Free-look Controls In Demo

BookhaBookha Join Date: 2005-03-11 Member: 44758Members
Well, the problem is that i can't look around using mouse while watchig demo. Only turn left/right and look up/down keys are avalible. This is rather uncomfortable.

Comments

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    No way to fix it, unfortunately. It's just the way HLTV works with the NS interface.
  • BookhaBookha Join Date: 2005-03-11 Member: 44758Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-fanatic+Mar 11 2005, 08:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (fanatic @ Mar 11 2005, 08:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> No way to fix it, unfortunately. It's just the way HLTV works with the NS interface. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think that problem is not in HLTV but in NS itself.
    Wen spectate its also imposible to look around with mouse.
    With such controls it's difficult to create intresting movie....

...But how did they create NS3.0 trailer?
  • GoDlolGoDlol Join Date: 2005-01-08 Member: 33703Members
    I think most of the footage was first person in the trailer, he just did a nice job of cutting out the teeth/health bar and what not, made you think it was from some different angle.
  • weywey Cineastè Join Date: 2003-06-01 Member: 16910Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    exactly. Most of the footage was 1st person with removed hud sprites. The camera movements at the beginning were done with the keyboard controls (and simple scripts). It's not very comfortable, but it works.
  • SwiftSwift Lost Keys Join Date: 2005-02-19 Member: 41683Members, Constellation
    Wow, what an interesting demo, a lerk flying around recording and getting capped every 5 mins trying to record the action.