So, after spending some time trying out just about every map currently available for NS2, I've come to the conclusion, are larger NS2 maps planned?
I'm hoping some map designers can answer a few questions I have:
- Are the sizes of maps smaller currently due to performance or the complexity to develop them?
- Are larger maps producing heavier load on servers which in theory, is why these maps aren't being produced?
- With the concept of Rail Cars planned for NS2, I don't think a single map is capable of supporting this at the moment other than triad.
- Are there larger maps in the works currently?
- What kind of effort is involved in producing stable NS2 maps? (man hours; I want to scope out how long it would take to re-create some of the old classics)
I understand it's beta and there is a whole lot more to be implemented, I just wanted to get some feedback on the community on how they current feel on the map sizes of summit/tram/rockdown/triad/etc. and feedback from the developers on the difficultly on creating maps that have multiple locations the size of "Crevice" on Summit.
With the current sizes of the maps available, implementing jet packs will become a frustrating experience with how small most of the locations on current NS2 maps are. Navigatin the map with a Lerk and a JP are two totally different experiences and I feel that the Marines will be getting stuck on ceilings/random obstacles 90% of the time