I've seen other communities do this with HL mods recently so i figured it would be interesting to see what the NS community of mappers are capable of.
1) Must be only a small area or room of one of the official NS levels. Don't try to reproduce whole levels, think small like a neatly lit hallway or looking out a window with a 3d skybox and source displacements.
2) Level design does not have to be a brush by brush reproduction of the room, but the overall size, scope and "feel" of the room\area should stay consistent with the original.
3) MUST use half-life2\CS:S textures or other custom textures\models. Also check the "source texture remake project" to see if there's any that you want to use. Basically, you cannot use the original low quality ones in NS.
3) Must be compiled with the Source SDK and screenshots released in this thread. A good image host is www.imageshack.us. Before and after shots are required on the final entry. Something like a collage of before and after would be an idea, or just have a side by side sort of thing .
4) Contest has been extended till August 19th!, let see what you got! At the end of the contest I can probably get this turned into a poll and your final submission screenshots should have your forum name on the picture(s) somewhere so we can vote for the winner. The winner receives eternal praise and free condiments (ketchup and mustard only) for life. Also a giant cookie might be included, and I mean GIANT!