if you didn't see it in beta disc. Update! Video and full screenshot archive available!!!!!
There is a glow effect mod for Half-Life that makes the game look really, really good. There's a thread in Beta Discussion about it right now. A link to it is at the bottom of this post.
A few facts about this effect:
- Yes, it does lower fps, drastically in some cases. About a 20 fps drop from normal.
- However, the effects are controlled by the user. You can turn off the blur effects ingame if you want, or you can turn them to ultra-trippy mode. It's completely client-side (although the server must have matching dlls, for consistency)
- While it makes the outdoor maps of CS and other mods extremely glowy and hard to look at, NS maps, which are enclosed are great. The monitors and lights glow with a realistic look.
- Muzzleflashes and explosions look absolutely amazing.
- The muzzleflash on page 4 is big because the sprite is messed up on my computer. Repeat, the size of the muzzleflash is NOT due to the mod, it is due to my own modelling ineptitude!http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/in...showtopic=72930
Screenshots start at the bottom of page 2.The video is here!!!!!Glowmod Bink Video.exe
^ here's the video. It's a bink video, hence the .exe. Don't worry, it's not a virus, I wouldn't do something like that.
** During the video, I switch from no blur, to average blur, to excessive blur once or twice. This happens near the hologram machine. It's not a glitch in the video or the mod; this is me showing you what it looks like with and without the effects.Full screenshot archive!!!
Now I can stop raping the forum's bandwidth by attaching images. Here you can find all ... uh, 160 or so pictures from a bunch of maps.Screenshot archiveTHANKS TO (currently banned) URANIUM 235 FOR THE HOSTING!!!
Also zazi hosts the hosting, so thank you too.
Thanks to zazi and mouse for ns_widow and ns_hydrosity, respectively.