Payment method/Options, please help!

corpsmancorpsman Join Date: 2004-04-17 Member: 27979Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Payment credit card paypal</div>When I visit the payment webpage for NS2, it says "We accept Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover." The order button only sends me to Paypal. How can I order using my credit card? If Paypal is the only way Unknownworlds is going to accept payment, is there some trick or method to ordering NS2 through Steam? Can a developer please clarify this. If we can order through Steam, how do we go about this, or must we wait until it is "officially released" through Steam, to use thier ordering method?

Thank you Unknownworlds for your time. I loved NS1, and I have been following NS2 for a while. I would like to start playing now and just want to make sure if it really is available now with a credit card, or just Paypal, or if I have to wait... If I have to wait, I am sure I will anyways, but it would be nice.

*For anyone who wants to troll about Paypal, please don't. I don't care. I am looking for an answer, not an opinion.*

Comments

• RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The dev's aren't always on the forums, mostly they are great and reply back pretty fast, but in case they do not, try leaving a message on their support system -

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/help/" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/help/</a>

Hope they answer your questions, welcome to ns2 :)
  • corpsmancorpsman Join Date: 2004-04-17 Member: 27979Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    FYI, if I can travel to San Fran and pay cash, I will. Seriously, I would do it...
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1907355:date=Feb 27 2012, 02:48 PM:name=corpsman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (corpsman @ Feb 27 2012, 02:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1907355"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->FYI, if I can travel to San Fran and pay cash, I will. Seriously, I would do it...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't doubt you sir! The game is going great currently, even in it's beta stages.
    Hopefully you can get your payment sorted out soon and start playing :)
  • BVKnightBVKnight Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147496Members
    When you click the "Buy now" button, on the page it takes you to are two buttons, "Check out" and "Check out with Paypal". Use the first one and it should allow you to use a credit card. I used one to buy the game only a few days ago.
  • corpsmancorpsman Join Date: 2004-04-17 Member: 27979Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1907359:date=Feb 27 2012, 12:01 AM:name=BVKnight)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BVKnight @ Feb 27 2012, 12:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1907359"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When you click the "Buy now" button, on the page it takes you to are two buttons, "Check out" and "Check out with Paypal". Use the first one and it should allow you to use a credit card. I used one to buy the game only a few days ago.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How did you get past Paypal's website? It asks me to create an account.
    <!--quoteo(post=1907361:date=Feb 27 2012, 02:09 AM:name=corpsman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (corpsman @ Feb 27 2012, 02:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1907361"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How did you get past Paypal's website? It asks me to create an account.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I clicked on "Buy now" from the NS2 website, then it shows me a shopping card with 1 copy of NS2 and I clicked on "Check out". On the next page it says "Choose a way to pay" and "Have a paypal account?/Don't have a paypal account?" Below the "Don't" option is all the info fields for you to enter in your credit card. Then I hit review and checked out.

Do you not see the same thing?
    <!--quoteo(post=1907363:date=Feb 27 2012, 12:13 AM:name=BVKnight)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BVKnight @ Feb 27 2012, 12:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1907363"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I clicked on "Buy now" from the NS2 website, then it shows me a shopping card with 1 copy of NS2 and I clicked on "Check out". On the next page it says "Choose a way to pay" and "Have a paypal account?/Don't have a paypal account?" Below the "Don't" option is all the info fields for you to enter in your credit card. Then I hit review and checked out.

Do you not see the same thing?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I do. What your "seeing" is the sign in as a guest, but you are still signing into Paypal. The words are just different... It is no a big deal. I will wait and see if a developer or someone who works at U.W. knows the answer.
    <!--quoteo(post=1907368:date=Feb 27 2012, 02:25 AM:name=corpsman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (corpsman @ Feb 27 2012, 02:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1907368"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I do. What your "seeing" is the sign in as a guest, but you are still signing into Paypal. The words are just different... It is no a big deal. I will wait and see if a developer or someone who works at U.W. knows the answer.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Okay I see what you mean. But it looks like the NS2 team is <i>using Paypal to process payments</i>. Right now, by just entering in your credit card information in that area, you can use a credit card to buy the game <b>without having to register for a paypal account.</b>

However, if it's the fact that your money goes through Paypal's hands to get there that bothers you, I don't think there is an alternative. It costs quite a bit of money and transaction % to set up a merchant account to take credit card payments directly online, and if UWE had done so then they wouldn't be using Paypal.
    edited February 2012
    <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->I am being rude for no good reason!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1907386:date=Feb 27 2012, 08:55 AM:name=corpsman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (corpsman @ Feb 27 2012, 08:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1907386"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->-snip-<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Why you talk like this?
    He don't make you look like a ######!
    Gee...
    There is a lot of credit card thiefs in this world, or faker, so its a good way uwe use paypal with credit card, on steam there a lot of frauds...people buy a game with a stolen number and "Trade" it with something, then after some days the guy who get the game which was buyed with a stolen number, lost his game.
    A lot time that happend.
    You also could ask a friend, not that hard...but rage here is not a good way to get help.
    I don't know if I just got trolled hard, or if we are just completely missing each other here, but one last time in case it helps you, before any mods lock the thread:

OP requested a way to pay for NS2 using a credit card.
    I clearly demonstrated that the link from the NS2 site lets you use a credit card. You don't have to have a paypal account.

You're welcome.
    edited February 2012
    Please do not derail my post with more Paypal opinions. I specifically asked that noone do that, so I can recieve a clear answer from someone who works for the company. If a developer can answer my question concerning payments, I would appreciate it.

*Reply to Price, not BV...*
  • Heroman117Heroman117 Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73268Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1907386:date=Feb 26 2012, 11:55 PM:name=corpsman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (corpsman @ Feb 26 2012, 11:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1907386"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->-snip-!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know how he was being a jerk at all, he was just trying to help. That response was completely uncalled for and you've honestly made yourself look more like a jerk than he did.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    If you click "check out" rather than "check out with PayPal", you will be taken to a page where you can buy using a credit or debit card without having a PayPal account. PayPal are the billing merchant for our credit card transactions, which means you can pay on your card or using their system.

In the future, please try to keep your temper in check. Flaming someone who is just trying to help you is an incredibly rude thing to do.
This discussion has been closed.