ns_supersiege004b

GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
edited January 2011 in Mapping Forum
Another update to ns_supersiege004

"D" version Changes:
- Entire map now has location names.
- Made a custom minimap by hand.
- Enlarged the resource node area in the "Double L Corridor" due to stuck issues.
- Changed the sloped ceiling on the sloped hallway to the catwalk room to a flat ceiling (onos no longer has to crouch to walk up it).
- Changed the vent to the pit so it can no longer be feasibly blocked by a single command chair.
- Added air pocket to water pit.
- Fixed misc. clipping bugs (hopefully.)

Download: <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?9v24ifgeabop6n9" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/?9v24ifgeabop6n9</a>

Not sure if I put waypoints in the RAR, they're available upon request though.

Comments

• esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1740785:date=Nov 27 2009, 05:17 AM:name=esuna)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(esuna @ Nov 27 2009, 05:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1740785"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->crap<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dumb.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    Siege maps are what all mappers avoid because they're boring, lacking any real mapping and are just random spam fest for big spammy servers. Not that I validate esuna's opinion, however I lean towards his far left corner.
    <!--quoteo(post=1741967:date=Dec 1 2009, 04:49 PM:name=Thaldarin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thaldarin @ Dec 1 2009, 04:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1741967"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Siege maps are what all mappers avoid because they're boring, lacking any real mapping and are just random spam fest for big spammy servers. Not that I validate esuna's opinion, however I lean towards his far left corner.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well with today's NS servers, you can cater to one of two things:

1. Big spammy servers.
    2. Big bot servers with lots of bots.

I tried to cater to both with this map and it worked out pretty good. I got it on the <BAD> Clan server and they seem to love the map, with even the harshest critics over there saying it was a good siege map (and most of them hate siege.) I also made a bot waypoint file for Whichbot and bots play fairly well on this map and give marines a hard time if they have a build assist at the beginning of the level.

There's really no point in making "real" NS maps anymore, the community has stagnated into mostly CS idiots that love combat, and all of the <i>good</i> NS players I knew left the NS community years ago. Nobody knows how to play NS properly anymore, now it's all about "Hey, how can we finish this game is the quickest way possible?"
    Updated the map again to fix complaints by players. Changelog and download in OP.