Sign ups and Rules here
The Werewolf Game is a game played over forums, it is similar to "Mafia" which you may or may not have played in real life. I have seen this become insanely popular on another forum I talk on, and I am starting it here on NS.
This is not your standard forum game, it involves a high deal of critical thinking as you will need to use a lot of strategy to outwit your opponents in order to win the game for your team.Overview
The game is played in two phases, daytime and night. One quarter of the players are wolves, and they know who each are and must work together. Everyone else is a human. Over the night the wolves will choose a player whom they want to kill and will PM the host (for the first game me), with their choice. During the night phase no-one is allowed to post. In the morning, everyone wakes up and will learn which person died overnight. It is up to everyone for the day phase to vote a person to lynch, who and how can be discussed through interesting forum conversation and AIM/IRC chat. It is not known who is a human or wolf until the game ends.The humans
have several special ranks. Guardian
- Every night the guardian will PM the host with the name of one person they want to protect. If the wolves choose to kill that person during the night, their kill will be unsuccessful in the morning.Seer
- Every night the seer will PM the host with the name of one person they want information on. The host will reply back telling him that person is a human or wolf. Obviously this is a powerful tool, so the seer should think carefully about who they choose to gain information about.Psychic
- Every night the host will PM the psychic with how many wolves are remaining in the game. The psychic will be the only one who will know if a wolf was lynched.
Obviously, you don't want to make it obvious if you have special role or the wolves will have a perfect target to kill.
Humans win when all the wolves have been lynched.
Wolves win when all the humans are dead.
The nitty gritty rulesInstalynch
- An instalynch happens when a player has more than 50% of the votes against him at one point
. An instalynch will cause the current day to insta-end, without an instalynch the day will end at a set, predetermined time.Phantom votes
- If a player fails to vote during the day phase, he will have a phantom vote against him. A phantom vote is 0.001 of a normal vote. An instalynch will require you to have more than 50% of the votes
. Meaning having a phantom vote against you can cost the game for you. 16 players and 8 votes against you is not grounds for instalynch. that's 8.000 votes. 8 votes and one phantom votes against you is instalynch. That's 8.001 votes, more than 50%.
This is only applicable for the first phantom vote. The second and up phantom vote for the day will count as a full vote each. (1 phantom vote = 0.001 2 phantom votes = 1.001 5 phantom votes = 4.001)How to vote
- When voting. Put your votes in bold.
(I think Freak83
is a wolf.) Not putting your votes in bold will count as having not voted, and a phantom vote will be cast against you. Before the day ends, and an instalynch has not occured. You can change your vote, make a new post to do so. Do not edit your old post.
Sending your votes to the host over AIM or IRC does not count as a vote. It must be on the forum thread in bold.
Forms of cheating can be any as follows,
- Showing a player a TWG PM to confirm humanity.
- Imitating a host or player
- The dead talking to the living. If you're dead you stay dead.
Cheating will result in your immidiate death in the game, not counting as the days lynch. You may also be banned from future TWG's depending on the circumstances.Important
- If you are not playing in the game. Do not post in the thread.
- If you are dead you may no longer post, some last words are all right as long as suspicions are not revealed.
- No posting during the night. You're sleeping.
- The IRC channel #ns-twg on irc.gamesurge.net will be locked for each game, and the password given to all the players and the host. Please stay in the channel if you are playing, as it will help communication tremendously.
- Feel free to post AIM/IRC logs, as long as they do not violate any of the above rules
- During game play, do not edit your posts for any reason. Double post if you have to.
Obviously a large portion of this game is played on the honour system. I very much hope everyone will enjoy this, have fun, and not cheat. I will request moderators to help keep the TWG thread spam free from people who are not playing, though hopefully this should not be a problem.
The first 14 people to sign up with a post count over 100 (exceptions may be made if you're well enough known)
will be eligible to play. NS staff members included of course if they can get there first.
Sign ups will end on Saturday at 8:00 PM EST
if 14 people have signed up by that point. Can a moderator please lock this thread then if there are 14.
Roles will be given out via PM and they will be randomly generated
after sign ups have taken place and I will start a new thread shortly after to begin the game. The first phase will be night and the wolves, guardian, and seer will send their PM's to me at that point before the day phase will begin.
Players can not be carried into future games. It will always be on a first-come first-serve basis
. The only person who may be guarenteed a spot in the next game if he wishes is the host from the previous game. Next host can be discussed at the end of each game.
Activity is good, if you don't think you can come by and at least make a couple of posts a day, this game is probably not for you.
For this game there will be three wolves, one guardian, one seer, one psychic. The theme will be posted when the game starts.
Once again, IRC channel is #ns-twg on irc.gamesurge.net and will be locked and passwords given to players when the game begins.
Players: Game is full
4. im lost
11. Nil IQ
12. The Necroscope
Q: Do phantom votes stay throughout the game?
A: You keep your phantom vote throughout the game.
Q: What happens if someone gets instalynched and someone else gets instalynched due to a phantom vote.
A: You can not be instalynched through phantom votes and regular votes. Someone is going to have to get voted off first.
Q: Can the guardian choose to protect themselves?
A: The guardian can not protect themself.
Q: What happens if a day ends and two people have equal votes?
A: If two people have equal votes by the end of a day with no previous phantom votes against them, it will be random who dies that night.
Q: How long is a "day"?
A: Days typically are set for about 2-3 real days. You'll have ample time to post regardless of your time zone. A night is 24 hours maximum.
Q: Can we call the roles different things? (Human = TSA, wolf = Kharra, etc.)
A: This all varies with the theme of the game. The theme is decided by the host, as are the names of the ranks. For TWG I they are remaning as is to fit with the whole theme of "werewolves."