Chat Autoexec.cfg Help

MrStolpeMrStolpe Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30090Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I need help with multi line say.</div> I'm having problems with the text limit and i was wondering is there a way to have 2 lines at once.

See Quotes05 when ever that comes up the text gets cut off

The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nob

Is there a way to fix this?

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->alias Quotes Quotes01

alias Quotes01 "say I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins. - Jack Handey; alias Quotes Quotes02"
alias Quotes02 "say This is for all you new people, I only have one rule, everyone fights, no one quits if you don't do your job i will shot you do you get me?; alias Quotes Quotes03"
alias Quotes03 "say Come on you apes! You want to live forever?; alias Quotes Quotes04"
alias Quotes04 "say You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.; alias Quotes Quotes05"
alias Quotes05 "say The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy.say Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a **** whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? - Dennis Miller; alias Quotes Quotes01"<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->

Comments

• Evil_IceEvil_Ice Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29827Members, Squad Five Blue
    You know they put in the text limit for a reason right? That whole spam evasion thing, and not to mention that this is seems alot like exploitation to me...
  • MrStolpeMrStolpe Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30090Members
    Its not spam, this can also ge used for other things.
  • VerthandiVerthandi Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10687Members, NS1 Playtester
    edited July 2004
    Split quote #5 into two 'say' commands, and separate them with a 'wait'.

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->alias Quotes05 "say The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy.  Nobody's out to get you.; wait; say Nobody gives a **** whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? - Dennis Miller; alias Quotes Quotes01"<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->
    edited July 2004
    I can't seem to get the wait command to work.
    It's probably working, but the server is not showing the second line of text. There's a limit on how fast text from a client is displayed, to prevent chat-flooding.
    Any other way or maybe make it wait 1 sec or something
    You could use about multiple 'wait's, but this is <b>not recommended</b>.

A workaround would be to split it into two separate lines (i.e. Quotes5 and Quotes6).
    Thats what i was going to do before i came here. hmm.