Factions

SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
edited March 2014 in Modding
Mapping Guide Lines
Download Game Client

This is a change log thread for factions mod, see mod decription here

Trailer by ItsSuperEffective:

25-03-2014

- added new engineer drone (ground based, hit scan, uses ARC model)

22-03-2014

- new user interface
- added fall damage
- various bug fixes

15-03-2014

- NEW added procedural view model animations
- NEW added horizontal thrust to all classes (dive roll) for dodging moves, can also be used to easier engage/escape melee attack
- NEW added wall jump to all classes
- fixed engineer drones and structures not getting removed when player leaves the team
- improved melee hit reg and range
- homing missiles now lose track after a while or when target is cloaked
- removed armor implants

09-03-2014

alpha release for "factions 2.0"

- the assets will no longer be downloaded from steam workshop (its just too unreliable at the moment), instead you can download a launcher application and the assets from www.factions.at
- when starting factions, all players will initially connect to a "global ready room"
- people can test there the classes and weapon setups, and queue for "missions"
- once enough players are queued for a mission, they will be connected to a new server where they can play against each other (4vs4), match making will probably come later as well

12-11-2013

-NEW added new sniper rifle (Hawk) for the recon class which has a lower fire rate, higher energy cost but also higher burst damage
-NEW added new map (f_psd_desertstorm)
- slightly lowered Eagles energy cost and damage, but players hit by the eagle will now receive a debuff which reduces healing by 50%

07-11-2013

-NEW added paingun for medic (red beam which increases damage taken on enemy by 50% and slows them down)
-NEW added Heatwrack (in between of rockwind and assault rifle), thanks Evil_Ice for the model!
-NEW added SMG (higher spread, lower dmg and energy consumption than MP), thanks Evil_Ice for the model!
-NEW added scores, awarded when healing or dealing damage next to a point or when capturing a point
-NEW added new game mode "contest"
-NEW added new map featuring contest game mode (f_cst_heatwave modId: b7ea887)
- fixed players not being able to debuff themselve (rockets, grenades, etc)
- melee stim gives now extra melee damage when skilled
- reduced number of implants to 3 (but twice as effective)
- pwoer station grants now additional max energy when skilled
- poison wave grants now additional max health when skilled
- immortal shield grants now in addition to health explosive and range protection when skilled
- range shield grants now in addition to health range protection when skilled
- explosive shield grants now in addition to health explosive protection when skilled
- reduced minigun damage by 40% (skill points have now more impact)
- reduced missile turret target lock time to 1 second, reduced damage by 30%
- fixed mechanical damage not working properly (hammer, minigun, shock grenade)

30-10-2013

initial release

Comments

• 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Finally has a proper thread. Well done Sewlek
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    And if you thought B250 was changing a lot. Check out this sneak peek of B260!
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    edited March 2014
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Jekt wrote: »
    And if you thought B250 was changing a lot. Check out this sneak peek of B260!

This was the Balance Mod no?

• holty007holty007 Join Date: 2013-08-17 Member: 186917Members
    really wanted this one my server but kept failing todownload :-(
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    12-11-2013

-NEW added new sniper rifle (Hawk) for the recon class which has a lower fire rate, higher energy cost but also higher burst damage
    -NEW added new map (f_psd_desertstorm)
    - slightly lowered Eagles energy cost and damage, but players hit by the eagle will now receive a debuff which reduces healing by 50%
    edited March 2014
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Second assets mod wont download on the australian modbox server or the other one that i moderate. (aus ns2 server)
    any chance of a fix?
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Anywhere I can directly download the mods?

I keep getting this error when trying to download part 2: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/124547/error-downloading-mods/p2

I managed to get the others after constantly stopping and starting the server, however 2 just isn't playing nice :(
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Actually nevermind. 15th server restart worked a charm :D
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Kalopsia wrote: »
    Anywhere I can directly download the mods?

I keep getting this error when trying to download part 2: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/124547/error-downloading-mods/p2

I managed to get the others after constantly stopping and starting the server, however 2 just isn't playing nice :(

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=190497930

Click on the "+"s and steam will start to download the stuff for you ;)
    Actually just noticed that players can't actually download part 2 :(
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Kalopsia wrote: »
    Actually just noticed that players can't actually download part 2 :(
    --->
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    Second assets mod wont download on the australian modbox server or the other one that i moderate. (aus ns2 server)
    any chance of a fix?

So yeah we know that but only @Sewlek can fix it ;)
    damn those racist workshop mods hating on us aussies :(
    I did manage to Factions running and noticed one bug so far.

On the tram map, the thing you are meant to guard is missing its model and I can't see anything. Also as assault the guns seems to be missing.

When I was the sniper I could view it's weapons fine.

I did have to ignore everything in my ConsistencyConfig, so maybe that could have something to do with it.
  • jstoiajstoia Join Date: 2009-12-15 Member: 69667Members

i AM GOING TO TRY AND MAKE A MAP FOR THIS MOD.
    republished assets two, hope that works
    working on a new update. not sure when its going to be ready and what it includes, so just teasing
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I really want to play this, but can't ever find a working server with people in it! Hell, I remember one time just sitting alone on a factions server for about an hour and a half waiting for people to join... none did :(( Is there a best time to join these games???
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    If think we should start a modJAM schedule. Every last Saturday of the month 17CET. Just in idea? Maybe a new topic for it? ppl could host a modjam on there own servers and give info on the forum so ppl would know to gather up...
    new factions is online for testing currently, the biggest changes:

- the assets will no longer be downloaded from steam workshop (its just too unreliable at the moment), instead you can download a launcher application and the assets from www.factions.at
    - when starting factions, all players will initially connect to a "global ready room"
    - people can test there the classes and weapon setups, and queue for "missions"
    - once enough players are queued for a mission, they will be connected to a new server where they can play against each other (4vs4), match making will probably come later as well

note that this version is not really tested atm, there are probably horrible bugs!
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Need to figure out when the peak hour is for this, and join then. Just tried it a second ago, no players. :(
    well, considering the mod is atm being worked on, there are no peak hours currently :)
    we had a test on sunday and the new server structure seemed to work (more or less bug free!), and i decided to keep the servers online for the next days
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I tried to join but got file differing from the server errors, and then stuck in a loop of it continually trying to reconnect to the server :S
    the launcher application will now automatically update missing or changed files. So you need in future only download the main executeables and wont have to worry anymore about files not matching or missing, should make it less painful in future when the mod gets updated!
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    It must suck to have worked on a decent mod like this and have it hardly played, i think i only managed to get one game a few months ago.

Im not sure who's to blame more, uwe for their poor mod support or the community for not really bothering, either way it's such a shame to see how ns2 has gone.
    uh, its not so dramatic really. the mod was broken for a while (partially because of steam work shop being so damn unreliable) and is atm again "under construction", which means its in a buggy state again. but we played some games last weekend and I want to make another test this weekend as well
    edited March 2014
    update 15-03-2014

- added procedural view model animations
    - fixed engineer drones and structures not getting removed when player leaves the team
    - improved melee hit reg and range
    - homing missiles now lose track after a while or when target is cloaked
    - added horizontal thrust to all classes (dive roll) for dodging moves, can also be used to easier engage/escape melee attack
    - added wall jump to all classes
    - removed armor implants