Are people using this forum correctly?

Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
I see lots of [Project] tags in this thread, but very few projects.

I can see a lot of ideas with [Project] tags, but it was clearly mentioned that ideas were not to use the tags. This was to enable developers to easily see active projects without having to sort through lots of ideas.

Will people please start using this forum correctly, so that Squad 5 can go on to be the valuable resource it was designed to be.

Thank You.

Comments

• JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1933096:date=May 3 2012, 11:59 AM:name=Soul_Rider)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soul_Rider @ May 3 2012, 11:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1933096"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I see lots of [Project] tags in this thread, but very few projects.

I can see a lot of ideas with [Project] tags, but it was clearly mentioned that ideas were not to use the tags. This was to enable developers to easily see active projects without having to sort through lots of ideas.

Will people please start using this forum correctly, so that Squad 5 can go on to be the valuable resource it was designed to be.

Thank You.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is this the way to use them? I think if UWE did not like the way it is now they would lock the thread.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's probably not working exactly as intended - as this forum was supposed to just be for things that are actually 'happening' while leaving the guts of discussion to Modding and I/S boards. It's not a big issue I guess - forums will take on in the life their users want :)
  • EarthEarth Join Date: 2009-07-23 Member: 68243Members
    I'm fairly sure everyone who started a [Project] was wearing black armor at the time, so it is permitted.

Lock Thread.
  • yimmasabiyimmasabi Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58318Members
    edited May 2012
    Create a Sub Forum Title Under the "Squad Five" e.g. "Trash Projects"
    and move those to this title if you think that is not a project or it is multiple project.

It is so simple for you :D
  • zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
    I haven't posted mine yet. I do not understand the purpose of this forum section yet.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    OK I have posted my 2 ideas 'Gorges around the world' and 'NS2 infographic' in the Ideas and Suggestions forum.

If there's anyone able to work on those projects maybe they can be moved into this forum...
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    I think perhaps it is quite important that this forum is used as it was intended and not as it currently is. Having just looked at it for the first time, it is full of ideas and not actual projects.

I absolutely love the idea of Squad Five, it is a fantastic system (and resource).

The quality of [Projects] is important, perhaps just change all the 'going nowhere at the moment' threads to [Idea] or [Suggestion], etc.

For instance, I wanted to check through projects to see if I could offer my help with any. In terms of webspace/hosting/websites etc, but was quite quickly put off by simply reading ideas with no-one to take them further or no realistic breakdown of the project.

The long-term usefulness of the forum section could be quite dependant upon how it is used, although this may settle down after the initial rush.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Yea it is a bit like the modding\mapping-forums with the amount of vapour it has already gathered, hoped it'd be a bit more substantial.
  • Synthet1cSynthet1c Join Date: 2012-05-12 Member: 151966Members
    edited May 2012
    I'll be a man and just admit I want to be squad 5 because I has black armors!
    Instead of creating a new topic. I wonder if I can change my old forum account name.

=P