You broke the Editor

killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited April 2013 in Mapping
As of 246, you can no longer select props, might want to fix it

Also, I tried republishing my map but the workshop number code thing doesn't work I get 6E6E757

Comments

• IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    Same, created a new mod (not deliberately, it just happened).

Although Hex numbers do in fact use Letters to represent numbers, it's anything above 9 I believe.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F This is because hex can represent the values 1 to 15 in it's first base. Where base 10 (our normal number system) can represent 1 to 9. So they use letters to represent the other digits.

But yes, I've posted a thread in technical support about the publish issue. As for the map editor... that was a bit of an oversight lol.
  • QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    edited April 2013
    Taken from the blog post
    Blog Post wrote:

Using the updated Launch Pad

For those who have mods out there and wish to publish an update, you will need to re-setup your mod for publishing using the newly updated Launchpad. Watch for a guide or follow these 10 steps:

1. Open Launchpad.exe from your …Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2 directory.

2. Select New, choose a new mod location and add the name of your mod to Mod Name. Then hit create.

3. Browse to the source folder within your new mod folder (there should be a shortcut on the Launchpad that directs to this new source folder.)

4. Copy your original mod source files into the appropriate folders

5. Run Builder from the Launchpad and select Build under the Build menu. This should automatically create the built files into your new output folder.

6. Go to http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=4920& and find your mod. When you have your mod selected in the browser, copy the 9 digit number from the browser link. Enter this number into Windows Calculator using the programmer mode and select Hex. This new number is your Publish ID number.

7.Browse to the main directory of your new mod folder, (one up from the source folder) open the mod settings file and add the line:

publish_id = “#######”

… where ####### is your mods Publish ID number from step 6.

8. Update the preview.jpg to your mods preview image.

9. Select Configure from Launcpad to edit the description of your mod.

10. Select Publish to publish your files to the workshop. This will only publish files that are in the output folder so be sure you’ve run Builder first!

• KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    The HEX stuff works, BUT...

For some reason you need to close launchpad, and THEN change the publish_id to get it working.

If you change it while launchpad is running it will always override it with whatever new id it wanted to give the mod.
    Even making the mod.settings file writing protected doesn't do the trick.

PS: As somebody who only does crosshair mods, this new way is confusing... not sure yet if it works yet, but my plan is to basically ignore the source and builder crap and just put my stuff into the output folder. (which is a ui folder with all the crosshairs in it)

- no idea how it would work to let the builder create this from the source folder. (where do i put what? how must it be named? would it build the .dds files from photoshop files?)
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I am not happy about this stuff. I tried to watch the video but stopped in the middle. Have to figure this stuff out another day and I hope it is easy to get the ExtraEntitiesMod work again with the editor. All I want to do is to map and now I have to figure out again all this manual stuff. The last build made me crash while playing again and the performance was bad. Now I hear this build is even worse. Why should I map for this game when I still can't get a stable NS2 and almost every new build is punching older maps in the face or make it harder to get the editor running. Oh, and for the last 4 or so builds, if I want to work with a grid on a face, it disappears into some graphical errors. This is no fun. And I still expect stuff like this to get better from build to build. Maybe its time to move on...
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    QwiXXeR wrote: »
    Taken from the blog post
    Blog Post wrote:

For those who have mods out there and wish to publish an update, you will need to re-setup your mod for publishing using the newly updated Launchpad. Watch for a guide or follow these 10 steps:

1. Open Launchpad.exe from your …Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2 directory.

2. Select New, choose a new mod location and add the name of your mod to Mod Name. Then hit create.

3. Browse to the source folder within your new mod folder (there should be a shortcut on the Launchpad that directs to this new source folder.)

5. Run Builder from the Launchpad and select Build under the Build menu. This should automatically create the built files into your new output folder.

6. Go to http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=4920& and find your mod. When you have your mod selected in the browser, copy the 9 digit number from the browser link. Enter this number into Windows Calculator using the programmer mode and select Hex. This new number is your Publish ID number.

7.Browse to the main directory of your new mod folder, (one up from the source folder) open the mod settings file and add the line:

publish_id = “#######”

10. Select Publish to publish your files to the workshop. This will only publish files that are in the output folder so be sure you’ve run Builder first!

I know the steps but it still made a new one
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I have not dealt with the Launcher and Workshop yet, but I can say that- for me at least - the Editor is working just fine.
  • QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    QwiXXeR wrote: »
    Taken from the blog post
    Blog Post wrote:

publish_id = “#######”

I know the steps but it still made a new one

I was having this issue until I followed @Koruyo advice and closed launchpad before editing the file and changing the ID.
  • PandademicPandademic Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183359Members
    I can't get any of my map files to load. Failing consistency checks when running them locally. Is this because I had extra entities installed? Not trying to publish a mod or anything, just trying to playtest some rooms I'm working on.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Pandademic wrote: »
    I can't get any of my map files to load. Failing consistency checks when running them locally. Is this because I had extra entities installed? Not trying to publish a mod or anything, just trying to playtest some rooms I'm working on.
    \AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\ConsistencyConfig.json

Open the file in a text editor, delete the text, and save. Should deal with any consistency checking errors for local servers.
  • PandademicPandademic Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183359Members
    edited May 2013
    That didn't have any effect, but turning off all my mods did.

I was able to join public servers, but unable to load a map from console. Turned off all the mods, and now maps from console load fine.