NS2WC 90%+ Funded! - Natural Selection 2

13»

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Well since my celebration thread was cut short, I guess I will stoop to post here in the 90%-funded thread.

Really happy we finally made it to the goal. A large scale LAN event like this will be huge! (especially with the coverage we will have) Lets keep spreading the NS2 e-sports love. :D Big thanks to Wasabi and Zefram for all the hard work they put into this.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Hmh. Is it too late to donate?
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited November 2013
    AFAIK, @WasabiOne said you can still donate for a few weeks. Not 100% sure on the cutoff.

Wasabi wrote:
    please remember anyone that wants to continue to make contributions those fund will go directly towards the prize pool for the finals!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    And this is why I'll be buying Intel and Nvidia products for years to come.

Great job everyone! XD
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    donations will be accepted until a few weeks before the finals.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Our team is meeting this week to go over more details about the upcoming tournament and live event. We are giving 1-2 weeks to verify that the majority of funding has been secured through WePay before issuing any of the rewards, your pledge will be matched with a successful charge and then you will be notified on how to redeem your items. Thank you for all the kind words and support, our team is really just in complete awe at the moment and the donations continue to flow in. Donations will continue to be accepted until closer to the final so that the prize pool has a chance to increase. And for those of you out there worried about the event, we are taking a lot of time to plan as much content and detail as to what to do and what not to do at the event. Our goal is and has always been to make this the best event period for NS2, for the community!
  • JudgEJudgE Join Date: 2010-09-18 Member: 74079Members
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Congrats to Wasabi & co.! I didn't think we could reach the goal but it happened! Holy crap. Great job!

@Mendasp *Holy Cow
    ok so slight change of plans :P in an effort to make sure the people that did contribute within the time frame of the campaign we will be ending the gofundme page at 22PDT tonight. As we approach the tournament we will work to setup an additional system in which people can contribute directly to the cash prize pool if they want to. Thank you!
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited November 2013
    Gotta admit, I was against this from the start. And I was highly skeptical about raising that amount of money.

That being said, I'm sure I'll watch the matches. And I didn't have to spend any money :P But I did do the preorder for the black armor (wasn't really for that, it was for the love of NS1).

Good job at the fundraising. Hopefully, this will affect NS2 (positively) world-wide and bring in new players. Just remember, everyone, be kind to the noobs and teach them. The more we rage at them only makes people quit. MUST RETAIN NOOB PLAYERS!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    RapGod wrote: »
    Gotta admit, I was against this from the start. And I was highly skeptical about raising that amount of money.

That being said, I'm sure I'll watch the matches. And I didn't have to spend any money :P But I did do the preorder for the black armor (wasn't really for that, it was for the love of NS1).

Good job at the fundraising. Hopefully, this will affect NS2 (positively) world-wide and bring in new players. Just remember, everyone, be kind to the noobs and teach them. The more we rage at them only makes people quit. MUST RETAIN NOOB PLAYERS!
    RapGod wrote: »

Children Noobs Rookies are our future. We must stomp protect help them.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    Children Noobs Rookies are our future. We must stomp protect help them.

Meh, I was only 12 when I started NS1. Children/noobs will either learn or quit. W/o them, we will only be left with die-hard NS1 fans.

Maybe I misunderstood you and it was sarcasm, in which case, ignore this lol
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
  • rayzourayzou Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184066Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hugh wrote: »
    Need some idea on what to promise for the final push guys! I'm thinking - Wasabi dye's his moustache pink.

Hugh's trolls striking back !