swalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 1,904 Auto Verified
edited April 2012 in Competitive Play
You interested? Make a replyENSL have opened up for NS2 gathers.
This gather system is aimed at people who want to play 6v6 games in a more competetive setting, you play to win.
What is this for?
QUOTE (Karko @ Jan 15 2012, 03:05 PM) »
Gather's are a very good way to meet new friends from the NS2 community and learning new tactics and generally, to play better. Personally I find gathers a fun way of spending the evenings playing NS2 and meeting new players. I recommend everyone, even the newbie's to come and try out. Microphone is very useful and recommended, but not a must-have to be able to play. However we would expect everyone to join the TeamSpeak and to come listen atleast what the others are planning and guiding you to do.
How do you join these gathers?
- Create an account on ENSL, you will need your steam id for this - http://steamidfinder.com/
- Then you log in.
- Go to "NS2 Gather" in the top of the ensl site. Or follow this link: http://www.ensl.org/gathers/latest/45
- Now you press "Click to join Gather", and can vote for map and server to be played on.
- Now you need to wait until 12 people in total have signed up for the gather
- When 12 people have signed up, some music starts playing to notify people that the gather is starting, so leave your browser open.
- Then people vote for captains, voting captains stops the music.
- Captains pick teams
- People join teamspeak and the game server. And the games begin
If you have to leave your computer, or you see that you don't have time to play anyway:
- Press the red X next to your name to leave the gather so people won't be waiting for you when it starts.
We have Koruyo's(hosted in Austria) listen server available when he is online.
And then BJHBnade_spammer have provided the gather system with a stable server located in Chicago!
That means that it will now be possible to have gathers any time!
We also now have Scrajms Lair in Uppsala (Sweden) available for these gathers!
Only thing you have to keep in mind, when not playing with an admin:
You need to stay in the readyroom until all 12 players are on the game server.
Videos from gathers:
NS2 6v6 Gathers
QUOTE (Floodinator @ Feb 28 2012, 08:41 PM) »
it's always a good idea to kill swalk or he will kill you.
Post edited by Unknown User on