Transformers 2 Movie

cerberus414cerberus414 Join Date: 2005-05-07 Member: 51098Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
Has anyone had a chance to see the new Transformers movie yet? I am thinking of going today, but the movie is freaking two and a half hours!!! I just don't want it to be a waste of my time. What did you guys think of it?

Comments

• CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    I kinda wanna go see it too, taking the missus next week. Didnt realise it was 2 and a half hours though D:
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    It's the kind of movie where you take your girlfriend along but leave your brain back at home.
  • WitherWither A Bugged Life Join Date: 2002-12-24 Member: 11513Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    I'm sorry but if you're going to see this movie for the plot or storyline, you're dumb. It's a great flick, I loved it. And if I hear anyone else whine about the Twins being racial caricatures I'll flip out.. people are too serious these days.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    The twins reminded me more of Jar Jar Binks than a black stereotypes.
  • sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    I'm in C3's boat but we're going tomorrow.

Megan Fox does nothing for me and the Transformers universe does nothing for me. T1 was enjoyable but I couldn't watch it more than once.

Frustratingly, I can't decide whether Shia LeBoeuf (sp?) is a good young actor or a really annoying young actor.
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed! Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    I promised myself never again after the first one..shia leb######ER WHO CAN'T ACT OH GOD I JUST WANT TO PUNCH HIS SMUG FACE >:(
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    it got like one and a half stars, and the reviewer said the blew stuff up all over the world

I'm gonna watch it for some kick ass CG, some good senseless action, and to see a major corporation troll a bunch of transformer diehards
  • JediYoshiJediYoshi The Cupcake Boss Join Date: 2002-05-27 Member: 674Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1714148:date=Jun 26 2009, 11:06 AM:name=CoolCookieCooks)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoolCookieCooks @ Jun 26 2009, 11:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714148"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I kinda wanna go see it too, taking the missus next week. Didnt realise it was 2 and a half hours though D:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

QFT
  • cerberus414cerberus414 Join Date: 2005-05-07 Member: 51098Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    So I saw the movie, and I honestly think that the CG was by far the best I've seen, ever. The effects were amazing (explosions as well).
    Plot.....meh, but everyone already knew that. Bottom line, it's a good mindless entertainment.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    "Show me on the doll where the man touched your childhood."
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    sometimes I find myself in the mood for some good senseless action that has a semblance of a plot...
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    Don't bother, go see The Taking of Pelham123 instead.
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody&#39;s near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1714312:date=Jun 27 2009, 10:46 AM:name=That_Annoying_Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (That_Annoying_Kid @ Jun 27 2009, 10:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714312"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->sometimes I find myself in the mood for some good senseless action that has a semblance of a plot...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm with TAK on this. Why do we forgive this in a film? In games we don't, especially if they give the impression there's a story there, we expect it to be worthwhile. (Okay, so I'm a total bitter G1 1980's fanboi kid on this, but bear with me) Personally, I find 'mindless' and 'entertainment' to be something of a contradiction.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2009
    You know, there is such a thing as too much CGI/stuff happing onscreen. In this case the transformers are of course CGI (d'oh), but they (the bots) are very cluttered, making the scenes very very cluttered to the point where you lose track of who is fighting who sometimes (same thing as the first flick). Add to this all the jittery camera movements and random explosions and you've got yourself an explosion of pixels coming after you with a vengeance!

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>And how in the hell do those humans survive all this being bashed around like ping pong balls during the entire movie. Too much luck in not getting stomped on or crushed by giant robot is almost to the point of being annoying...</span>

Other then that it was a good BOOM! KABLAM! BIFF! KABOOOM! movie... I think...
  • ZeroByteZeroByte Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3057Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1715828:date=Jul 6 2009, 01:39 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Jul 6 2009, 01:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1715828"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Other then that it was a good BOOM! KABLAM! BIFF! KABOOOM! movie... I think...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I had that same reaction after I came out of the theater all brain numb from the asplodeys.. but afterwards no... I decided it was not very entertaining at all. I can't freaking describe anything that happened in the supposedly glorious robofights. I mean, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHkTa7XcWw0" target="_blank">you can make G1 transformers look good in CG too</a> with the bonus of you can tell what is actually happening. To extract more entertainment after watching the movie, I had to turn to <a href="http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/06/bonus_robs_transformers_2_faqs.php" target="_blank">FAQ's</a> and <a href="http://io9.com/5301898/michael-bay-finally-made-an-art-movie" target="_blank">reviews</a> that take the mickey out of the movie so that I don't regret the tickets too much.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2009
    hehe, that's a good read ZeroByte

Also isn't this a much cooler Devestator then the one in the movie which looks more like a pile of metal trying to resemble some kind of whirlpool of sand sucking maddness?

<a href="http://ghostindustries.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/devastator.jpg" target="_blank">http://ghostindustries.files.wordpress.com.../devastator.jpg</a>

Also(1) anyone else think the name Witwicky is a pun to the oldschool <i>WIHT WICK KIH!</i> Transform sound. A sound we only hear once in either movie (it wasn't even in this one, instead it was in the beginning of Transformers 1)