Welcome to hell
I might set up a new RPG have a look and PM me if you interested. The RPG will be free roaming and you will make the story. Not everyone will be on the same side and all non-combat classes are just a valued as those who fight.
Have a look and tell me what you think.Background
The year is unknown. Earth is rebuilding after World War Three. Over 5 billion died in that war and the survivors were forced under ground or into hives to avoid the radioactive fall out.
The nuclear winter that ensured wiped out all crops turning fertile lands into barren waste. The radiation caused mutations in all living things. In humans mutants emerged. The survivors killed what ones they could find. Some mutations were more subtle. Unlocking the human psychic they developed telekinesis, clairvoyance or telepathic powers. These ‘Psykers’ were or great use to the human race and put to use.
Our story starts in a hive called Nostromo. It’s location irrelevant, all borders were dissolved, and the names of countries are now long forgotten in the winds of time.
The hive a structure built like a spire several miles high. Shielded from the radiation and sealed from the outside world. Each hive is self sufficient.
At the top of the hive live the upper class aristocracy. They run and rule the lawful upper hive. The ruling families have a council which each of the 12 families have a seat on. With the power of ‘seerers’ (Psykers who can see into the future), they decide on the day to day running of the hive.
Many of the rules families are corrupt. Their selfish and extravagant lifestyles provided by the labour of the lower class workers and slaves.
The mid section of the hive is inhabited by middle class peoples. Mostly those of a trade like merchants, doctors and lawyers.
The hives are policed by Enforcers. They are judge, jury and executioners. They are merciless individuals. Unwavering in loyalty and incorruptible. No one is above their scrutiny. Although few in number when an Enforcer needs back up he will call on the local precinct to provide backup in the form of Marshals. Marshals also deal with the lesser crimes that happen in the Hive. They are the police force.
The lower hive is mainly full of recycling plants and water and air purifiers. These are the industrial heart of the hive. Operated by labourers. They live in cramped environments. Often downtrodden and mistreated by the ruling families. These people form the backbone of the hive. Without them it would cease to run.
Beneath the ground the hive continues into the lawless depths and sewer systems.
Few venture down to these reaches and fewer return. Down in those levels gangs operate and run the lower hive. Gang fights and riots constantly break out. The law of the upper hive mean nothing. Not even the brutality of the Enforcers is recognised. Their uniform may earn them respect in the upper hive, but down in the under-hive it makes them a target.
The hive is currently divided between those who want to leave and set up a life on the land they deserted many centuries ago and those who want to stay. For if the workers were to leave the hive would quickly come to a stand still and the rules families would lose their power.
The future of the hive is in your hands.ClassesCombatAssassin
– Assassin are hired out by all sorts. They eliminate members of the ruling families to lowly gangers.Bounty Hunter
– Bounty Hunters are hired when the target is needed alive. Enforcers use them in the under hive, a place where the law can’t go. To bring in those they see a threat. These could be preachers of freedom or people evading the law.Ganger
– Gang members only have respect for one thing, power. They all crave it and form up with others to fight for control of the under hive.Marshal
– These are the police officers of the Hive. Some are on the take from the ruling families or the gangers. Most are straight. Woe betide and Marshal caught not doing his duty be an Enforcer. They have access to some of the best weapons in the hive.Mutant
– Mutants are hated thought the hive. They can only find refuse in the under hive. Some with less noticeable mutations can get away with living in the lower or middle hive. They have mutations of all sorts, some even have psychic powers.Pit Fighter
– Pit fighters are usually forced into their line of work by gangers. Pit fights are held regularly in the under hive. Plenty of money is placed on these fights and many are rigged. The fights are broadcasted though out the hive and it is said some fighters are sponsored by the ruling families.Thief
– Thieves are common in the lower and under hives. Many steal for a living. The best raid the houses of the ruling families. Then lay low in the lower or under hive. Most work for or have connections with gangers or corruptMerc
- Mercenaries work for the highest bidder. They supply their own weapons. And get the job done or die trying.Other
, if you want a job you name it. I will sort out the details with you.Non-CombatAlchemist
– Alchemist are dedicated to find an infinite energy source. In the process they study chemicals and their properties. An Alchemist may make potions and healing balms out of the things he finds and sell them. He may also recognise and detect certain substance in and around the hive.Engineer
– Engineers build and maintain the hive. Their knowledge passed down through generation to generation. Some radical engineers even build knew or improve on existing machines. Though this is frowned apron by the puritan engineers. Both engineers have an understanding and affinity with machinery. They are able to operate the mag-lift trains that run thought the Hive. And may build or modify weapons and equipment for a price.Healer
– Doctors, medics and nurses. All are healers who have and understanding of biology and the human body. They are able to administer first aid and cure most disease that lurk in the hives ageing water tanks and ventilation systems. Some charge for their services.Miner
– Miners have an innate sense of direction and demolitions. They know how to bring down something with the minimum effort. They are practical people who take pride in there work. They receive a stable salary as they are the ones who mine the coal to fuel the hive.Pysker
– Many Pysker develop their powers in their teens. A Pysker must be trained for or is a danger to society. If their powers are not tamed they will run wild. Slowly destroying the Pysker and everything around him. Pysker specialise in different branches. And although physically weak the power they posses is a most potent weapon.… Smith
- Smiths buy and sell. Some things they build other goods are scavenged. Smiths can also modify what they find.Other
, if you want a job you name it. I will sort out the details with you.Edit - Renamed the Hive.