Dunes expansion

kingdoo10kingdoo10 UK Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226989Members
The dunes need an expansion, especially since there is very little reason to go there, due to the high threat level yet common loot.

I think that it would be interesting to have this be where the Degasi crashed and not only that their ship, or at least what is left of it is still there and is now "part" of the ecosytem.

I also think the Reapers should be seen being very aggro on the Seatreaders that pass. I know they don't but I think their migration should start within the dunes. Maybe an item could be made after you scan the seatreaders and the PDF explains, "through our analysis Sea treaders are the Reaper Leviathan's most common prey which is a possible explanation for the patroling of the reapers in the Dunes where there is little cover for the sea treaders to hide and any lone seatreader or baby sea treader is an easy target for the reapers. Our estimation that you can use this information to make (insert item here) which will give an estimation as to when you can enter the dunes more safely due to the passing of the sea treaders. Beware use with caution as not 100% accurate."

Comments

• LordSingulothLordSinguloth Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226955Members
    I like the degasi plus ecosystem thing
  • kingdoo10kingdoo10 UK Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226989Members
    I like the degasi plus ecosystem thing

Yeah would be really cool, the ship would still be on the island in my opinion, rusted maybe but not completely gone.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    This has been suggested multiple times. And each time I have to explain that the Degasi crew recycled ALL the metal from their ship to build their 3 bases, plus a Cyclops.

There would be nothing left to find or for an ecosystem to form around.
    This has been suggested multiple times. And each time I have to explain that the Degasi crew recycled ALL the metal from their ship to build their 3 bases, plus a Cyclops.

Are you a game developer? If not then how can we be sure about this. They said they scrapped what they could but not everything would have been gathered.

Take the aurora for example, That will be there for years to come.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    kingdoo10 wrote: »

Are you a game developer? If not then how can we be sure about this. They said they scrapped what they could but not everything would have been gathered.

Salvaged what they could = All of the Degasi.

The Degasi was smaller than the Sunbeam, remember; not by a lot but it was smaller. To make 3 relatively large bases and a Cyclops would need all of the ship.
    Jamezorg wrote: »

The Degasi was smaller than the Sunbeam, remember; not by a lot but it was smaller. To make 3 relatively large bases and a Cyclops would need all of the ship.

That is imposible it would have been completely destroyed, no Degasi crew would have survived they would have had the same fate as the Sunbeam.

Just been on the wiki and it is confirmed a 6 man ship. Fine but then how were there any scraps left to even be able to make their 3 bases. The one on the island possible the other 2 bases no but then again they probably collected the resources.

Aw that is annoying as I don't think it is plausable at all, smaller then the Sunbeam = total destruction I am not buying that it survived at all.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members

That is imposible it would have been completely destroyed, no Degasi crew would have survived they would have had the same fate as the Sunbeam.

Just been on the wiki and it is confirmed a 6 man ship. Fine but then how were there any scraps left to even be able to make their 3 bases. The one on the island possible the other 2 bases no but then again they probably collected the resources.

Aw that is annoying as I don't think it is plausable at all, smaller then the Sunbeam = total destruction I am not buying that it survived at all.

I always thought it crashed in the ocean and the water broke its fall. If it landed on the island I would have thought there would be a crater.

I always thought it crashed in the ocean and the water broke its fall. If it landed on the island I would have thought there would be a crater.

It did crash in the ocean as they said that they scrapped what they could before building the base right. My thing is that the gun would have completely destroyed it. No chance if it was smaller than the Sunbeam which was also a 6 seater right? So yeah I do have an issue with that. I'm wondering if it could be more ambiguous, it only had 6 passengers but was much larger than the sunbeam. Otherwise I don't believe any of them would have survived,
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

It did crash in the ocean as they said that they scrapped what they could before building the base right. My thing is that the gun would have completely destroyed it. No chance if it was smaller than the Sunbeam which was also a 6 seater right? So yeah I do have an issue with that. I'm wondering if it could be more ambiguous, it only had 6 passengers but was much larger than the sunbeam. Otherwise I don't believe any of them would have survived,

Let's just say the G.U.N. was having a bad day and couldn't quite hit them accurately. Whatever the reason, it doesn't really matter- another wreck in the dunes could serve the same purpose. Or, instead of the ship, they could put the wreck of their cyclops. Additionally, they could just add other features to the dunes to add interest (like the meteorite).
    Let's just say the G.U.N. was having a bad day and couldn't quite hit them accurately. Whatever the reason, it doesn't really matter- another wreck in the dunes could serve the same purpose. Or, instead of the ship, they could put the wreck of their cyclops. Additionally, they could just add other features to the dunes to add interest (like the meteorite).[/quote]

Yeah absolutely fine with the gun missing them. Whatever the explanation I don't really mind. But like you said there should be a special wreck for the Degasi. I think if they want to go with the fact it was small then maybe they should just make a small wreck for wherever it landed. This doesn't neccessarily mean they will be in the dunes. But do think something should be left. Maybe a special fragment could be gotten from it. Which is why I feel like it would be good in the dunes as that obviously factors in a massive risk.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2017
    Keep in mind the Sunbeam was coming in for a landing on the Precursor gun island, and was shot at basically point blank range. Vs the Degasi was probably scouting around a bit, and their pilot probably had more experience besides landing in the academy simulator (like the Sunbeam's pilot, RIP), and may have seen the spike that Avery Quinn saw over his pilot's shoulder in time to try to evade (and thus only get grazed by the shot).
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members

I don't have to be a game developer to read the actual text in game. Try picking up a PDA on the Floater Island sometime.

Let's just say the G.U.N. was having a bad day and couldn't quite hit them accurately. Whatever the reason, it doesn't really matter- another wreck in the dunes could serve the same purpose. Or, instead of the ship, they could put the wreck of their cyclops. Additionally, they could just add other features to the dunes to add interest (like the meteorite).

This is reducing any common logic in the game though. The amount of damage it did to a massive ship like the aurora. If it hit the Degasi crew at all it would have been totally destroyed.

The only thing that has survived this crash is our lifepod so far and that is fair enough as all life pods technically survived the GUN which was already occupied. If the Degasi ship was as large as the Sunbeam or smaller. It would never provide enough materials for 3 bases plus a cyclops. Logic the Sunbeam is smaller than a cyclops yet you are saying the material could easily be turned into one plus that of another 3 bases. I seriously don't buy this.

Anyway, I just will continue my disapointment of not having a underwater Degasi biome to explore haha. And even though we won't get one I will never believe that the Degasi ship was either not completely destroyed by the GUN or if it just crashed as it avoided the GUN that it was big enough for the materials they needed.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I think that they just added a gigantic meteor out there.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Well wouldn't it depend where the ship was. The sunbeam was shot in the direct middle. Bullseye. The Degasi could have been shot somewhere else mostly likely the back as if it hit there the passengers are more likely to survive. Now then. The gun probably hasn't shoot a ship for hundreds of years. So it probably wasn't as powerful when shooting the Degasi. But other than that yes I think the dunes should have more things. If it isn't planned yet have a slave teleporter there that can lead to some other biome. Or it should have a couple more wrecks.
    Well wouldn't it depend where the ship was. The sunbeam was shot in the direct middle. Bullseye. The Degasi could have been shot somewhere else mostly likely the back as if it hit there the passengers are more likely to survive. Now then. The gun probably hasn't shoot a ship for hundreds of years. So it probably wasn't as powerful when shooting the Degasi. But other than that yes I think the dunes should have more things. If it isn't planned yet have a slave teleporter there that can lead to some other biome. Or it should have a couple more wrecks.

Yeah I am just bitter lol. Ok with the 1000 years that the precursers were there you are saying only 2 ships crashlanded on the planet? Can we just have a ship the size of the Aurora or something that crashed here many many years before the degasi which is now part of the environment.

And yeh there is a meteor in the biome, but I feel like this is not enough to explore
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members

Yeah I am just bitter lol. Ok with the 1000 years that the precursers were there you are saying only 2 ships crashlanded on the planet? Can we just have a ship the size of the Aurora or something that crashed here many many years before the degasi which is now part of the environment.

And yeh there is a meteor in the biome, but I feel like this is not enough to explore

Did you happen to see the Precursor cache there as well, cause there is one right near the crater ;)
    edited January 2017

Did you happen to see the Precursor cache there as well, cause there is one right near the crater ;)

Yeah I have, still not enough of a reason to go into the dunes, but it is a start.

I also think that if they are making the game linear by closing up Lava zone and lost river. Maybe the twisty bridges and lilly pad biomes can be based in all biomes, just an extra place for resources/
  • EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
    edited January 2017
    I had a tread a while ago about how maybe the Aurora would have a escort ship. This would allow for a crashed ship and it would keep the already established lore just about the same.

This escorts ship could have landed in the dunes
    I had a tread a while ago about how maybe the Aurora would have a escort ship. This would allow for a crashed ship and it would keep the already established lore just about the same.

This escorts ship could have landed in the dunes

Could be interesting. Although I would really like a super ancient ship having crashed landed in the dunes. Maybe even from a non Human species and you can gain different types of new data.