*Following Discussion Rules
Nemesis said come here, so I came here. Maybe there's some genuine feedback here.
Anyways, I complained about it in my other post, and I'm trying not to complain as much in this post. The sequence of events are as follows in the last game I played (co_pulse).
1. Join game as marines six minutes in. Marines lose.
2. Game restarts, and I join marines again.
3. Game starts, and marines kinda
group up and go after the hive.
4. I was in the back of the group of four. Two skulks come around the corner and attack. I try to fire at them, but the other marines step in the way.
5. The skulks wipe out the first marine before we can kill them. Another skulk jumps out from around the corner and kills another marine.
6. We reach the hive, and its empty. (Wow, I wonder where they are.)
7. We begin destroying the hive when we get spawned on by three skulks, and end up dead.
8. I respawn back at the hive and the skulks rush us. They jump off walls, rush around corners when backs are turned, and kill about half us off.
9. Before the people can respawn again they rush again killing the rest of us off. It was about 8v5.
10. One person respawns.
11. He gets killed.
12. Another person spawns.
13. He gets killed too.
14. Another person spawns.
15. He gets killed too.
That was at about 2:30. Some of us had shotguns, but it wasn't enough. To successfully defend our hive we would have needed to spawn all together, or in groups. Of course we didn't, we spawned one at a time and got jumped and slaughtered.
The game ended at around 3:15, and the next game ended around 2:00 because we got owned even worse. All the aliens think told us it isn't the game, it's us; and that we suck, we are the ones that lose the game. That's not the truth at all, there isn't anything we can do when we spawn one at a time.
Obviously aliens in movie rush uncontrolably and massively, but this isn't a movie; and unless one of us can be some sort of hero that doesn't die, then we need to stray from the movie stereotype a bit. Just lower our spawn time, and the game won't be as bad.
I'll try and include a demo in my next post.