Feedback from Apr 28/29 Casts

HughHugh CameramanSan Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
edited April 2012 in Competitive Play
<div class="IPBDescription">Got to keep getting better!</div>Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed yesterdays cast. Unfortunately I won't be putting it on YouTube as I was a naughty Tuber last week and got in trouble for spamming too many matches. You can however <a href="http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/b/316593901#" target="_blank">catch the entire monster cast here</a>.

Just like last week, please leave all your feedback from this weeks casts here. There were six casters this week, myself, Leto, WasabiOne, InternetsLive, Dgelneshi, and Mr. Arkanti. Unfortunately we didn't manage to get Smaug or Gohan on - but hopefully that will happen next week. Post up your thoughts on what the good combinations were, what could be improved and what worked well.

The more feedback you give, the better we can make casts in future!

Comments

• BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Respect for commentating for so long. Must have been exhausting.

I really enjoyed watching the whole stream, especially when you played on our side. Had a good laugh there. xD

Why don't you learn some german and join us? :)
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    So much fun again this weekend! played a little, cast a little, watched a lot! GREAT JOB NS2HD
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    thanx so much for that cast, it was awesome!
    there is nothing like comming home from work, ordering a pizza, getting a beer and just watch ns2-livestream till 2AM.(yes europe)

just awesome! ;)

PS: the incident with 420 was a little bummer, thats nothing you do on a livestream in a friendsmatch, even if it got you to play with HBZ, which was hillarious. ;)

and i realy dont remember 420 getting any bad publicity in the last streams, and i watched them all 3 times. yes they couldnt quite keep up with their oponents, but they showed interresting taktics and i cheered for them like you hugh.
    because lets face it, everybody loves the underdog. ;)

this stream they got up in the profesional rating, but plummeted at the human/personality rating.
    no permanent damage done thou, just get out there and amaze us with your creative play 420! ;)
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2012
    WHAT?!
    Who the hell voted for me? Thanks guys, must be the other casters not wanting to vote for themselves. :)

I think I had the most difficulties from all casters, as my brain doesn't like fast thinking and fast talking and I'm also a very bad trash talker, so Hugh and Leto had to fill in the gaps between the actual games. Unfortunately, the only real game I got to cast wasn't very eventful, so I didn't have much to talk about during the game either.

Major props to WasabiOne, you were awesome!
    Let's not forget the other casters though. Show Arkanti and Internets some love in the votes. :)

A rated voting from 1-5 for every caster and category would give more information, as there's always someone who can't be beaten in a particular category, but others might not be bad in that matter either. You can't do such a detailed poll on the forums though.

I'm sorry for beating so much on 420, as they've made their point clear a while ago. While I still don't agree with their point of view, I didn't mean to belittle them. They are a great team with great personalities/players.
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1931923:date=Apr 30 2012, 10:03 PM:name=Dghelneshi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dghelneshi @ Apr 30 2012, 10:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1931923"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A rated voting from 1-5 for every caster and category would give more information, as there's always someone who can't be beaten in a particular category, but others might not be bad in that matter either. You can't do such a detailed poll on the forums though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Agreed. I had a hard time voting on this one.

I'd like to say this was the best cast so far (also thanks to Insight mod). All of you guys did a great job. Can't wait for next week.

Neshi, your time to shine will surely come.Keep it up!
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    <a href="http://instantboss.org/" target="_blank">Instant Boss . Org</a>
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1931847:date=Apr 30 2012, 11:17 AM:name=Strayan (NS2HD))--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Strayan (NS2HD) @ Apr 30 2012, 11:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1931847"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed yesterdays cast. Unfortunately I won't be putting it on YouTube as I was a naughty Tuber last week and got in trouble for spamming too many matches. You can however <a href="http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/b/316593901#" target="_blank">catch the entire monster cast here</a>.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Great work this weekend. We'll miss you for then next 5 weekends :(
    Have you considered making a second youtube channel to upload all the competitive videos? That way people will know what they're getting into and can't whine about video spam.
  • greenpeegreenpee Join Date: 2012-04-10 Member: 150218Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1931958:date=Apr 30 2012, 05:46 PM:name=Huze)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huze @ Apr 30 2012, 05:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1931958"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Great work this weekend. We'll miss you for then next 5 weekends :(
    Have you considered making a second youtube channel to upload all the competitive videos? That way people will know what they're getting into and can't whine about video spam.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I totally enjoy the segmented videos, even if some are only 3 minutes long! As I'm sure many of you are, I'm busy and it's easier to find 20-30 minutes to watch a video or two a few times throughout the week, instead of the 6? hours of stream (plus none of the technical difficulties!)
  • -[420]-Papageorgio-[420]-Papageorgio Join Date: 2011-09-23 Member: 122961Members
    Thanks for casting this weekend guys. You all did an amazing job!
  • MooJrMooJr Join Date: 2011-10-18 Member: 128100Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1932003:date=Apr 30 2012, 06:12 PM:name=greenpee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greenpee @ Apr 30 2012, 06:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1932003"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, I totally enjoy the segmented videos, even if some are only 3 minutes long! As I'm sure many of you are, I'm busy and it's easier to find 20-30 minutes to watch a video or two a few times throughout the week, instead of the 6? hours of stream (plus none of the technical difficulties!)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Same here. Plus the ability to comment and share easier. There is no such thing as hugh spam!
  • causticsodacausticsoda Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151327Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1931958:date=May 1 2012, 07:46 AM:name=Huze)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huze @ May 1 2012, 07:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1931958"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Great work this weekend. We'll miss you for then next 5 weekends :(
    Have you considered making a second youtube channel to upload all the competitive videos? That way people will know what they're getting into and can't whine about video spam.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agree, this would be a good solution.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    If you make a new channel for scrims, it could be called NS2HDPVP. =P
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    So that replay-feature was a video-montage thingy? The twitch-player crashes my flash-plugin hard (flash sucks etc etc), haven't been able to see a single second.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1932218:date=May 2 2012, 12:10 AM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ May 2 2012, 12:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1932218"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So that replay-feature was a video-montage thingy? The twitch-player crashes my flash-plugin hard (flash sucks etc etc), haven't been able to see a single second.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The replay system didn't make it in unfortunately - Technical challenge still to be overcome! It's completely separate from the game and contained within XSplit. Should be great fun when I get it working.