Info and signup here!
Welcome to the NS SkulkRace!
(IF YOU WANT TO SIGNUP, REPLY WITH YOU TEAM, DONT PM ME!)
This is a contest to test your wallclimbing skills with that pesky little skulk. We will be running a 16 team tournament over the next few days to find out which group of folks work the best with their sharp little claws. And yes, I did say team. The race is going to be relay style, so each of you can show your skills, but in the end NS is a team based game, so the race is team based. We will have spots for 16 teams, and a team will consist of 5 players, and 1 optional backup, just in case. Your team must also assign one team captain, this is very important. Times of races will be held between 12 EST (noon) and 12 EST (midnight) and your racing partners will be predetermined. More exact times/races will be posted once teams have been signed up.
The objective of this is to win the race obviously. Each skulk will run a section of each race course layed out (see tracks below). There will be 5 legs to each race, thus, 5 racers. Each race will have varying lengths of legs, and varying dificulties to make it different for each racer. Some sections will be short and hard, others long and easier. And some will be long and hard, for those that think they can handle it
Each skulk will wait in their pass zone (the area where the finishing skulk from the previous leg must be for the next one to start) until the skulk running the prior section of the race enters that zone and bites their teammate. When your teammate has entered that zone and bitten the next runner (we will show exactly where the zones are in game, the image just gives you a good idea), he is done his leg, and it is your turn to take off to reach the next pass zone, or if you are lucky enough, the finish line!
The tournament will run in elimination mode. The first map will be Nothing. 8 races of 2 teams will take place with the winning team from each heat advancing to the next round. The second round will be held on Caged, again, with the winning team from each heat continuing on. And finally, the remaining 4 teams will compete in a one shot race on Tanith for the prize! Now, what is the prize you ask? First place will receive any custom forum title they want (within reason of course), and a new avatar or sig done by Comprox or Fam. 2nd place will receive custom forum titles or an avatar (they pick) and 3rd place will receive whichever 2nd place doesnt not pick. Now, this sounds all nice and easy, doesn't it? Well, there is a few quirks of course, read on my men...Rules
1. You sharp claws must stay off the ground. The means you must only use the walls and the roof to get around the course. In the event you touch the ground, you must stand still for 2 seconds, and then return to the position you fell from and continue the race. Admins will be watching the race, and verbally warn you when you touch the ground and tell you when your 2 second wait is up. You may turn around during the penatly time, but not move until the 2 second penatly has been passed and your watcher has given the go ahead.
This is where team captains come in. As we will need 8 watches per race, captains from the signed up teams will be brought in to watch the other races. This way it ensures the captains try their hardest to be fair, as the guy you are watching will be judging your movements in return. Keep in mind this is all for fun in the end guys, and huge dispuits over a milimeter or a microsecond touch are not going to be followed closely. A fall is described as an obvious touching of the ground, if a skulk just nicks it, we will be nice and let them continue. In the end though, the watches rule is final.
2. You MAY touch the ground where course is in vents, but no other time.
3. You must go from pass zone to pass zone following the race roue in the maps below, no shortcuts are allowed to be used.
4. Bumping and jostling on the race course is allowed, but not in the pass zones. Cutting folks off is allowed while racing also, its not like you can hit people off
5. You may land on boxes and anything on the floor (computers, etc), these are not the ground
6. No upgrades of any kind will be used. No leap, no celerity, just vanilla skulks in this one
7. You may jump from wall - wall or from box - box, etc.
We will have 2 servers for the heats for the teams to choose between, so you can try and get a better ping. If the team captains cannot both decide on a server to use, a random one will be choosen. The 2 servers are:
For the final race, we will be using For Underworld: 188.8.131.52:27016 as it has the 24 slots we need for it, while Donce and Nano do not. Check these servers out ahead of time to find which pings better for you.What you have to do
to this post, with your 5 team members plus 1 backup. And a team name is needed, so I can keep you seperated in my small mind. Finally, one member must be designated as the team captain! Any other replies besides questions relating to the race itself will be deleted. The first 16, full 6 person teams signed up will get in, dont give up hope though, as teams may drop out or fail to show. We will take 3 backup teams with at least 1 ready to race if another team fails to show at least 5 racers.
And finally, learn the tracks of course, the 3 race courses are as follows.
Round 1. NS Nothing
Round 2. NS Caged
Round 3. NS Tanith
Thanks to http://www.tribes2maps.com/ns/
for the maps