Post YouTube videos plx. Second Encounter.

lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Posts: 9,006Members
edited March 2011 in Off-Topic
That is still all.
I figured it might be time to start this lark up again, and since the old thread is, well, old, and many of the older tags are broken, I figured we'd just start a new thread while we're at it. I'm starting out with Fun With Microwaves, which, incidentally, is not a Youtube video. Sorry.

Edit: Since the thread is only nearing THREE YEARS OLD HOLY ######, now is the time to write a handy tutorial on how the Youtube-tag works. It allows you to embed vidjas, which is neat and fine.

CODE
We will use this URL to demonstrate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utGXF5orynk&feature=related

First, I will split the URL up, like so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=  utGXF5orynk  &feature=related

The center part is what we need, the rest is unimportant. In this case, the important bit is this: utGXF5orynk

Enclose that in [youtube] tags. Open tag and close tag. Like so: [youtube]utGXF5orynk[/youtube]

And presto, you have embedded your Youtube video! If you want to be a total Pimp McFancypants, include the original URL right after the [youtube] tags, so that those so inclined may click upon it rather than with the embedded video. If you do so, strip the garbage from the end, like &feature=related, &feature=player_embedded etc. Also, enclose it in [center] tags so it aligns nicely with the video above it. Remember a space after the open tag so the board still recognizes it as a URL and turns it into a link. Looks nicer that way. Making things look nice makes you a cool person. I know these things. It'll look like this:
[youtube]utGXF5orynk[/youtube] [center] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utGXF5orynk [/center]

If you did everything right, the end result will look like this:

Oh and when you're done, remember to hit preview before you post to check that you did it right. Nothing's worse than ending up with a white box rather than the video you wanted because you ###### it up. Makes you look like an idiot.
Post edited by Unknown User on
Military cemeteries around the world are packed with brainwashed, dead soldiers who were convinced God was on their side.
- George Carlin

Comments

• HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Posts: 4,859Members, Constellation
    There's a youtube video of a rasta tour guide who is pretty far gone in terms of soberness. He's the coolest guy ever. Although I'm not sure it's allowed here.
    apin
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Posts: 9,006Members
    Who cares, post it anyway. No moderator would be so asinine as to lock the thread because of that, they'd just snip it out of your post. Right?
    Military cemeteries around the world are packed with brainwashed, dead soldiers who were convinced God was on their side.
    - George Carlin
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Posts: 3,567Members, Constellation
    I'm gonna post these two because I can never get the damn songs out of my head:

QUOTE(T h e m @ Apr 10 2005, 06:19 AM)
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, elbow to the face.

"It had a very sinister appearance. It had a battery behind it, and wires."

QUOTE(Monkfish @ Jun 30 2008, 03:25)
    I just got banned from a "Christian teamwork server" in BF2142 for knifing one of the server clan snipers and proclaiming "you just got darwin'd"
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Posts: 9,006Members
    Hey, now that we're at it, why don't we learn a little about logical fallacies?

- George Carlin
  • aNytiMeaNytiMe Join Date: 2008-03-31 Member: 64007Posts: 737Members, Constellation
    edited June 2008

You will thank me for this one:

(yes, he really does miss every single basket and then takes the cigarette out of the kid's mouth)
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Posts: 2,436Members, NS2 Playtester, Community Dev Team
    QUOTE(X_Stickman @ Jun 23 2008, 06:23 PM) »
    I'm gonna post these two because I can never get the damn songs out of my head:

Ah those sound so nice...

Those are the kind of youtube videos that motivate me to practice guitar.

QUOTE(aNytiMe @ Jun 23 2008, 07:04 PM) »

Your first one is awesome. Second one is eh.
    [ Rek | Reklys | remedy | remi.D | blu.knight | Psyke | Sky ]
    I have way too many names.
  • aNytiMeaNytiMe Join Date: 2008-03-31 Member: 64007Posts: 737Members, Constellation
    what is a satire
  • Zor2Zor2 Join Date: 2005-01-13 Member: 35341Posts: 213Members, Constellation
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Posts: 4,521Members
    QUOTE(DiscoZombie @ Jun 26 2008, 02:00 AM) »
    [football guy]

What a jackass.
    - George Carlin
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Posts: 2,436Members, NS2 Playtester, Community Dev Team
    QUOTE(lolfighter @ Jun 25 2008, 11:56 PM) »
    What a jackass.

Yeah. Some of it is kind of impressive but the others are on varying levels of obnoxious. Some of them seem funny, others just seem unnecessary.
  • AbraAbra Would you kindly Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19870Posts: 2,166Members
    THIS FORUM IS DEAD, NAZI-SKETCHES UNLOCKED.
    Denmark
    QUOTE (Sky)
    Abra wins the thread.

QUOTE (Cold nite)
    You win at the Internet.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 11,482Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue mod
    edited June 2008
    Create your own whiteboard (if ya have a beamer) or create your own tablet PC if you have a LCD screen.

You just use a wiimote, bluethooth and a homemade infrared pen, it seems to work pretty well (gonnah try it myself as I have spare wiimotes anyway tounge.gif)

Johnny Lee still rules

Forum Admin "guardian of the magic cookiejar" Admin/Moderator I mostly use a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Existence Unknown

98 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Posts: 3,652Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester mod
    edited June 2008

*hums along*

originally from Discovery Channel?

image Proud Dutchman image
    Join the Natural Selection IRC channel: #naturalselection on irc.gamesurge.net!
    QUOTE(Zaggy @ Jun 27 2008, 08:11 AM) »
    <song>

*hums along*

<cat>

I believe you win. Twice.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Posts: 8,204Forum Moderators, Constellation mod
    Well-made Alyx model replacement
    Dunno how to embed the high-quality versions, so have a link instead, then click the 'watch high quality' link.
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Posts: 5,835Members

All the stuff in there is of the actual car and NOT CG. Sadly that's the only one they're making for now; it's not going into production =o
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 11,482Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue mod
    Not a youtube, but should/could be one

http://cacti.deviantart.com/art/Run-Goomba-Run-87634643

Forum Admin "guardian of the magic cookiejar" Admin/Moderator I mostly use a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Existence Unknown

98 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Posts: 3,652Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester mod
    edited July 2008

beardman knows how to make musichs :o
    image Proud Dutchman image
    Join the Natural Selection IRC channel: #naturalselection on irc.gamesurge.net!
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Posts: 2,812Members, Constellation
    I'm gonna post a bunch because that's how I roll.
    I apologize in advance if any of these were taken from this very forum. I just don't remember where I get them from.

Keep in mind this video is called "The Medic". Not "The Soldier". It gets a bit slow in the middle. But I had a good laugh at the very end (with about a minute of leadup)

This one doesn't actually get funny until about 3 minutes in. So skip it if ye have little faith.

WE'LL DO IT LIVE! for those that haven't seen it.
    Zoc.php FTW
    "Build a tent and say the world is dry." -Tay Zonday
    QUOTE([WHO]Them @ Jul 4 2008, 11:46 AM) »

[melting bunny video]

That is so creepy. D:
    - George Carlin
  • AbraAbra Would you kindly Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19870Posts: 2,166Members
    Who the snakehands hires Bill O'reilly?
    Denmark
    QUOTE (Sky)
    Abra wins the thread.

QUOTE (Cold nite)
    You win at the Internet.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Posts: 8,204Forum Moderators, Constellation mod
    edited July 2008

Paintball sentry. Reminds me of the Laptop Gun.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Posts: 4,021Members, Constellation
    QUOTE(Align @ Jul 8 2008, 03:18 PM) »

That link is borken for me. Anyone else?
    QUOTE (Flayra @ Mar 28 2007, 09:21 PM) »
    It's not an easy balance to achieve, but we do want to make a game that will be both the best competitive game since Starcraft and also one that many people can enjoy casually without being in a clan or an experienced or knowledgeable NS player. That's the goal at least!

- NS in game name - tilde - My Steam Id Page - .
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Posts: 5,835Members
    nope, doesn't work for me either =o
    derp, fixed

The original URL had a bunch of prefixes which I still don't know what they were.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Posts: 4,021Members, Constellation
    QUOTE(Align @ Jul 8 2008, 03:18 PM) »

Neat. How long before we can play RL TF2?

"Spy Sappin' mah paintball sentry!"
    QUOTE (Flayra @ Mar 28 2007, 09:21 PM) »
    It's not an easy balance to achieve, but we do want to make a game that will be both the best competitive game since Starcraft and also one that many people can enjoy casually without being in a clan or an experienced or knowledgeable NS player. That's the goal at least!

- NS in game name - tilde - My Steam Id Page - .
    QUOTE(locallyunscene @ Jul 9 2008, 08:54 AM) »
    Neat. How long before we can play RL TF2?

"Spy Sappin' mah paintball sentry!"

We need invisibility cloaks first.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Posts: 3,365Members
    edited July 2008

helping bring perspective and learning since the olde days

<jenny> What's the plural of 'Onos'?
    <Mexican> For a while, I thought it was 'Oh ######'!

Vote on your Ideas/Suggestions!
    http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....howtopic=125347
    "This is Harold. You are glad that you are not Harold."
    - George Carlin