1. Why are the marines using projectile weaponry. They conquered the stars yet they are still using gunpower to project small pieces of metal at things to kill them. What is wrong with this picture? Where are my ray guns and laser weapons? What happened to my plasma rifle?
2. Why didn't anyone ever give the marines hand grenades? Did they _want_ the marines to die? Maybe they thought it would be _too_ effective to have the marines walking around with explosives.
3. What's with the aliens throwing exlposive balls of goo that seem to defy gravity??? Over the course of a battle it seems to shoot about 3 times it's volume in goo at things. On top of this, the bile bomb somehow explodes. Pease explain both of these phenomenon.
4. Why does the model for the LMG have a scope on it? There is no zoom secondary attack. Is it just there for the looks?
5. WHY does the grenade launcher shoot so slowly. The m79 grenade launcher has a muzzle velocity of 250 feet per second (76 mps). This is roughly the velocity of a paintball gun if you have ever tried the sport. Somehow the grenades in NS don't really live up to this. The range and damage on the grenades is also lacking. Did the Frontiersmen have someone retarded design their grenade launcher? It would make more sense for the marines to carry the grenades around in their pockets instead of using the launcher that can't lobb a grenade further than a 70 year old woman.
6. Why does the marine decide to grab half a clip from the armoury at a time? In the heat of battle, why would somone decide to partition the ammo into _half_ of what goes into a fully loaded clip?
7. Heavy armour moves too slowly. By this time, I think they would have developed some sort of exoskeletal power armour that does not impede the movement of the user. Seeing as how the armour "transformed 23rd century warfare (NS manual manual\weapons_ha.html)" I think they would have found _some_ way making it _help_ the user's mobility rather than impede it. Don't believe me? Situation: Slow armoured guy on battlefield vs guy with interdiction weapon (something designed to destroy vehicles/objects, ie the m82 barret .50). Slow armoured guy starts to move, but then, suddenly round after round punches through his armour leaving him in a bloody mess before he could lumber .5 cenitmeters. _IF_ this thing changed warfare, then I really doubt it would have made people move slower. In addition, how the hell would someone carry this thing without it being powered. Judging from ingame play, it boosts the player's height by about half a foot, and adds considerable bulk.
8. Onos are big.
I only decided to rant about things that either: a.defy the laws of physics b.don't make sense or c. cause _existing_ things to become less effective than they would be in their current form, ie the grenade launcher. see http://184.108.40.206/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/2...-31/f2331_9.htm