Kaos's thoughts and other odds and ends
Glad to finaly get a post up here. I'm a really good friend of Narfwak's and I play ns with him a lot, and a lot as the commander's little worker. its a good partnership as always though, cause we're usually in the same room as each other. Anyway here are my personal rules and strategies:
1. Always listen to the commander, no matter how dumb or obscene the order is. The see the big picture and usually know a lot more then the single marine does.
2 (corresponding with above) Commanders can't ignore the single marine, they are the ones that run the big show. Support them and help them fight through whatever, but make sure you're not just focusing on a single marine for too long, there are many marines out there that need your help!
3. The Welder and your LMG can be your best friend if you know how to use them, The welder can eat through next to anything, and in correspondence with HA, I've taken down many an offencive, defensive, and all the chambers in between with relative ease. The LMG is good for a little more obvious reasons of accuracy and ease of use.
4. Be observant of your team's statistics. Know how many of your comrads have died, ask about it if a lot have died and if oyu might be of better use durring a siege of one of the bases or something. Also about the team's RU's, don't pester the commander about getting you expensive armour and an hmg if he only has 10 RU's. I've heared Narfwak telling me about how that ticks him off, especially when the get really grabby and ask for HA when you don't even have an Arms Lab up yet.
5. The Commander's Little Helper plan not only can be, but is an indispensible idea. If you've got a forward post under seige and a guy there with a welder just standign around, well USE HIM! Micromanagement is never bad when the commander knows what he's doing. This also goes back to the idea of a single man being extremely important.
6. Remember you CAN walk in NS. If the aliens haven't seen you yet with advanced sight or parasite, and the haven't heared you yet, walk, sneak up and get a knife kill and show em' who's boss! or better yet, sneak a team in behind enemy lines through tubing or tiny passageways and have him kill something important!
7. Aliens see you as lunchmeat. If you haven't figured it out yet, thats bad.
I'd like to give a huge ammount of credit to Narfwak and even Soap for most of these thoughts, if not all of them. Narfwak's a damn genious when it comes to this game and we should all listen to him if we want to learn how to really play this game. I never really can give him enough credit for all he's shown me about not only NS but Half-Life in general. He's a pretty great guy and you should all get to know him. Not only that but he's a really great opponent and/or ally almost any game.
Come to the server at Spider Gaming at 126.96.36.199:27016 and play with us sometime!
\ / S
\ \/\/ / P
\_ / \_/ G A M I N G
___/\ /\___ D
/ () \ R