I'm thinking of writting a script...
I'm thinking of writting an AMX Mod X script that will do the following:
* Allow the user to do a `/report <email address>` in the console and that will give him the current list of players and let the admin know how to contact them.
- In that list, all *red* players will be considered reported as hacking by someone already
- In that list, all *white* players will be those not reported.
- Selecting someone from the list will give them a question: Do they have a demo?"
* When reported, this script will insert an entry into a MySQL table. It will contain the following:
- Reporters Steam ID
- Reporters Alias
- Reporters Email Address
- Eleged Hackers Steam ID
- Eleged Hackers Alias
- Server Name
- Verified [So an admin will know if this instance has already been investigated or not)
Now, those that have PHP (or some dynamic language) could *easily* query the database and have it do events, like email someone or IM someone, depending on the capabliity of the language.
You would setup a cron job (or scheduled task) to parse the database for new entries and then do as you wish however often you want. I would probably suggest once every 5 minutes.
I'm thinking of writting this becuase I *hate* leaving a server with a demo to post on the forums, come back and the server is full. It takes just long enough to get kicked by being idle.
This also gives other players the ability to help -- or whomever ou choose to help. This would allow your regulars (those you trust a little more than the anonymous players) players to help -- or something.
Would anyone use this? (ie, is this worth my time?)