NS2WC - World Championship finals in Colgone - When / Who / What else?

GoE_NiGoE_Ni Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
Hello fellow Aliens & Marines,

This weekend we will finaly get to see the world championship finals for Natural Selection 2.
I'm very lucky to be able to attend the live finals and enjoy the games in the studio.

There are still some questions for visitors like me. Could one of you NS2WC admins have a look.

Questions:

When exactly does the final start? By when can the live audiance enter the studio?
There are different times indicated. The latest post on Facebook you mentioned a 17:00 CET+1 (local time) start. The NS2WC page shows 14:00 (2pm) UTC. The google+ page says 17:00 CET+1.

Who will go to the finals?
Besides the 4 Teams, UWE (Flayra, Hugh...) and the NS2WC Team (WasabiOne / RedDog / Blind), who else is going to attend the event in Köln? Do other teams like RadicaL attend?
Would be great if you could reply to this post by saying who you are, why you go and where you come from.

What elese is there to do?
What facilites are available in or near the studio? Any place to go have a quick snack? Will there be any merchandise to buy (I'm looking at you plush gorge)? Will we all go eat "escargots à la bourguignonne" together after the finals?

As long time fan of Natural Selection (original & 2) I'm looking forward to see the people who created this game in person.
I still remember the thank you email with the UWE Team holind up dollars bils to thank me for my donation for NS2. :-)

See you in "Köln"

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    GoE_Ni wrote: »
    When exactly does the final start? By when can the live audiance enter the studio?
    There are different times indicated. The latest post on Facebook you mentioned a 17:00 CET+1 (local time) start. The NS2WC page shows 14:00 (2pm) UTC. The google+ page says 17:00 CET+1.

My ticket says it starts at 1:00 PM CET; that equals 13:00 local time.

I'm interested about the merchandise, too. I want to buy a t-shirt.
    GoE_Ni wrote: »
    See you in Köln

fixed that for you ;)
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'll be there, representing the Spark Crafter Collective and Charlie's Unicorns. :D
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I'll be there, representing the Spark Crafter Collective and Charlie's Unicorns. :D

[CU] REPRESENT! Also is Loki not coming? D:

I shall be there also!
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'll be there with girlfriend and 2 friends!
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'll be there! As one of the guys playing on stage :) go titus go!
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Zinkey wrote: »
    [CU] REPRESENT! Also is Loki not coming? D:
    Don't you worry your pretty little head, Loki will also be there. \o/

• BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited February 2014
    HBZ will be there (excluding the cool members, which is me).
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    aye I will be there SCC / [CU] !
    Would be nice to know times though ticket says 1pm to 11:30pm CET that is one long day !! but looking forward to it
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I'll be attending with Flaterecomy and loki... Preaching the good word of custom maps and skulks with shotguns!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I look forward to see @Mendasp walk around with a stereo on his shoulder playing soundboard clips. This better happen sir.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Flat, Howser and Loki - I need some clue on how to recognise you. I want to say hi at least :D
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    May I recommend NameTags?
    edited February 2014
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    May I recommend NameTags?

I will put a post-it on my forehead.

edit: Now, should I put Vetinari or F0rdPrefect...?
    Flat, Howser and Loki - I need some clue on how to recognise you. I want to say hi at least :D
    I'll be the guy with the bright blue crutches.
  • Ren26Ren26 Join Date: 2013-06-30 Member: 185811Members
  • TheKarvaTheKarva Join Date: 2011-06-13 Member: 104251Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    Attention for everyone who wants to join us at the after party!

We secured a nice chill-out place to drink, eat and talk as much as we want after the show. It usually closes at 12pm which means the owner keeps it open just for us NS2 nerds. Also, the kitchen will be opened for us, there is gonna be some food to order :)

But you need to sign up at ESL studio before the event starts to be able to get in!! We will tell everyone the procedure also when you arrive at the studio. Basically, for making this possible the owner calculated a minimum turnover he expects to pay up his personal cost for this which I paid in advance. To have a reliable number of attendeés at 17:00 CET to tell him we sell coupons for 15,- EUR each person at entrance before the event starts and you get the money back at the café.

Location: a literature café named "Goldmund" in Glasstr. 2, Köln
    Description: chill-out café / restaurant where you can also read and buy books (crazy colognish ppl)
    Space: up to 110 people

How to get there?
    Travel time is 13 minutes by car and there are some subway lines, which is a bit tricky. Because of that I checked with the taxi company and they will send plenty of them (another reason why we need an exact number) when the event finishes. Expect around 5-6 EUR for a trip to pay.

Sorry this info comes a bit late, but we didn't get confirmation really early and RedDog/Wasabi weren't able to update the NS2WC website since they had to pack for flight already besides doing other preparations for this baby.

• VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    I'm bringing heart, soul and brain of onFire, so basically me. I'm also bringing our commander Smaragor and couple of our friends.

I am looking forward to meet everyone, talk maps, strats, and all sorts of NS2 drama.

As for the afterparty, @blind, we will be there first in the line to buy the "coupons", no beer shall be wasted.
    Unfortunately I can't stay after the event :\
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I'm looking forward to checking my ability to speak english while drunk.
  • GoE_NiGoE_Ni Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Big thanks @blind !
    Looks cosy!

map:
    http://goo.gl/maps/eiZkw

Nice food, althoug no "escargots", but they do have "ratatouille" :-)

menu:
    http://www.goldmundkoeln.de/Speisekarte.doc

Seriously, looking forward to the event and the after show party.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Ok more info for you guys, direct from @Hugh

"Spectators may start arriving at 3pm, for a 4.30 cut off time for show start at 5"

So, people, please start arriving around 3PM German time. You may not be able to get in before that time! Also dont arrive after 4:30PM as you might not be able to get in!

Thanks all - see you there!
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the info. But the tickets say 1pm. Some people might be confused, official twitter and uwe blog post could do wonders. There is still time I guess.

EDIT: Now I've seen the discussion under the main post :D
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    1pm arrival time? More time to get pumped for the event while you stand out front of the studio. Yeah!
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    All I say is. *GO THE WINNERS* (note to self: edit later).
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh ma gerd its 830am in frankfurt and im all alone at the airport where is the rest of titus gaming!?!? The guy passed out beside me isnt very entertaining. !!
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Well we're coming soon, Syknik! We just started our descent!
    Obraxis wrote: »
    "Spectators may start arriving at 3pm, for a 4.30 cut off time for show start at 5"

I think this information came a bit late...
  • psicopsico Join Date: 2012-03-23 Member: 149266Members
    Like last year RadicaL and Friends will be there. I think we are a group around 40 people. Wee will be there from tonight drink a lot and hope that we go as a group and arrive saturday @ 15 to see all of you guys. It will be amazing for sure so bei prepared :D
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    psico wrote: »
    RadicaL and Friends will be there. I think we are a group around 40 people.

No hard feelings towards Titus i trust?
    ANgryMob1.jpg?a=54