My Co-Workers are such Noobs.

hiloboyshiloboys Join Date: 2008-05-27 Member: 64340Members
<div class="IPBDescription">They didn't even know what NS was. I had to Enlighten them</div>Well I work at a video game company and everyone around me talks to me about this game and this game coming out, which game is in beta, etc. And I mention just an hour ago that NS2 will be alpha today. No one has any idea what im talking about. Maybe it was the abbreviations. (Not like they had a hard time figuring out what SWTOR was. pff) Told them Natural Selection. They still all looked at me like im a fking retard.

So I bring them to my desk and show them some vids I have that me and my buddies at joe.to took back in the day and they are now really interested. A bunch of them are downloading NS1 and are pre-ordering NS2. Its kind of weird because some of my co workers only play RTS games. And they want to play strictly to be the commander. LOL

Iono if this was a good idea or a bad one. Now im getting "WORK" emails asking what order they should drop from the comm chair in the beginning. OMG im answering the most basic NS stupid emails. >.<

I can tell by the excitement of my co-workers that once NS is advertised, its gonna be HUGE. I already got authorization from my boss to call them all in my office for an "Emergency Meeting" to check out NS2 Alpha. Hahha Cant wait to see how big NS2 gets once we drop the advertisement bomb.

Comments

• BRICEBRICE Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72453Members
  • sasuke2490sasuke2490 Join Date: 2010-06-12 Member: 72034Members
    some people think they're right so hard they trick themselves to thinking they're right about eveything and no one else can be right even when its staring them in the face lol
  • RulgrokRulgrok Join Date: 2007-04-04 Member: 60559Members
    Judging from your STEAM ID would we have an idea what company this is?

I can understand the secrecy or is it embarassment =p
  • PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    edited July 2010
    LOL

Better them as commander than me... do you remember what happen when I command???
    hahahahahaha
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1784001:date=Jul 26 2010, 01:47 PM:name=hiloboys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hiloboys @ Jul 26 2010, 01:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1784001"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well I work at a video game company and everyone around me talks to me about this game and this game coming out, which game is in beta, etc. And I mention just an hour ago that NS2 will be alpha today. No one has any idea what im talking about. Maybe it was the abbreviations. (Not like they had a hard time figuring out what SWTOR was. pff) Told them Natural Selection. They still all looked at me like im a fking retard.

So I bring them to my desk and show them some vids I have that me and my buddies at joe.to took back in the day and they are now really interested. A bunch of them are downloading NS1 and are pre-ordering NS2. Its kind of weird because some of my co workers only play RTS games. And they want to play strictly to be the commander. LOL

Iono if this was a good idea or a bad one. Now im getting "WORK" emails asking what order they should drop from the comm chair in the beginning. OMG im answering the most basic NS stupid emails. >.<

I can tell by the excitement of my co-workers that once NS is advertised, its gonna be HUGE. I already got authorization from my boss to call them all in my office for an "Emergency Meeting" to check out NS2 Alpha. Hahha Cant wait to see how big NS2 gets once we drop the advertisement bomb.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And we love you for it!
  • Ge_FreakGe_Freak Join Date: 2010-06-30 Member: 72211Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1784001:date=Jul 26 2010, 01:47 PM:name=hiloboys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hiloboys @ Jul 26 2010, 01:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1784001"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well I work at a video game company<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

May i ask which one?
  • ArcticfoxxArcticfoxx Join Date: 2009-12-11 Member: 69593Members
    That is just incredible. We all need to advertise this the best way we can!
  • mbaxj2mbaxj2 Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72883Members
    The magical power of joe.to is everywhere :D
  • Andrew_e1Andrew_e1 Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33331Members, Constellation
    no way its Valve lol, they should know what natural selection is...plus its getting released through their OWN distribution system and Valve employees already have all of steams games activated...No need to buy anything... lucky them :P
  • BlitzThoseBlitzThose Aberdeen, Scotland Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71342Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1784037:date=Jul 26 2010, 10:02 PM:name=Andrew_e1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andrew_e1 @ Jul 26 2010, 10:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1784037"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->no way its Valve lol, they should know what natural selection is...plus its getting released through their OWN distribution system and Valve employees already have all of steams games activated...No need to buy anything... lucky them :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thats explains the lenghy delay with hl2 ep 3, all those free games must really give productivity a kick in the teeth
  • MrBlipMrBlip Join Date: 2007-05-25 Member: 61011Members
    Hiloboys why do you have joes steam ID in your signature?
  • hiloboyshiloboys Join Date: 2008-05-27 Member: 64340Members
  • ItalianmagicItalianmagic Join Date: 2008-12-13 Member: 65755Members
    freaking awesome story... wish my work was cool like that xD... I just stock produce o.o
  • InkInk Join Date: 2009-08-15 Member: 68499Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1784036:date=Jul 26 2010, 09:02 PM:name=mbaxj2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mbaxj2 @ Jul 26 2010, 09:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1784036"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The magical power of joe.to is everywhere :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Pshh, East coast lawnmowers and OI+J2+cs=lolcantbelieveimstillnostalingoverabananacar.