[sp] Natural Selection Source Code

amckernamckern Join Date: 2003-03-03 Member: 14249Posts: 969Members, Constellation
Read if interested
Hey alls

Cleaning up my computer

If any of you want the code to topic title, then please leave a reply.

All the stuff is there; you just need maps, and find some web space to put the end product

amckern
No Frils!

Comments

• JezpuhJezpuh Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15157Posts: 4,109Banned
    For those that can't read minds and know what [sp] means.
    amckern had this little project to make a single player NS.
    Unfortunally, he had to stop this.

So my guess is that he is willing to give us his source code.

(be a little more specific next time)
    DANGER ALERT SYSTEMS
    mp_bs 0 ;D
  • amckernamckern Join Date: 2003-03-03 Member: 14249Posts: 969Members, Constellation
    tounge.gif now i got no fun

amckern

No Frils!
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Posts: 2,533Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    QUOTE (JezPuh @ Jan 19 2004, 06:28 AM)
    For those that can't read minds and know what [sp] means.
    amckern had this little project to make a single player NS.
    Unfortunally, he had to stop this.

So my guess is that he is willing to give us his source code.

(be a little more specific next time)

Thanks Jez, I was like... *WTH* confused.gif

Sorry I don't code, so it would be useless to me.

~ DarkATi
  • SamRSamR Join Date: 2002-09-30 Member: 1382Posts: 552Members
    Why did you HAVE to stop this? Did they shut you down?! tounge.gif
  • amckernamckern Join Date: 2003-03-03 Member: 14249Posts: 969Members, Constellation
    nope

i did all the code, got all the models, got all the media, turned around, and was like WTH, where did all the mappers go...

amkern

No Frils!
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Posts: 1,884Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    im interested, if you want to give me a copy
    I ain't as good as I once was. Baseline Tech Support |NS2 on Linux | :D
  • Rendy_CZechRendy_CZech Life is a Koan Join Date: 2003-10-11 Member: 21608Posts: 470Members
    Hmm I think It can be used my map Ns_hulk to be splitted in smaller pieces and used like singleplayer maps.
    Playing NS since 1.0
    image <- Highly addictive elements!!
    Maps:
    ns_Hulk
    co_Overmind
  • ShenTraXShenTraX Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22434Posts: 662Members, Constellation
    do you need mappers?

With the right people, you could make this a real deal....

Did you loose all the mappers that had said they would help, or what?
    had that sig for years. lame baleet.
  • PlaguebearerPlaguebearer Join Date: 2002-03-21 Member: 338Posts: 765Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    I'd certainly be interested in mapping for a project like this...
  • ShenTraXShenTraX Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22434Posts: 662Members, Constellation
    edited January 2004
    Plaguebearer Posted on Jan 21 2004, 03:37 PM

I'd certainly be interested in mapping for a project like this... 

ditto
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MrBenMrBen ns_eclipse, ns_veil caretaker Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8575Posts: 1,119Members
    edited January 2004
    Don't do it plague, amckern will assimilate you!
    nL-Benjamin - Periodic map contributor, forum troll, retired arrogant clanner and commanding guru.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Posts: 6,132Members, Constellation
    QUOTE (Mr.Ben @ Jan 21 2004, 03:17 PM)
    Don't do it plague, amckern will assimilate you!

Assimilation was done by the Borg to seek perfection, as I understand if Amckern was to assimilate anyone it would be going against the motivation of perfection. It would be more like two box roomes connected by a box vent with 2 lights ^_^
    blah blah blah
  • MrBenMrBen ns_eclipse, ns_veil caretaker Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8575Posts: 1,119Members
    So whatever happens this is doomed to suckiness.... oooooh.
    nL-Benjamin - Periodic map contributor, forum troll, retired arrogant clanner and commanding guru.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
  • ReeseReese Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16143Posts: 701Members
    QUOTE (Mr.Ben @ Jan 21 2004, 04:11 PM)
    So whatever happens this is doomed to suckiness.... oooooh.

The idea behind it isn't all that bad. A single player version of NS would be kind of cool in a way. I think it would be even better if it had really really good custom map support. That way we could do a standard "Marine campaign" and also make a "little gorgie that could" map pack. smile.gif

In reality though it is an interesting idea. More interesting to me would be the ability to command using the bots of the game. Lot of work, but it would be a good place to get practice before jumping in a pub chair and getting reamed for not performing like you are a computer. tounge.gif
    Needs more cowbell
  • bull3tbull3t Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19347Posts: 20Members
    send me it bull3t@kingmaker-mod.com
  • oOTOooOTOo Join Date: 2003-04-11 Member: 15401Posts: 210Members
    edited January 2004
    QUOTE (amckern @ Jan 20 2004, 01:16 AM)
    nope

i did all the code, got all the models, got all the media, turned around, and was like WTH, where did all the mappers go...

amkern

I remember that. But it was just before summer holidays (in North hemisphere), and we were all quite a bit busy. I was interested in it, but didn't understand what is was really involving (i mean : what i should have expected about this project, in playable terms and coding skills) so i paused my part in it. I know you know how to code, amckern, but i don't realize what a sp mode means (in term of results), what it's possible to do. It wasn't clear.
    Proud official translator of the Mapping Guidelines in french language. Go go mapping !
    well if anyone is going to continue this project, i'm sure there are many who would help with mapping.

They have teams for map remakes, there could be a team for a SP version