NS2-720p

Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT DeputyThe Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 11,516Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue mod
edited February 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
Kouji Naturally Selected "to" Adventure and Stuff
Ah finally I can start dishing out the NS2 using a new playlist on YouTube containing pub commentatires/showcase vids and such. You've probably seen a few sporadic NS2 public commentary vids from me already. Now I usually used Hugh's Ns2HD channel and vids as a forefront to promote NS2 on my channel as well and of course I will continue to do so. I mean he does a fabulous job and his channel is NS2 orientated. But additionally I'm going to try and get the word out using my own vids and channel as well, more ears and eyes to watch and listen to the stuff so to speak. Now since my channel is not 100% oriented on NS2, I thought it would be nice to have this list right here on the forums...

I'll keep this initial post up to date with stuff from the NS2 playlist. Hope you enjoy my fail attempts at shooting or biting things image

Additionally I thought it would give an interesting insight on how NS2 actually runs on a fairly old PC with the following specs, which I will also post on each video (alongside graphic settings and average FPS)

Computer Specifications of the Acients
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
Intel C2D E6420 (2,13Ghz) @ 3,2Ghz 1600FSB
2Gb OCZ Reaper PC2-6400 @ (800Mhz, 5-4-4-15)
Asus P5B Motherboard
Ati Sapphire HD4850 512Mb PCI-E
Creative Audigy 2 & Asus HD Audio
Plexwriter PC-708A
Case Coolermaster ATC-110SX1

Logitech 980240 microphone, voice chat gaming
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Video playlist ordered on build and date
Post edited by Unknown User on

Forum Admin "guardian of the magic cookiejar" Admin/Moderator I mostly use a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Existence Unknown

98 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

Comments

• DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Posts: 945Members
    For convenience, please note which vids feature you saying a lot of innuendos and erotica so i may close my eyes and be engulfed in a sexual narrative. Not that i don't enjoy the actual intentions of your videos or anything..
    Philadelphia is a PvP server
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 11,516Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue mod
    edited June 2011
    Right, wil-do image

[edit]

Also the video is finally "done" processing... Usually the processing is done within a few seconds, waiting que YouTube server :(

Forum Admin "guardian of the magic cookiejar" Admin/Moderator I mostly use a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Existence Unknown

• NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Posts: 1,604Members, Constellation
    I enjoy the sound of your voice.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Posts: 2,426Members
    Love the commentary
  • WiltdogWiltdog Join Date: 2011-05-26 Member: 100980Posts: 106Members
    Lol. Good stuff Kouji. Hope to game with you sometime soon!

i enjoyed 5:45 ish. That ###### happens to me all the time. I check the map for a split second and bam, dead. :D
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Posts: 5,602Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    "The scoreboard is actually bigger than da friggin screen" - Dont know why, I think its your accent/humour which made me lol hard here.

"HMM I AM AN ALIEN"

I gotta stop watching this, not even a minute in and I am lolling :D

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 11,516Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue mod
    QUOTE (CoolCookieCooks @ Jun 16 2011, 06:48 PM) »
    "The scoreboard is actually bigger than da friggin screen" - Dont know why, I think its your accent/humour which made me lol hard here.

Yeah sorry about that, it kinda pissed me off :D

Existence Unknown

• CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Posts: 5,602Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    Its a good video, got to see some gameplay from a more normal player point of view! You definitely got distracted from commentating a few minutes in, I'm guessing you were doing commentaries as you were recording.
    edited June 2011
    QUOTE (CoolCookieCooks @ Jun 16 2011, 07:09 PM) »
    Its a good video, got to see some gameplay from a more normal player point of view! You definitely got distracted from commentating a few minutes in, I'm guessing you were doing commentaries as you were recording.

Yep, all my commentaries are live. Which in a game like NS2, where you need to focus one what you're doing, or in this case trying to find my way around the map (bound to bloody M), is indeed quite a chore :D

I finally have it setup to record both my voice in Audacity and trough Steams VoIP system using one mic as well. I just like the rawness of live commentaries instead of lateron, it somehow feels more immersive when watching the vid

Existence Unknown

edited July 2011
    I'm going to start a Bug reports playlist, using video footage and some commentary on how to reproduce them. I'll add these to the OP as well and when/if they are fixed, I'll update the status. Making it easier to see what has been fixed and such...

NS2 build181 Bug - Rifle Rumble Pack (shooting bug)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDznPAh1W5w

NS2 build181 Bug - Fade Blink energy crisis, when entering a Hive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTxMD1M5QoI

NS2 build181 Bug - Fade Blink, the voices from the Nether wont stop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io1VR88jT5s

Ns2 build181 Bug - Skulk vs Wall, Skulk can't jump so the wall wins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjjdfHIhRQU

NS2 build181 Bug - Commander MAC and MAC's gone AWOL! (pathing bugs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r_L6L-sMwQ

Existence Unknown

If you guys want to post bug reports in here, I'm all for it and will try to ad them to the OP as well :)

Existence Unknown

• peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Posts: 2,426Members
    Here are some I found (all playing on summit)

- go alien commander, see if you can press escape to bring up the menu - I couldn't - without exiting the hive.
    - the power node in heliport, in front of it to the north is a bench and something like a vending machine, if you jump into the corner where the bench meets the vending machine you will get trapped FOREVER o _ o
    - click on a new whip, try to press the upgrade whip button, see if you can get it to work. I have to select a load of other stuff first.
    - same as above, but the problem this time is pustule placement. Sometimes they just wont go down! It was like that with infestation before pustules entered the game.
    - make a drifter, send it over the bar counter behind alien start, then try to send it back over again - my drifters would get trapped behind that bar counter.

Existence Unknown

Existence Unknown

• DestroidDestroid Join Date: 2011-10-25 Member: 129240Posts: 122Members
    What is your accent? You sound a bit like a Finnish Sean Connery, it's very unusual.
    Dutch as show right here image
    <

Existence Unknown

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444Posts: 1,678Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts admin
    Kouji! Can we please do a co-commentary one day!?
    The fastest way to contact me is via @hugh_jeremy on Twitter! Add me on Steam: Strayan. I do not check forum PMs.
    Keep up to date on what is going on with: Unknown Worlds | Natural Selection 2 | Subnautica
    Chat with the UWE team: Charlie | Max | Brian 1 | Cory | Brian A | Dushan | Lukas | Steve
    QUOTE (NS2HD @ Dec 8 2011, 05:36 PM) »
    Kouji! Can we please do a co-commentary one day!?

Heh I'm up for it, we might have to set something up :) How far do you actually live into the future though. Like +12hours from GMT+1 or something? :D

Existence Unknown

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444Posts: 1,678Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts admin
    GMT+10. It's pretty cool living in the future! Perhaps some time in late December early Jan?
    The fastest way to contact me is via @hugh_jeremy on Twitter! Add me on Steam: Strayan. I do not check forum PMs.
    Keep up to date on what is going on with: Unknown Worlds | Natural Selection 2 | Subnautica
    Chat with the UWE team: Charlie | Max | Brian 1 | Cory | Brian A | Dushan | Lukas | Steve
    edited January 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72LZeI_2ySE

I might have been a bit bored, but that is my default status mostly

Existence Unknown

edited February 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqFcljgBYVU

One more encoding, uploading later today:

NS2[Pub7x7] Kharaa on Mineshaft 2012-Feb-06 (2/2) - #156 and recording without serious issues

Existence Unknown

QUOTE (NS2HD @ Dec 9 2011, 06:01 AM) »
    GMT+10. It's pretty cool living in the future! Perhaps some time in late December early Jan?

or early Feb as you might have future powered equipment, but going back in time requires something completely different I guess :P

Existence Unknown

Existence Unknown