NS2 Rundown I botched together

pixxpixxpixxpixx Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151075Members
Hey guys,

I personally have been a huge fan of Unknown Worlds and the Natural Selection series of games for a while, and I've recently taken the plunge into the world of self employment by running what will (hopefully) become a Australian based gaming community site (gaming as in RPG Tabletop, Wargaming, Trading Cards, anything with a game system implemented essentially).

One of the by-products of this is that I'm teaching myself how to commentate and podcast, which is much, much harder than anyone lets on. One particular thing I've been experimenting with is a run down of certain games (for those who watch podcasts, think WTF is? or Lets Play.) and one of my first games to try this on is one of the most under looked games I feel of the past 2 years, NS2.

Anyhow, I'll stop jabbering on, and post up a link, and if you know anyone who wants to watch a scrub commentator try to explain to them why NS2 is worthy of their attention, it might be worth a look.

<a href="http://youtu.be/ny8kyN5_qYE" target="_blank">http://youtu.be/ny8kyN5_qYE</a>

<b>WARNING:</b> May contain dyslexic comments, silly analogies, random screeching, random frame glitching (router issue currently being resolved) and traces of peanuts.

Comments

• SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
    this was pretty cool!
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    You should say " general aussiness" to the list of warnings.
  • pixxpixxpixxpixx Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151075Members
    Lol, thanks for the kind words skymander.

And lol auron2, I often forget my oz accent is fairly noticable to outsiders. I'm least I'm not going full stereotypical and pumping out "SHHEEEELA" and "Oi!" every 15 seconds...yet.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    I'd have shorter videos...less aimless wandering around a map and sound more excited about the game - IMO

The first two minutes of the video is menu screens. Is that something important for people to know about? Is there something more exciting to show them?

Edit it more.

Though I don't know those other series you mention, so I'm just judging it on it's own.

Your voice and accent are fine for casting.
  • pixxpixxpixxpixx Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151075Members
    That is some pretty good criticism's. Thanks man. I'm going to keep that in mind.