NS2WC Was Great!

2»

Comments

• RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2014
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Thanks for the kind post, @ezekel
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Furs wrote: »
    Was a awesome show, really enjoyed it!

Didn't know if their would be a big file released, so compiled it into 1 big file with chapters (for my own) but figured others might find it use full.. soo well here is the link to it :)

You can grep a copy from http://f0rc3.net/dump/NS2/NS2_-_World_Championship_Finals_2014.mkv
    NOTE: its 6.3 GB :)
    File size                                : 6.36 GiB
    Duration                                 : 7h 26mn
    Overall bit rate                         : 2 039 Kbps

@Furs, thanks. The twitch past casts keeps stopping every few minutes for me and I can't watch it in one go (watching the first part (2hrs) took 4 hrs because every 2 minutes, it would stop and restart 2 minutes later). It would be a huge help to be able to dl and watch it at once.
    Really nice show btw. Love it so far. I can't wait to the part where Blind gives the quote of the WC to Virsoul
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've uploaded some of the video stuff I helped produce to the public.

Enjoy,
    ISE

I haven't watch the whole thing and didn't realise you made all the short clips. Very nicely done ISE. It was cut really well, and very tense when it needs to be for the action clips. Thumbs up.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Hugh wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind post, @ezekel

No thank you @Hugh, for that stylish outfit, sexy accent, and stunning performance

I also was not drunk at the time of this post
    :-c
    @ezekel, its the orange belt mate. That orange belt just drew my eye.
  • DuckvilleDuckville Australia Join Date: 2014-01-22 Member: 193405Members
    It was @Hugh's power stance that made the show I reckon.

As someone pretty new to the game and community I was really impressed, fantastic work on all sides of the effort, production, hosts, players, games, commentators... it was all really awesome to see!
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    dat finals game 1...one of the best games of comp i've ever seen
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2014
    Congratulations to Snails for winning, and to eagleye for winning his fourth (!) live event in a row, and kudos to the organizers and casters for executing the live event without any major hitches. All in all the stream was a significant improvement over previous live events in Cologne, and impressively close in quality to larger scale events in premier esports games.

There were a lot of interesting moments throughout, but I was particularly intrigued by something that happened near the end of the first round between Snails and Titus in the finals. Those of you who watched the previous events may remember that Archaea (masterminded by Scrajm) used a gorge tunnel to sneak a full alien team, including an onos, into Nexzil's (AKA Titus) base to win the first round of the 2013 NSL Invitational finals in Cologne. In the first round of this event's finals, Snails tried the exact same tactic, on the same map (tram) against the same marine tech point (shipping), albeit placing the tunnel in Logistics instead of Observation. I have to assume that ray or eagleye remembered how effective it was from their time in Archaea, and decided to try doing it again after the game had turned in Titus' favor. This time, however, Nexzil/Titus was ready for it. Virsoul scanned Logistics at just the right time to reveal what the Snails were up to, and Titus managed to pull the marines back to base just in time to prevent history from repeating itself and later win the round. Very impressive and it shows that Virsoul and Titus are very capable of learning from their mistakes and have improved their play as a result.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    edited February 2014
    Well done all involved in this competition. Only issue...... no fucking australians to ruin the prize pool, Not that it really mattered. I think everyone involved would've played for a pair of old wasabi socks.
  • herakl3sherakl3s Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75852Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey Fana! :)
    At first we thought the tunnels expansion hitting the rt triggered the scan.
    But nope Golden told us the real story: the lerk in Platform was spiking him then retreaded to server to take the tunnel. The thing is on the map your enemy stays in sight for 2 more seconds and golden spotted him flying through the map even though himself he was still in platform :>
    ggs anyway
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2014
    fanatic wrote: »
    There were a lot of interesting moments throughout, but I was particularly intrigued by something that happened near the end of the first round between Snails and Titus in the finals. Those of you who watched the previous events may remember that Archaea (masterminded by Scrajm) used a gorge tunnel to sneak a full alien team, including an onos, into Nexzil's (AKA Titus) base to win the first round of the 2013 NSL Invitational finals in Cologne. In the first round of this event's finals, Snails tried the exact same tactic, on the same map (tram) against the same marine tech point (shipping), albeit placing the tunnel in Logistics instead of Observation. I have to assume that ray or eagleye remembered how effective it was from their time in Archaea, and decided to try doing it again after the game had turned in Titus' favor. This time, however, Nexzil/Titus was ready for it. Virsoul scanned Logistics at just the right time to reveal what the Snails were up to, and Titus managed to pull the marines back to base just in time to prevent history from repeating itself and later win the round. Very impressive and it shows that Virsoul and Titus are very capable of learning from their mistakes and have improved their play as a result.

Credit to scouting that tunnel goes to Golden, not Virsoul. We would have been in trouble if he didn't catch that when he did.

=]

Edit: didnt read herakles post. gg
    That round was crazy. I hate your umbra lerk Ray. Sneaky SOB :P
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2014
    edit: nvm. yeah the time in that game that all that happened was entertaining for sure.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    herakl3s wrote: »
    Hey Fana! :)
    At first we thought the tunnels expansion hitting the rt triggered the scan.
    But nope Golden told us the real story: the lerk in Platform was spiking him then retreaded to server to take the tunnel. The thing is on the map your enemy stays in sight for 2 more seconds and golden spotted him flying through the map even though himself he was still in platform :>
    ggs anyway
    Haha, oh well. :D

What I said still stands, though. Taking three rounds off of you in the final is very impressive and quite a difference from what happened last time.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    One by one, each piece of the Championship is going up on the Unknown Worlds channel:

Each episode is encoded from the original broadcast copy, provided by ESLTV, so this YouTube playlist will be of significantly higher quality that Twitch stream rips. Sorry it is taking so long, we've had some issues with the VOD and had to design a very peculiar workflow to get it to YouTube.

You can also find a photo album from the event here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152004281528105.1073741827.87948998104&type=1
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    @Hugh any place we could download all the photos in one batch by chance?