Experimental Non Flash Menu Mod

Comments

• QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hmm, can't get it to work for me. I tried both methods of installation and I still get the old menu.
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1856329:date=Jun 25 2011, 04:02 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Jun 25 2011, 04:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1856329"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hmm, can't get it to work for me. I tried both methods of installation and I still get the old menu.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Are there any errors in the console?
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1856402:date=Jun 25 2011, 05:45 PM:name=fsfod)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fsfod @ Jun 25 2011, 05:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1856402"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are there any errors in the console?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Strange, I tried it again and it works now. NM
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    28/6 Update
    <ul><li>Added a new awesome configurable ChatFrame</li><li>Added my replacement <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=111032" target="_blank"> keybind system mod</a>, its disabled by default it can be enabled in the mods option page. the game will be need to restarted after it been enabled</li><li>Added a password prompt when connecting to a passworded server in the server browser</li></ul>
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2011
    I couldn't close armory screen by pressing ESC anymore. I guess I'm kinda used to that.
    Also I found the lack of the when-you-speak-in-mic icon disturbing.

Other than that, cool stuff.
  • omaoma Join Date: 2003-06-04 Member: 17001Members
    hopefully u will add country flags and some "favorite" servers list, that would be great.
    <!--quoteo(post=1857960:date=Jul 4 2011, 08:45 PM:name=Skie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skie @ Jul 4 2011, 08:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1857960"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I couldn't close armory screen by pressing ESC anymore. I guess I'm kinda used to that.
    Also I found the lack of the when-you-speak-in-mic icon disturbing.

Other than that, cool stuff.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I removed mic icon intending to add it back but forgot to it should be easy to readd.

I guess the Esc armory bug is with my keybind mod loaded it didn't get as much work done on it as my menu

<!--quoteo(post=1858094:date=Jul 5 2011, 01:09 PM:name=oma)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oma @ Jul 5 2011, 01:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1858094"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hopefully u will add country flags and some "favorite" servers list, that would be great.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I kinda want todo favorites list but i can't do single server querys except with a dll I made. In theory I can try and pick them out of the normal list based on there IP string
    10/7 Update
    <ul><li>Updated for build 180</li><li>Greatly improved the escape key behavior for the keybind system mod</li><li>Readded the mic active icon</li><li>improved the launcher bat should work on 64 bit windows as well now</li><li>Added support for sub mods to run in the listen server vm</li></ul>
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2011
    Cheers, was waiting for an update.

By the way, a bit of an annoying bug:
    When you use the "I need a medpack" voice command, or any other where you need to press a number key, it also switches weapons.
    <!--quoteo(post=1859312:date=Jul 10 2011, 09:10 AM:name=Skie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skie @ Jul 10 2011, 09:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859312"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->By the way, a bit of an annoying bug:
    When you use the "I need a medpack" voice command, or any other where you need to press a number key, it also switches weapons.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

From some testing It seems the weapon input Move bits need tobe pulsed it an easy fix.
  • prevertbreasthoundprevertbreasthound Join Date: 2003-10-28 Member: 22089Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I initially was unable to install this mod on my 64 bit windows system due to the .bat file not correctly finding my install directory. (unsure why but I couldnt get the alternate install method to work either). However, I opened the .bat and, after I saw how it tried to determine my install location, I compared it to my registry and realized I had to make a change before it would work.

Originally the file read:
    <div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'>"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve"</div>
    I had to change it to:
    <div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'>"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam"</div>

Afterwards it worked perfectly

Additionally, I am getting a bug with the keybind mod where any attempt to change a key causes it to become bound to 'B'. It seems that when i double click to select the value it becomes selected extremely briefly and then binds to B. I found that it is possible for me to bind other keys but I need to press them down very fast before it is suddenly bound to B.

Outside of these small bugs though, it works great so keep up the good work!
    <!--quoteo(post=1859519:date=Jul 10 2011, 08:45 PM:name=prevertbreasthound)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (prevertbreasthound @ Jul 10 2011, 08:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1859519"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Originally the file read:
    "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve"

Additionally, I am getting a bug with the keybind mod where any attempt to change a key causes it to become bound to 'B'. It seems that when i double click to select the value it becomes selected extremely briefly and then binds to B. I found that it is possible for me to bind other keys but I need to press them down very fast before it is suddenly bound to B.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It seems I forgot to change the registry path back after testing. i don't have a 64 bit windows to test it on.
    Your second problem has me perplexed unless you have some non standard keyboard/mouse. The next release should have some fixs to do with
    the keybind page but, I'm not sure it will fix your problem.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited July 2011
    I tested your mod, looks funny, but the new interface is still good.
    Anyway, good template for mods.
  • Ender_74Ender_74 Join Date: 2011-01-28 Member: 79329Members
    I don't know if this has been reported, fixed already or even if I am the only one with this issue but the key events while the chat are still read by the game.
    So it makes me move and ask for ammo and whatever when I type a message. It's particularly annoying when you hit the drop weapon key. This was not the case in build 180 I think, but is present since then.
    <!--quoteo(post=1864359:date=Jul 28 2011, 10:47 PM:name=Ender_74)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ender_74 @ Jul 28 2011, 10:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1864359"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't know if this has been reported, fixed already or even if I am the only one with this issue but the key events while the chat are still read by the game.
    So it makes me move and ask for ammo and whatever when I type a message. It's particularly annoying when you hit the drop weapon key. This was not the case in build 180 I think, but is present since then.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It seems I broke something in my hook system when trying to fix another bug it had. This seems to have caused the chat movement bug. it should be fixed in the next version which i hope will be very soon
    29/7 Update
    <ul>Refactored the ui backend and made it less fragile to errors
    Added support for setting NextWeapon and PrevWeapon in the keybinds page
    The CheckBox now play the games built in sounds for checking and unchecking
    Esc will now close an open combobox
    Fixed keybinds still being activated while typing chat
    Fixed arrow keys not adjusting the carret correctly in textboxs
    Fixed a rare stack overflow when pressing escape while chat box is open</li></ul>
  • Ender_74Ender_74 Join Date: 2011-01-28 Member: 79329Members
    edited July 2011
    Cool I'm going to try that immediately.

Edit: And I'll be using that by default again. Thank you Sir.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Is anybody able to run NS2 in a window (specifically, a 1280x720 window) with this mod installed? It changes resolution just fine, but it stays in fullscreen.
    Were there any errors in the console after you changed it
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited August 2011
    No errors in console after changing. Tried alternative resolutions to no avail. Hope there is a fix as this mod is almost a must have.

EDIT: It seems to work fine if the default menu is put in window mode first, then exiting the game, then using the mod. This boots into windowed mode fine then, but not once its in fullscreen.
    edited August 2011
    Well i found the problem it was a value in my config binding layer not correctly being compared to nil, also i hate you for making me use decoda with ns2 in full screen mode

Edit: Uploaded a fix
    Yay it works now. Thanks!
    30/9 Update
    <ul>Added support for window frames in the GUI system
    Added a brand new windowed style main menu. The old paged main menu can still be switched to by clicking on "switch to paged menu" text
    Added the ability to filter servers in the Server Browser by map name
    Added a ServerInfo popup window similar to steams when you right click on a server in the server browser that shows connected players and server info. <a href="http://www.fsfod.vivaciti.net/files/ServerQueryHelper.zip" target="_blank">ServerQueryHelper</a> mod/lua dll module that I made to provide the missing server query api is needed for the ServerInfo window to work</li></ul><ul>Added a voice volume slider to the options page
    Made the chat frame separately save the position its moved to when commanding
    Made lua code loading a 2 stage process this might slightly reduce startup time but was added for other purposes
    Changed the Server Browser text to be clipped
    Redesigned the internal logic for dragging frames</li></ul>
  • basti1337basti1337 Join Date: 2011-05-13 Member: 98538Members
    This mod is great! So good to finally have a disconnect button and a menu that disappears when you press ESC... I also like the window-system, although you might change the layout a little bit. But its ok!

Please make your mod work in the upcoming build :D

I've got some problems installing the ServerQueryHelper mod... I've extracted the files to ns2/menumod/mods and also activated the mod in the mods menu, but no dialog pops up when I click on a server :/
    <!--quoteo(post=1877615:date=Oct 1 2011, 01:51 AM:name=basti1337)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (basti1337 @ Oct 1 2011, 01:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1877615"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've got some problems installing the ServerQueryHelper mod... I've extracted the files to ns2/menumod/mods and also activated the mod in the mods menu, but no dialog pops up when I click on a server :/<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm guessing you ment to say you <b>right</b> clicked on a server. I think issue is you used the second installation method and i didn't add a fallback for that method for loading lua dll modules. you should try launching with the bat once so it generates ModPath.lua file and then check for any errors in the game console. I should of also mentioned it also requires <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8328" target="_blank">Visual C++ 2010 runtime</a> but you might have it already installed
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Really good work man. This is better than the default menus and functionality in every way.
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    I can't get the server info to come up either. Is it supposed to come up when I right click on a server? I've tried both installation methods and I have the C++ runtime.

Also, I'd like it if the selected server highlight was a little bit clearer. The dark blue can be a little difficult to see sometimes.
  • basti1337basti1337 Join Date: 2011-05-13 Member: 98538Members
    start the mod via the .bat file and it will work :D
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    edited October 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1877953:date=Oct 3 2011, 10:22 PM:name=basti1337)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (basti1337 @ Oct 3 2011, 10:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1877953"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->start the mod via the .bat file and it will work :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have and it's still not working.

[EDIT] Got it working now :) I didn't extract the ServerQueryHelper mod into the right folder (/menumod/mods), perhaps it should just be included by default to make it a bit easier.

Is there anyway to get it working with the other install method? It's easier for me just to modify my launch options in steam and then run it directly from there rather than having to run the bat file every time.

Really nice mod btw :)
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited October 2011
    Great, this is amazing...