The Official Release Topic
Burncycle Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9759Members, NS1 Playtester Posts: 2,290
edited January 2007 in NS Customization
Check here for the current and past releasesONLY POST 3.2-COMPATIBLE MODELS HERE.
Ok, here are the rules! This is a topic for you to post your RELEASES ONLY. No works in progress, no requests, not even a "hey, that's pretty good." Only releases.
(Note: if your model was released before this thread existed, PLEASE post it here! This is for *all* releases, not just new ones.)
When you have a model to release, here's what you should do:
- Make sure the work is yours. Should be a no-brainer, but if a modeller/team says they do not want their work used for other stuff, you should respect that. For starters, your dishonor will be made public. Second, if I see someone take models from another mod team that has already stated it does not want its art assets used in other works, I will personally contact that mod team and ask them how you are to be dealt with. Example: If they say tempban, you will get tempbanned. As such, complaints about overly-harsh punishments are to be e-mailed or PMed to the original model's creator as if you were complaining to an Admin of this board. -- Marik_Steele
- Make a nice readme for it. See Coil's suggestions for creating a readme.
- Zip everything up. Please use zips; not everyone has figured out that WinRAR is a much better program than WinZip. (;
- Host it somewhere - preferably a site that's not going to go down for lack of bandwidth (e.g. Geocities, Angelfire are *bad ideas*).
- Make a new topic, titled something like [mrel]Flowerpot O-Chamber. In this topic, you should have the appropriate credits to the creators, and you can put a link to the download, screenshots, a description, etc.
- Make a post in this forum. This post must include a link to the topic you made. You may also include a *short* description, an additional link directly to a download, and *one* (1) image, which may be no larger than 320x240 pixels. Nothing else. No shout-outs, no attached files, nothin.
Staff members are not responsible for any broken links, especially to direct downloads. Please contact the appropriate individual via Private Message if you are interested in a broken link.
Marine models & skins
Marine weapons & items
Marine sprites & misc
Alien models & skins
Alien building models
Alien sprites and misc
Miscellaneous models, sprites, etc
Post edited by Unknown User on