NSTALENT forum hosting.

ThrillseekerThrillseeker Join Date: 2007-04-10 Member: 60593Members
edited February 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Forum hosting and more for ns communities/servers.</div>Introduction

Our goal is to provide -1- forum for the biggest servers, and ns communities out there. So whenever you need to complain about a ban, make suggestions on how to improve the server, or anything, you can visit -1- forum instead of having to make accounts on 1-5 forums for your 5 favorite servers. This way we “merge” server forums, and it would be easier to make a statement about the different servers, as you are just some clicks away from commenting/posting in your favorite server(s) forum.

If you want English support for your server, we can provide you this on our forum. If you for example run a server in France, you will most likely have french players, but also a lot of international players as well. We want your server to be liked by international players too, and we don’t want your server to lose regulars because of “lack of support”. We handle the English if you cant.

NS-TALENT Community.

Requirements

* NS or NS2 server (with active players), or an active NS/NS2 community/site.
* Professional behavior.

Benefits

* Free forum hosting.
* Up to date forum with support for social networks and much (!) more.
* Professional forum skins. (paid professional gaming skins to make your community look good!)
* Professional mobile/ipad et.c skins.
* Heavy SEO forum-specific application so that your content will boost rank on search engines.
* English support.
* Server or community listed on our forums. (great advertise)
* Direct link to join your server, your homepage, and your irc channel in forum description.
* A well established community with active and dedicated players.
* A dedicated NS only community.
* Access to our forum Blog application, so you can write news about your community and reach out to the masses.
* File hosting for mapping and modding communities along with a powerful download application. (not yet added but can be on request)
* Image hosting (restricted to NS-related images) using a heavy forum Gallery application. (not yet added but can be on request)

Future services that we are aiming for with our new commerce forum application (<u>not yet available!</u>):

* Sell packages (slot, icon, other server rights etc.) to your players.
* Donation services.
* Donators group with access to exclusive forum.

Read more at: <a href="http://forum.nstalent.org/topic/82-free-forum-hosting-for-ns-servers-and-communities/" target="_blank">http://forum.nstalent.org/topic/82-free-fo...nd-communities/</a>

People running active servers -anywhere- in the world, or an active community may apply. If you plan to start up a server(s) for NS2 or community, you may also apply. Thank you.

I know different locations can cause load trouble on our site, but we are willing to buy CDN for fast delivery of content if needed.

<u>Communities or servers signed up:</u>
NSTALENT
Le Bordel De La Dinde

<u>Showing interest:</u>
N-ICE
Jokerice/NS Legends
-[420]-

Edit: Updated 05/01-2012

Comments

• derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    best ns1 server EVER EVER EVER EVER!!!11

<3 ns talent!

btw good idea, had this yeahrs ago, but we didnt find an financer :| (was planed a LIL bit bigger ^^)
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    Props for providing this service to the community
  • glimmermanglimmerman Join Date: 2004-04-29 Member: 28300Members, Constellation
    edited October 2009
    unlike that other POS thread this one seems to have some merit about it.

Definitely a good idea. I assume aegix will put ausns2 will be in that list.
  • OpprobriousOpprobrious Join Date: 2008-11-17 Member: 65483Members
    I have 90 ping on this European server.

That's better than what I get at <bad> clan.
  • homicidehomicide Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22451Members
    Please remove the bots from your server -.-
  • MikeyTWolfMikeyTWolf Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67665Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1730031:date=Oct 1 2009, 07:07 PM:name=homicide)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (homicide @ Oct 1 2009, 07:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730031"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Please remove the bots from your server -.-<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Try the magic words!

...No, not "Please"! Duh. It's /wb remove and /rc remove!...

... Although some servers don't even allow /wb remove, and RCBot NEVER seems to work in a similar fashion for some reason. :S

Any server not running this basic catchphrase-driven client app should be shot down.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1730038:date=Oct 1 2009, 03:16 PM:name=MikeyTWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MikeyTWolf @ Oct 1 2009, 03:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730038"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Try the magic words!

...No, not "Please"! Duh. It's /wb remove and /rc remove!...

... Although some servers don't even allow /wb remove, and RCBot NEVER seems to work in a similar fashion for some reason. :S

Any server not running this basic catchphrase-driven client app should be shot down.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's more because you join the server expecting it to be full of players and find bots instead. That's worse than finding it empty IMO. If it's just empty it'd have a chance of being added to my favs so I could join when there are at least some people on it. If it's bots I'll never bother adding it becuase I'll never know when real players are on.
  • MuYeahMuYeah Join Date: 2006-12-26 Member: 59261Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1730040:date=Oct 1 2009, 07:19 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locallyunscene @ Oct 1 2009, 07:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730040"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's more because you join the server expecting it to be full of players and find bots instead. That's worse than finding it empty IMO. If it's just empty it'd have a chance of being added to my favs so I could join when there are at least some people on it. If it's bots I'll never bother adding it becuase I'll never know when real players are on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You can add a "Bot" filter to your steam server browser, but some bots apparently don't flag it. I think NSTalent's don't.
  • MikeyTWolfMikeyTWolf Join Date: 2009-06-03 Member: 67665Members
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1730040:date=Oct 1 2009, 07:19 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locallyunscene @ Oct 1 2009, 07:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730040"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's more because you join the server expecting it to be full of players and find bots instead. That's worse than finding it empty IMO. If it's just empty it'd have a chance of being added to my favs so I could join when there are at least some people on it. If it's bots I'll never bother adding it becuase I'll never know when real players are on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually I just right-click on the server list columns (Name/Players/etc.) and enable "Bots", flagging everything with 0 ping running on it (although some servers purposely work around this). It also saves my favourites from being filled with perma-empty servers, and if I wanted to, I could play solo vs. bots until that server gets populated, like I normally do looking for a small game on VH2 servers.

EDIT:

<!--quoteo(post=1730042:date=Oct 1 2009, 07:21 PM:name=MuYeah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuYeah @ Oct 1 2009, 07:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730042"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You can add a "Bot" filter to your steam server browser, but some bots apparently don't flag it. I think NSTalent's don't.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dammit! Ninja'd.

And I checked, but NSTalent has three players and no bots on it based on name/time played. I have seen bot filled "botless" servers before but I don't see any on this list tonight.

In other news, wow. ABLEns.net is filled today. Weren't they lame five minutes ago?
  • ThrillseekerThrillseeker Join Date: 2007-04-10 Member: 60593Members
    Just to clarify about the bots, they will be removed when a round is over and there is over 4 players, and if players drop down to 1, it will auto add bots. And NSTALENT normally have over 4 players (full mostly), so this "bot issue" (if it's an issue at all?) is just in the morning central European time. I don't run many plugins and concentrating on classic only, makes the list plugin list smaller, as servers running combat etc will have laggy mods added. It's not so bad to be an american on our server no, my friend also got like 90-110 ping and he doesn't complain either.

I just hope people stick with the topic, but I'm very happy for your positive feedback don't get me wrong :). Thank you all.
  • GotrxGotrx Join Date: 2003-07-06 Member: 17976Members, Constellation
    yep We sign for this - soon more info about it .

so bump that ###### !@:)
  • CrispyCrispy Jaded GD Join Date: 2004-08-22 Member: 30793Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1730040:date=Oct 1 2009, 08:19 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locallyunscene @ Oct 1 2009, 08:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730040"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's more because you join the server expecting it to be full of players and find bots instead. That's worse than finding it empty IMO. If it's just empty it'd have a chance of being added to my favs so I could join when there are at least some people on it. If it's bots I'll never bother adding it becuase I'll never know when real players are on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Steam > Servers > [Right-Click] NSTALENT#1 > View Server Info > Observe all players are named A B C D E F G, etc.
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1730438:date=Oct 3 2009, 12:52 PM:name=Crispy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crispy @ Oct 3 2009, 12:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730438"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Steam > Servers > [Right-Click] NSTALENT#1 > View Server Info > Observe all players are named A B C D E F G, etc.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank you, i could have said the same, but you saved my time.

To the others with issues: It's better to play against bots (to fill server) than waiting in rr for a 1 on 1 game. Also more people tend to join when they see 12 players/bots, than being "1 of the 1000" servers out there with 0 players. Also we have a very nice system which handles the bots very well. If you rather want to play 1 on 0, or choose a laggy server from another continent, be my guest.
  • AlfadirAlfadir Join Date: 2007-08-29 Member: 62056Members
    edited July 2010
    It's been a long time, so I got a few updates ;)

Removed:

* Conversion service as it will mess up the database with a lot of dead code/emoticon code and so on which is not supported by our software. After all, different forum software different handling systems. If you really want a conversion service, I could always have a look at your database and see if it could be done (without messing up our database) (contact me if you want this). If you've used millions of let's say custom emoticons, I don't have the time to do query replace(field,'code to find','code to replace with'); on all of the code. I feel like I had to explain why we removed this service in general, because it was a huge benefit as you could move your community without losing any content. I again say, if this is very important to you, and if you don't want to start off "fresh" I will have a look at your database, and try clean up things (if it's not too much of a work) before I eventually do a conversion. I made this decision to keep it tidy so we don't get any bad user experience on our forums and lot of trash.

Added:

* Professional mobile/ipad etc. skins.
    * Heavy SEO forum-specific application so that your content will boost rank on search engines.
    * Access to our forum Blog application, so you can write news about your community and reach out to the masses.
    * File hosting for mapping and modding communities along with a powerful download application. (not yet added but can be on request)
    * Image hosting (restricted to NS-related images) using a powerful forum Gallery application. (not yet added but can be on request)

Future services that we are aiming for with our new commerce forum application (not yet available!):

* Sell packages (slot, icon, other server rights etc.) to your players.
    * Donation services.
    * Donators group with access to exclusive forum.
    I've updated the main post. The offer is still available! If anyone is interested in this sort of cooperation, please contact us at <b>nstalent [at] gmail.com</b> . As long as active communities are willing to join, we will be providing the services listed above. I personally think this is a good idea, to have players connected at one forum, instead of making players register on many forums for each server they play on. We plan to have this forum server-based where each server will have it's own personal forum under control by their own moderators (we will not interfere unless global rules are broken). We are also open for any mapping, and modding community as well. Again, please contact us if you are interested.