Anyone still around?

2»

Comments

• Ryo-OhkiRyo-Ohki Join Date: 2009-03-26 Member: 66917Members
    The games I've played so far have been a mixed bag. In a few of them, an obvious greifer got in the chair, built an armoury and then dropped a dozen mines, exited the chair and ran off. He did this in consecutive games despite our pleas otherwise. In the majority of them, an inexperienced or less experienced commander got the job and whilst we didn't do horribly, we still lost. The remainder (definitely a minority) have been with an experienced or competent commander, and these games are the ones that remind me why NS is so damn good. Both sides had a terrific fight and the games went both ways.

Commander choice was and still is vitally important in the Marine team's chances of victory. Whether there are still plenty of good commanders around or in the making is an open question; certainly I haven't seen a huge number, but then again my sample game size is extremely small. If you are a good commander, my advice is to reinstall and get out there; players haven't forgotten how to shoot and with the right orders and buildings victory is very much attainable.
  • -Drake--Drake- -dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ- Join Date: 2003-04-02 Member: 15125Members
    Managed to find my cd key and get this working again !

Had a few nostalgia ridden games this evening and it really hasnt changed much since I last played it.

I still suck at it though :D
  • coilcoil Amateur pirate. Professional monkey. All pance. Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 424Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Brig, you hack. (:

Anyone seen my old model replacements anywhere? ^^
  • PneumaticCrabPneumaticCrab Join Date: 2002-11-28 Member: 10133Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1712367:date=Jun 15 2009, 11:35 AM:name=do0rkn0b)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (do0rkn0b @ Jun 15 2009, 11:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1712367"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->wut?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am just wondering how in the world you just quoted something I wrote over two years ago in two threads. Like in its entirely.

Honestly, I am quite puzzled as how you did it. How did you do it?
  • snozzlesnozzle Join Date: 2003-04-23 Member: 15788Members
    i say we bring back all the 1.04 vets :D (who beta tested) . GEt some real competition going . Granted most of us havent played in year s
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1712719:date=Jun 17 2009, 02:44 PM:name=coil)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coil @ Jun 17 2009, 02:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1712719"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Brig, you hack. (:

Anyone seen my old model replacements anywhere? ^^<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

holycrap coil

yeah they are on my old HDD which headcrashed, along with your chibi set, and infs old sigs

*sigh*
  • WestwoodWestwood Join Date: 2004-07-23 Member: 30057Members
    edited June 2009
    <--- NS Player since 1.04 ;)

Well.. yeah, with long breaks (few months) , but i still love the game!! Great to see a NS 2 HP and Teaser now =) . Never thought that UW will manage to develop a commercial game. I hope they develop OS-Independent, so a Linux Version would be possible to make. (important question for a linux user =) )

Westwood
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Wow.

It's getting olllllllllllld school around here, alright.
  • ChrispersChrispers Join Date: 2007-07-30 Member: 61722Members
    sup guys what's going on in here.

door, you really need to stop playing this game.
  • ckreonckreon Join Date: 2009-06-30 Member: 67977Members
    I just re-installed Half-Life specifically to fire up Natural Selection again - in leu of the sequel :)
  • MopMop Join Date: 2003-06-26 Member: 17707Members
    yeah i am still around
  • Sub_zer0Sub_zer0 Join Date: 2004-05-09 Member: 28569Members
    I also play.. nothing else like it..
  • HeliophobeHeliophobe Join Date: 2003-05-10 Member: 16188Members
    I recognize a few old names around here, but I´m a lurker so no one will remember me. :)
  • Flynazn ToasterFlynazn Toaster Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68023Members
    xD I used to play on a Pub, for fun clan server I believe, [KcK] was it? I need to go back to old man Woody's website to check it out lol.

Reading like the second post I think? -The person who explained that they had alot of restraints keeping them from playing NS- As well as myself, entering into the sophmore year of highschool, I guess real life things are preventing me from playing. I mean I believe I spent my entire 7th grade year playing NS on/off every single day of the year. Except maybe when I was sick and had to stay in bed.

I took a break from NS1 a little ways back as well and, well; turned out to be a longer break then I thought, got back into it, then got back out due to other complications. I Love Natural Selection to Death, and I still explain to my friends that its like Starcraft, Minus Protoss and your Marines are Actual People. & Now I'm Back, hopefully I'll get some money for that Black Armor & Access to the Alpha/Beta Testings Preorder =D
  • boobs!boobs! Old-School Competitor Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8504Members
    edited July 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1710310:date=Jun 4 2009, 05:57 PM:name=Terminotaur)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Terminotaur @ Jun 4 2009, 05:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1710310"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Chris Benoit was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aww term how I miss you guys.

<!--quoteo(post=1713456:date=Jun 22 2009, 08:11 AM:name=snozzle)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snozzle @ Jun 22 2009, 08:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1713456"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i say we bring back all the 1.04 vets :D (who beta tested) . GEt some real competition going . Granted most of us havent played in year s<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hmm the smell of good ole' competition. I'm down, as are the core [ReD] guys ;) Need a beta server admin? haha
  • ToshaxToshax Join Date: 2003-02-05 Member: 13137Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1718491:date=Jul 21 2009, 03:01 PM:name=boobs!)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (boobs! @ Jul 21 2009, 03:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1718491"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Aww term how I miss you guys.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Who are you?
  • boobs!boobs! Old-School Competitor Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8504Members
    You are a rotten person Toe Shocks.