracting. :p
    - Changed IP and Armory hitboxes so the arms don't block bullets.
    - Fixed bug where the full shot hitsound was playing the medium one.
    - Shotgun lights now show number of shells loaded. (Thanks remi.D!)
    - Gestating teammates will show what type of egg they are. (Thanks remi.D!)
    - Phase Gates and Gorge Tunnels will display their destination without aiming at them. This is disabled for Minimal Nameplates. (Thanks remi.D!)
    - Gorge tunnels will show who dropped it if you look at it. This is disabled for Minimal Nameplates. (Thanks remi.D!)
    - Added kill feed size option. Available in the HUD tab.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited June 2014
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Shotgun lights now show number of shells loaded. (Thanks remi.D!)
    - Gestating teammates will show what type of egg they are. (Thanks remi.D!)
    - Phase Gates and Gorge Tunnels will display their destination without aiming at them. This is disabled for Minimal Nameplates. (Thanks remi.D!)
    - Gorge tunnels will show who dropped it if you look at it. This is disabled for Minimal Nameplates. (Thanks remi.D!)
    - Added kill feed size option. Available in the HUD tab.

Great changes, been wanting something for the gorge tunnels for some time like this. Is it possible to increase the range of the label showing up, since it seems fairly small right now. Would also love having the gorge tunnel destination text be a green color so you can quickly find the correct tunnel in a crowded hive, and the standard colored text is hard to differentiate with all the other text in the hive.

This isn't a big issue with the marine PG.
  • moechofemoechofe France Join Date: 2014-03-05 Member: 194533Members
    Hi,

I have installed ns2+ on my personal server (dedicated with Debian) but It seems to be inactive. I also have Shine Administration.
    Here's my config:
    "mods": [ "812f004", "706d242" ]

What shoud I do to enable it?

Thanks
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2014
    moechofe wrote: »
    Hi,

I have installed ns2+ on my personal server (dedicated with Debian) but It seems to be inactive. I also have Shine Administration.
    Here's my config:

Thanks

You did a mapchange after the server loaded up? Mapcycle mods are not mounted with the server startup.
    edited June 2014
    moechofe wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

If you want the mods to be enabled on startup you have to add
    -mods "812f004 706d242"
    as an argument when you start the server executable.

Edit: I don't know much about Linux though.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    wow such updates mendasp, very nice.