All you need to know about installing it
This tutorial was originally posted on The UGL Forums
by UGL-dod|Dave (now retired).
mIRC Guide by UGL-dod|Dave for mIRC 6.14
Download and install mIRC
1) Go to http://www.mirc.com/get.html
and pick a location to download from
2) Download the file, run the .exe
3) Click Next button
4) Click the Yes button
5) Choose your install directory and make sure all three boxes are checked
6) Click InstallConnecting to a server and joining channels
1) Launch mIRC
2) Fill out your Full name, E-mail, Nickname and alternative nickname.
Note: Nickname is what is shown when you talk, and alternative nickname is what is used when your first nickname is in use already
3) Connect to the server by using the /server command, so you would connect to GameSurge by using
this is the server that UGL conducts all our business on
4) When a new window pops up click the 'Pop up favorites on connect' box so that it is not checked
5) Click ok
6) Join a channel by using
/j #channelname or /join #chan1,#chan2,#chan3 for multiple channelsAuthenticating with AuthServ
1) After you have joined a channel, you must first create an AuthServ account before you can register your channel as required by UGL.
2) To do this go to Gamesurge's create an account page
and fill out the required information. Follow their instructions and check your email.
3) You are now authenticated with AuthServ. If you disconnect from GameSurge though, you must re-auth.
4) To do this type "/AuthServ auth account password
" with no quotation marks in the status window.
Note: You must use the same account and password as you use when you signed up
5) You must authenticate every time that you join GameSurge if you want access to your channel, but there is a much easier way which i will talk about next.Using the perform option in mIRC
This is used to automatically run commands when you connect to a server
1) Click View > Options > Expand Connect > Options > Click Perform
2) Make sure the check box 'Enable perform on Connect' is enabled
3) Click the add button
4) Scroll down to GameSurge (its in alphabetical order)
5) Highlight it and click ok
6) Now you can type what ever commands you want to use when you join GameSurge
Example: I want to join #daveisaniceguy when ever I join GameSurge and I want to auth to account Dave with pass Dave09823 I would use a perform line something like this:
/AuthServ auth Dave Dave09823
/join #daveisaniceguy Registering a channel with GameSurge
Once you have a few of your clan members in your channel, (Note: Your channel can be called anything
you like as long as it doesn't have cuss words in it, and it is not taken. Using the /join command
to join a channel that hasn't been created yet will simply create it. ) you can go ahead and register
your channel with GameSurge. All you need to do is join #registration (/join #registration) and tell
them the name of the channel that you want to register.
Note: When you start mIRC, you have to type /server irc.gamesurge.net or /s gamesurge
And that is the jist of it. For more help on this subject you can
1) Type /help subjecthere and that will give you a lot of help on mIRC commands
2) Ask for help in #help
3) Ask me (UGL-dod|Dave)
4) Ask in #script
(use this option last though, because some of the people can be fairly rough to new IRC users )Some Natural Selection IRC channels on GameSurge.net are: #naturalselection, #nsserver, and #findnsscrim.