Natural Selection 2 News Update - Build 195 released

MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
Please post comments on the topic Natural Selection 2 News Update - Build 195 released here

Comments

• PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    very quick, wil lbe nice to test
  • SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
    =(
    I have been bested!
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Oh, well, CC I guess:
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did net_stats\r_stats break? They're not showing up.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lasers are cool to see, although the first person effect is a bit iffy atm.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1901317:date=Feb 9 2012, 07:54 PM:name=Silverwing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Silverwing @ Feb 9 2012, 07:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901317"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->=(
    I have been bested!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

DENIED!
  • SiniStarRSiniStarR Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71380Members
    Each patch gets better and better/
  • GohanZetaGohanZeta Join Date: 2010-11-18 Member: 74996Members, NS2 Playtester
    ns2_mineshaft: Drill Repair as Marine start has a wrong RT attached to it. It autospawns the closest of the Central Drilling RTs instead of the one which should be allocated to it( and Central Drilling is unpowered in that Case)
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1901323:date=Feb 9 2012, 07:05 PM:name=GohanZeta)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GohanZeta @ Feb 9 2012, 07:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901323"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ns2_mineshaft: Drill Repair as Marine start has a wrong RT attached to it. It autospawns the closest of the Central Drilling RTs instead of the one which should be allocated to it( and Central Drilling is unpowered in that Case)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, this was unfortunately discovered late in the PTing and we didn't want to hold up the patch anymore. It's already fixed in the next version of Mineshaft.
    <!--quoteo(post=1901319:date=Feb 9 2012, 06:58 PM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Feb 9 2012, 06:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901319"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lasers are cool to see, although the first person effect is a bit iffy atm.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, pistol laser is still definitely a WIP, both visually, and the gameplay aspect of it.

--Cory
  • Jimpa_31@hotmail.comJimpa_31@hotmail.com Join Date: 2012-02-08 Member: 144358Members
    Nice . Lets test it _: ) ..
  • blackpiranhablackpiranha Germany Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14375Members, Constellation
    <i>The Commander can now drop weapons anywhere, not only in range of Armory. Weapons always cost player resources.</i>

Can you provide further information about this change? Why did you step away from the classic armory weapon dropping system?
  • Hitman[GER]Hitman[GER] Join Date: 2011-11-29 Member: 135845Members
    Hello,

net_stats\r_stats not working in console. They're not showing up.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1901330:date=Feb 9 2012, 08:25 PM:name=blackpiranha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackpiranha @ Feb 9 2012, 08:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901330"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><i>The Commander can now drop weapons anywhere, not only in range of Armory. Weapons always cost player resources.</i>

Can you provide further information about this change? Why did you step away from the classic armory weapon dropping system?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

what he said.

just checked, r_stats aren't working, was this disabled/removed or new command to check fps has been added?
  • MurphyIdiotMurphyIdiot NS2 programmer Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64095Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    edited February 2012
    "just checked, r_stats aren't working, was this disabled/removed or new command to check fps has been added?"

That was an accident. Sorry! That will be patched at the latest by next week.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Loving the Onos now. Now that collisions are working great and I can easily smash all the 'rine structures. Also my friend will be happy to hear that the lerk can now cling to walls and ceilings. Great patch.
  • xIlluxIllu Join Date: 2010-12-21 Member: 75839Members
    is it me or does every server lags / rubber bands like crazy after the patch ?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1901347:date=Feb 9 2012, 08:09 PM:name=xIllu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xIllu @ Feb 9 2012, 08:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901347"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->is it me or does every server lags / rubber bands like crazy after the patch ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, it is probably the server you were on. But because net_stats has been broken by a certain someone :P You can't check
  • xIlluxIllu Join Date: 2010-12-21 Member: 75839Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1901350:date=Feb 9 2012, 09:12 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Feb 9 2012, 09:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901350"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, it is probably the server you were on. But because net_stats has been broken by a certain someone :P You can't check<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

hmm.. yeah but its every server.. other games work fine (bf3)
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Quick question... I don't know if this was posted already, but how many attacks does the Onos get? I saw in 194, onos had Gore, Smash and Stomp (Gore and Smash were attack 1, but Gore was left mouse button and Smash was right mouse button) and Stomp was attack 2 (left mouse button).

How has this changed?

Also, what was the difference between Gore and Smash? They had different attack animations but seemed to do the same thing.
  • Black_OperativeBlack_Operative Join Date: 2003-06-02 Member: 16957Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Incredible to me how every time I come back to the beta after an extended absence it just looks more and more amazing. Can't wait for the official release.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1901359:date=Feb 9 2012, 09:23 PM:name=Daphisto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daphisto @ Feb 9 2012, 09:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901359"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Quick question... I don't know if this was posted already, but how many attacks does the Onos get? I saw in 194, onos had Gore, Smash and Stomp (Gore and Smash were attack 1, but Gore was left mouse button and Smash was right mouse button) and Stomp was attack 2 (left mouse button).

How has this changed?

Also, what was the difference between Gore and Smash? They had different attack animations but seemed to do the same thing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wasnt there talk about bone shield or something before?
  • arualarual Join Date: 2005-03-12 Member: 44989Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1901347:date=Feb 9 2012, 08:09 PM:name=xIllu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xIllu @ Feb 9 2012, 08:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901347"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->is it me or does every server lags / rubber bands like crazy after the patch ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I joined three different servers and had the exact same problem with others complaining of the same; e.g. rubber-banding and the perception of 'server lag'. One of those servers I frequent and have not had that problem to such a catastrophic extent on it ever before. The other two could have just been poor servers.

Love the new map size though :)

Update 08:45 PM: A fourth server seems to be fine. Maybe my usual server was just having a hissy fit.
    Update 09:05 PM: The fourth server also started rubber-banding pretty badly just now. I reconnected and by the time I rejoined it was fine. Be2veN^ also noted the server was jumpy prior to me leaving but said it sorted itself out before I got back (I was disconnected for maybe 2 mins). Strange.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1901359:date=Feb 9 2012, 08:23 PM:name=Daphisto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daphisto @ Feb 9 2012, 08:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901359"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Quick question... I don't know if this was posted already, but how many attacks does the Onos get? I saw in 194, onos had Gore, Smash and Stomp (Gore and Smash were attack 1, but Gore was left mouse button and Smash was right mouse button) and Stomp was attack 2 (left mouse button).

How has this changed?

Also, what was the difference between Gore and Smash? They had different attack animations but seemed to do the same thing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Slot 1: Gore (anti marine), secondary fire is Stomp
    Slot 2: Smash (anti structure), secondary fire is Stomp

Stomp disrupts marine equipment and throws marine around/to the ground
  • McMarius11McMarius11 Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143763Members
    i cant wait when i got 60 fps in action
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited February 2012
    Good to know that it wasnt just me experiencing the rubber banding with each in game step. It did go away after a while.

Buying weapons is confusing. The armoury told me I could buy a flame thrower but nothing happened no matter how many times I selected the icon.

Then there's the issue of having a heap of weapons pile up on the ground around the armoury.

Wielding a mine really needs an animation not a static floating mine.

UWE - there's a typo in 2nd paragraph of the 195 announcement over on the blog page :P

<i>We want to the patches coming frequently, instead of doing bigger less frequent patches.</i>
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1901373:date=Feb 9 2012, 04:46 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Feb 9 2012, 04:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901373"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Slot 1: Gore (anti marine), secondary fire is Stomp
    Slot 2: Smash (anti structure), secondary fire is Stomp

Stomp disrupts marine equipment and throws marine around/to the ground<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, sweet... this is very helpful!!

Thanks
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Mmm, the Mini-map looks great, the larger size and bolder bordering helps a bunch :)

Lerk Roost is a welcomed addition (finally!) since it creates a lot of ambush possibilities!

I still find it odd that Smash doesn't do any damage to a Marine, perhaps it can do a mild knockback (not knockover stunning) on Marines?

Keep up the good work fellas~
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    It's ridiculous to play on 5:4 now with the new vertical FoV implementation (why is it not on the changelog?). God, I hate having to buy a new monitor just to play FPS games properly... That's gonna bust my budget for a new PC...
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1901388:date=Feb 9 2012, 09:05 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Feb 9 2012, 09:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901388"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wielding a mine really needs an animation not a static floating mine.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The mine is still stand in art (using the model from NS1), so there is no point in spending the animation time to have the hands holding it until we have the final art. But, when we do get an updated mine model done, it will be animated similar to NS1, with the marine view model hands holding it, and the 3rd person marine animations will get updated as well.

--Cory
  • JitterzJitterz Join Date: 2011-12-22 Member: 138845Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1901388:date=Feb 9 2012, 03:05 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Feb 9 2012, 03:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901388"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Good to know that it wasnt just me experiencing the rubber banding with each in game step. It did go away after a while.

Buying weapons is confusing. The armoury told me I could buy a flame thrower but nothing happened no matter how many times I selected the icon.

Then there's the issue of having a heap of weapons pile up on the ground around the armoury.

Wielding a mine really needs an animation not a static floating mine.

UWE - there's a typo in 2nd paragraph of the 195 announcement over on the blog page :P

<i>We want to the patches coming frequently, instead of doing bigger less frequent patches.</i><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ya it should tell you that you need to be at an advanced armory to purchase. One night my brother thought he couldn't buy a flame thrower because he was wearing a jet pack. So all night he used jet pack and machine gun. That is until I told him he had to buy it at an advanced armory.