Hammer,Batch Compiler,HLFix,MapBackup,&c Download
First of all you're going to need some files... so download the following and put them somewhere you can access them easily Hammer: http://collective.valve-erc.com/data/docs/.../hammer_v34.exeHammer 3.5 Beta Upgrade: http://collective.valve-erc.com/data/docs/...testbuild04.zipBatch Compiler: http://countermap.counter-strike.net/Nemes...iler300beta.exeBC Specification File (right-click and save-as): http://countermap.counter-strike.net/Nemes...x%20OptPlns.bcsXP-Cagey's Compile Tools: http://xp-cagey.com/downloads/zhlt_1.7p15.zipMerl's Map Backup Util: http://collective.valve-erc.com/data/docs/...s/mapbackup.zipHLFix: http://extension.ws/hlfix/hlfix081b.zip
That's all the files you're going to need at the moment.Install
1) Run the Hammer installer, install it wherever you would like.
2) Extract the Hammer 3.5 Beta executable and copy it into the Hammer folder, replacing the one that is in there.
3) Run the Batch Compiler installer, install it wherever you would like.
4) Move the Batch Compiler Specification File to your "...\Batch Compiler\SpecFiles" directory.
5) Extract XP-Cagey's Compile Tools to your "...\Hammer\Tools " directory.
6) If you haven't used Cagey's tools before, move the DLLs that came with them into your windows\system
7) Extract the HLFix stuff to your "...\Hammer\Tools" directory.
8) Extract Merl's Map Backup Util to your "...\Hammer\Tools" directory.Setup - Hammer
- Open up Hammer from your Start Menu.
- The Setup Dialog should popup. Click on the "Game Configurations" tab.
1) Beside "Configuration" hit the Edit button.
- Click "Add" on the next screen and enter "Natural Selection" as the game name.
- Close the popup.
2) Beside "Game Data" files, hit Add and browse to your NS directory. Select "NS.fgd".
3) Ignore "texture format" and "map type", you can't change them anyway...
4) Under "Default Point Entity" and "Default Solid Entity" select "light" and "func_wall".
5) The "Game exectuable", and "Game directory" won't matter as we won't use Hammer to compile.
6) Point "Mod Directory" to your "...\Half-Life\NS" directory (this is needed to get the ns models to render).
7) Point "RMF Directory" to your "...\Hammer\maps" directory.
You should now have something like this:
8) Next move to your "Textures" Tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Browse to your NS directory and select NS.wad.
- Repeat and add NS2.wad.
- Lastly browse to your "...\Hammer\Tools" directory and add "ZHLT.wad".
(You may also browse to HL\Valve and add HL.wad, but I'm trying to keep this Steam-compatible
9) The tabs "General", "2D Views" and "3D Views" are up to user preference, however I have provided some recommended settings.
If you need more information on the options, the help files are very good for them.
10) Ignore "Build Programs" because you will be using Batch Compiler to compile.
11) Close Hammer