Decoda News Update - Decoda 1.15 released

MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
Please post comments on the topic Decoda News Update - Decoda 1.15 released here

Comments

• ExorphExorph Join Date: 2011-07-23 Member: 111854Members
    Doesn't start for me on XP due to a configuration error. I had the same problem for a while with 1.13 but solved it by installing the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable.

The event log tells me Microsoft.VC80.CRT couldn't be found. Isn't that what I installed with the 2005 redist? :S
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Can you confirm that there's a Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest file in your installation directory?
  • ExorphExorph Join Date: 2011-07-23 Member: 111854Members
    Sorry, not right now. I reverted to 1.13 again and I'm getting a bit tired of having to reinstall Decoda so many times the last few weeks.
    I'm going to be using a Vista computer in a few days. I'll try to use the latest version then and if I run into the same problem again I'll check.
  • MaximilienMaximilien Join Date: 2011-02-25 Member: 83395Members
    Hi,

I've applied version 1.15 over 1.13 from the update autodetection dialog.
    Decoda won't run and I get:

[Window Title]
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Decoda\Decoda.exe

[Content]
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Decoda\Decoda.exe

L’application n’a pas pu démarrer car sa configuration côte-à-côte est incorrecte. Pour plus d’informations, consultez le journal d’événements d’applications ou utilisez l’outil de ligne de commande sxstrace.exe.

There is no Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest file in my Decoda installation directory, only some exe, dll, and documentation.

However, if I get and run the latest installer, Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest appears in the installation directory, and Decoda runs again.