B195 Weapon and Attack Quirks
Skie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 656
edited February 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
List of all bugs/features in attacks atmHello.
After playing NS2 a lot, you start noticing some glitches/bugs/quirks/features in the attacks of almost all weapons. In this thread I'm going to list all I've come across so far. Some of them are clearly bugs, but some of them are 'feature material', ie stuff that could make the pros stand out from the normal folk by mastering these techniques.
Here's a video to go along with the text to showcase (almost) each quirk.
This weapon has three quirks.
1) Double tapping and holding fire causes firing sound to disappear. This works every time. Most likely a bug.
2) Melee swing speed is faster if you are moving while holding the melee attack button. Most likely a bug, I don't like it as an idea feature.
3) (not in video) The weapon doesn't shoot a bullet if you click attack really shortly (under 2ms). It's really hard to reproduce when recording with fraps so it's not in the video.
This weapon fires faster in both modes if you are jumping.
1) The primary attack mode has unrestricted firing speed when you are mid-air. It has a potential DPS increase of +500%. It is silly and should be either slowed down or removed completely. It could be a bit faster, but not as fast as now.
2) The secondary attack speed is about double faster when jumping. It has a DPS increase of 50-100%. I like this, because if you can time your jumps you can take a few extra fast shots which are really hard to land, and when you fall back to the ground you are slower at firing again unless you time your jump right.
3) (Already reported and fixed? Not in video.) If you change firing modes after jumping, pistol gets stuck.
The shotgun fires faster if you are both moving and clicking every time right before the animation ends. Some of the animation is bypassed this way. It has a DPS increase of about 20-30% which is in reasonable limits. This is feature candidate material right here, although the 'moving' bit could be removed.
The axe swings a bit faster if you click each time right before the second hit animation comes to the end. This has a DPS increase of about 20%. This is also feature candidate material, I think it's a nice touch the weapon could have.
The gorge spit is really buggy at the moment.
1) If you click each time instead of holding fire, it shoots a bit faster. I like this.
2) Unfortunately the projectiles sometimes collide into eachother if you fire too fast and disappear right in front of you.
3) If you click really shortly (under 3ms per click) then the projectiles sometimes doesn't fly at all.
4) If you click really rapidly, then sometimes you get two projectiles instead of one.
Gorge bilebomb is also buggy.
1) If you click really shortly, then it doesn't always create a projectile.
2) If you jump and click twice really fast, it sometimes creates two projectiles instead of one.
Gorge Healspray (not in video)
Sometimes the gorge healspray is activated twice in a row when you tap the secondary attack rapidly.
The skulk bite doesn't always make a sound when you click really shortly (under 3ms per click). This is definitely a bug and should be removed.
1) The fade swing doesn't always make a sound when you click really shortly (under 3ms per click). This is definitely a bug and should be removed.
2) The fade secondary attack sometimes plays the sound twice when you click attack rapidly. Only one hit registers though. A bug.
The lerk spike doesn't always make a sound when you click really shortly (under 3ms per click). This is definitely a bug and should be removed.
The onos attacks and flamethrower seem to be working okay, so I don't really have any comments on those. Grenade launcher grenades are a bit sluggish at times, and their flying speed is slow in my opinion, but those aren't really quirks that stand out.
Post edited by Unknown User on